What is the best full damage skills for the gunner?

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat PC Discussion' started by marceloxlr, July 11, 2011.

1. BillNyeTheScienceGuy

BillNyeTheScienceGuy New Member

Gold crits: short range dps

Gold accuracy: medium range dps

Gold rof: credit to team tower killer

Your gold skill should depend on what role you want to play and what the map is like. (i.e. don't take gold crits on Grenade 3)
  2. Z-UNIT

Z-UNIT Active Member

its also the reason i would like to have multiple custom builds for each class
  3. marceloxlr

marceloxlr New Member

Currently using Gold armor / Silver magazine size / bronze aim.

Is there a big diference bethen gold armor and silver armor?
    IDK.....i can make a super killer with magazine, reload and aim, but that would make me die wuite fast D:
  4. DeadStretch

DeadStretch Post Master General

5. shadow9d9

shadow9d9 New Member

Do you guys really skip clip size? I chose gold armor, silver clip size, silver rof.
  6. Dachefin

Dachefin New Member

Clip size is bad, stop using it.
  7. marceloxlr

marceloxlr New Member

i've come to a few endorsement builds.

Armor/ speed / aim
    Armor / RoF / aim
    RoF / armor / aim
    Armor / crits / aim
    Armor / clip size / aim

Opinions on what should i use?
  8. DeadStretch

DeadStretch Post Master General

Armor / RoF / aim is what the competitive players use.
  9. shadow9d9

shadow9d9 New Member

Could someone explain why? The less I need to reload, the better...
  10. NeoCyberman

NeoCyberman Active Member

Mostly because a better endorsement can take its place.
  11. sunnydove

sunnydove Member

I recommend an endorsement that actively increases your damage potential. The minigun already has plenty of ammo.
  12. Dachefin

Dachefin New Member

I don't use it so does that make me a scrub? No.

Don't say things like that.
  13. vortexcontinuum

vortexcontinuum Active Member

lolwut
  14. Beast

Beast New Member

A little bit outside the scope of the OP's question but here we go anyway. I run 3 builds for gunner, as its my favourite class - each obviously has advantages and disadvantages.

Gold Speed, Silver Armor, Bronze ROF - makes gunner a lot of fun. Not so hot at killing bots with the bronze ROF but very good in maps where you do a lot of up close and personal fighting with Pro's with the minigun as you are incredibly mobile - minigun at close range = death. Good supports will blast you off the map a lot with their bloody bomb though. Tanks will also knock you on your *** and kill you if not paying attention.

Helps a lot with chasing people down or hauling *** if your in a bad situation.

I used this build to get my 500 grapple kills as gunner.

Gold Armor, Silver Acc, Bronze ROF - This is my Deploy Gunner build - eg on steel peel you can kill a sniper on the other side of the arena (after you have deploy 3 skill) while deployed. Could possibly trade rof for crit however still nice to have some bot killing ability with the mortars to help get money/juice. It can also be quite fun playing this build as you spit out a lot of damage and are hard to kill - biggest drawback is you are slow as crap so if you start taking dmg from multiple attackers you are probably stuffed.

Gold ROF, Silver Armor, Bronze Speed (or whatever really - i like high mobility as you can probably tell from first build) This is a great build to use for Ammo Mule and Spunky cola where the bots come thick and fast and you have long lanes to use your mortar to great effect. You get a lot of Juice in this build and will be able to smash base defences easily from a relatively safe distance.
  15. Myst

Myst New Member

Woah woah woah....WOAH

There's someone else out there who fights for the fence?

Please don't tell me you are a mega thud too, or I might start feeling inadequate.
  16. teapot

teapot Post Master General

For privates - Armor/RoF/Acc

Many for pubs, but my favorite is - Acc/RoF/Armor, followed by Armor/Acc/RoF
  17. Beast

Beast New Member

I think I probably play too much MNC :p as I have completed all the gunner achievements/milestones.

Heh i'm sure you don't have far to go - getting the slam kills was relatively easy as gunners are real assassin magnets. The ones that dash all over the shop while cloaked are easy to kill - the sneaky ones, that pick a spot, stand still then lunge/grab when you come into range are much more harder to deal with as you don't get much warning.

Attached Files:

18. Beast

Beast New Member

Also been playing lately using Gold Armor, Silver Acc, Bronze Crit and the extra crit dmg is quite nice.
  19. Xx Tikki xX

Xx Tikki xX New Member

i think the only other class i have seen beast play was sniper, but that was on grenade 3
  20. Memorable

Memorable New Member

Good god that's a lot of deploy kills. :p