What if Vanguards did zero damage?

Discussion in 'Balance Discussions' started by carlorizzante, April 9, 2014.

1. eratosthenes

eratosthenes Active Member

Idk what the solution is apart from nerfing the unit itself, though I like the suggestion that air transport speed should be based on the weight of the unit, and since the armored Vanguard would be a heavy unit, transports would be slower and more vulnerable to balance the OPness of the combo. And yeah, you usually want to use two or more, but the idea is you can actually drop a single unit and almost instantly kill a Commander. I mean hell, if that's the case, take my Commanders Ubercannon off and replace it with that blowtorch, you know?

Okay, this is from the PA Matches wiki: Commander range 100m, DPS 160. "Strongest" unit and all that right? Vanguard range 20m... so 1/5 the range, and its HP is 5,000... so 2/5 the commander. DPS you might figure is 5 times that right? Ten times? No, 25 times at 4000 DPS plus 1000 splash damage at radius 2 so, idk, sometimes the total can be 6000 or more. Then the things are faster than the Commander, more than double the acceleration, twice the turning rate, plus it has radar. Man, I think I might want to download my Commander's brain into a Vanguard as soon as I build my first one :p