What rules?

Discussion in 'Uber Entertainment Discussion' started by jaysofacton, August 21, 2011.

1. Cyan Sunshine

Cyan Sunshine New Member

Just saying that it goes both ways.
  2. Saint Mudknot

Saint Mudknot New Member

How? Xbox hasnt seen an update in almost a year lol...it doesnt go both ways at all.

This is why im watching this PAX clock closely.......UBER you better have some good news already ><
  3. Cyan Sunshine

Cyan Sunshine New Member

Therefore you don't have to fix it, even though it's broken.
  4. Gentleman

Gentleman New Member

PC can go suck it.

Sorry, let me re-phrase that.

There's really no way that I'm wasting my money on a decent PC just to play one game. I have my laptop and enough consoles already, I certainly don't need another one. I tried downloading MNC for my laptop, doesn't run, uninstalled it, so I'm sticking with the 360.

Because that's the point, I HAVE to stick with the Xbox because, well, that's the only console I majorly play on and what most of my friends play. I don't know, my friends that DO have decent PCs, however, only play WoW and believe me when I say I played the trial version of the game on my laptop, only to have the world map turn out to be a 2x4 assortment of different shaded brown squares.

So, if you PC elitist people just piss off for now, leave us other players to do what WE want to do, wouldn't that be just swell? Of course it will be. Sure, you guys will be wallowing in the updates but quite frankly, I just don't care. I've supported Uber right from the beginning, enough to own the game itself for free (despite I still gave Uber money for buying the PC version anyway) and I still believe that those updates will be coming out eventually, I'm patient like that.

I'm not bothered if what's announced at PAX doesn't affect the Xbox 360, sure I'll be a little miffed again. But like I said, I can wait.

Either way, after the new Engine change, surely the patches/updates will soon follow.
  5. killien

killien Active Member

How old is your laptop that it can't run WoW?
  6. Gentleman

Gentleman New Member

It's not really a gaming laptop, more used for college work. I got it in about 2008, I think.

Except now that I'm not at college, I just use it for surfing the internet and more or less writing pointless banter.

But yeah, it cannot run WoW. Well it CAN, it just looks like. . .well, what I described as the "map" should explain that.
  7. zodiark1234

zodiark1234 New Member

In my opinion, I like the PC a lot more than most of the current consoles when it comes to shooters. Still, on rare occasions, I would ditch the mouse and keyboard to play with my dad in CoD BO (which he plays a lot), despite my dislike of the joystick for such games. As for eye candy, I don't really care for it all that much myself. I play the old PS2 more so than any other system, so MNC on low res (640 x 480) + moderate world details + textures gives me a similar visual experience to a game like Ratchet and Clank, Going Commando.

Honestly though, I commend the 360 MNC players for sticking with it (the game) for this long without an update, and even though I play solely the PC version, I'd lose respect for Uber (except for a really good reason) if they did not support half their community. I am really hoping for an update on both platforms this time around. One cool feature, in fact, would be an optional support for cross platform multiplayer.
  8. Gentleman

Gentleman New Member

Ladies and gentlemen, a person with a functioning brain. I like you, at least you're not one of those PC elitists who's ego is larger than their "Johnson".
  9. sunnydove

sunnydove Member

Some people tell console players to go pc because they legitimately want you to have a more enjoyable experience. The only thing consoles have going for them (not just for MNC, but for most titles) is integrated voice chat, and PC has programs like Mumble for that (far better voice quality and customization compared to Live's voice chat). I hate it that so many players are missing out on all of the advantages of pc gaming. Save some money, build a nice pc, and you won't go back. I have touched my 360 maybe twice (for less than an hour each time) in the past year and a half.
  10. Gentleman

Gentleman New Member

We're fine, stop trying to "convert" everyone.
  11. iammclovin117

iammclovin117 Active Member

You mean like Vlane? BURN!!!!!!!!
  12. zodiark1234

zodiark1234 New Member

Many of those downfalls are the fallings of the console's developers or possibly the developers in the game itself, I'm not exactly sure how voice chat over Xbox works, for most, it seems to work fine.

You do need to realize that there are advantages, and disadvantages of both the console and PC, for the end user and the developer.

For example, the fact that the hardware is the same in a given console gives the advantage of needing to test it one just one platform instead of having to test it out on PCs of varying capabilities, and from the end user of trying to figure out how well their system can run it. This also acts as a double edged sword, however, because a Developer also cannot exceed the console's capabilities, especially given the 5-10 year life span, which is often considered antiquity for PC hardware.

Another example, some like to get their hands dirty in Hardware and Software, and some simply want to play their games. My dad does a lot of physical work, so handling any sort of issues on the PC that may arise after a work day isn't something he is keen on doing. I myself enjoy the many complexities of a PC, and the enjoyment from solving issues, but I also like the nostalgia that the PS2 gives as well.

I would like to see consoles separate further from the PC in the future in terms of hardware. While on PCs, hardware is generally standardized and is actually fairly slow to adopt new standards despite ever increasing hardware power, Consoles on the other hand, can and should be developed in a way that doesn't solely rely on sheer hardware power (as PCs will always triumph here), maybe in the future, a system of GPUs that specializes in one or two aspects each, for example, one GPU can render lighting and shadows, another can specialize in particle effects, etc.
  13. sunnydove

sunnydove Member

I do understand the downfalls of both. But it's hard to argue that console has anything really going for it. I was just talking to Arson1st about this over Steam:
    Consoles are convenient. They lose in every other category: graphics, performance, customization, etc. People need to quit trying to defend their investment, acting like console is superior. News flash: it's not.
  14. LTGH0ST

LTGH0ST New Member

it was never superior
    dont get me wrong the console are great to play on but the PC will always win
    also 90's console were the best :D
    spending time to get all the things in DKC2....... aahhhh good times
    Last edited: August 24, 2011
  15. OfficerFuttBuck

OfficerFuttBuck Active Member

Better idea for an update:

Take out pub assaults.
  16. sunnydove

sunnydove Member

I miss the NES and SNES days :(.
  17. DeadStretch

DeadStretch Post Master General

So guys have you heard that the rules have changed?
  18. zodiark1234

zodiark1234 New Member

Sega Genesis ftw.
  19. timmy TED

timmy TED New Member

What rules? We can swear now?
  20. LTGH0ST

LTGH0ST New Member

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUDDDDDGGGEEE