What games does Monday Night Combat remind you of?

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat 360 General Discussion' started by cazoofoo, August 3, 2010.

1. Gentleman

Gentleman New Member

How about YOU get the Hell out of this forum and come back when you realise that your "similarities" are WAY out of line and off the charts, hm?

In fact, read UP on the game a bit more before you make pointless accusations and assumptions. And also learn to spell, please.

And one more thing and I QUOTE:

"A few are blatant ripoffs (no offense devs)"

No bloody offence? My boy, that means a WHOLE LOT of offence to the developers saying that takes a lot of nerve, doesn't it? Saying something that the developers don't PLAN on doing and something they said themselves. Are you saying you would walk straight up to Cliff Bleszinski and saying straight to his face that "Gears of War is a blatant rip-off of Grand Theft Auto"? I wouldn't think you would, because before you'd have time to finish that sentence, you be on the floor bleeding to death.

It's people like you who need to READ. Seriously, pick one up and you might learn something.

GOD, what an annoyance.
  2. Stroodlez

Stroodlez New Member

Cliff would pull out a longshot and no-scope him :cool:

And well Gears is a free roam kinda game, and they do kind of look the same.. Niko and Marcus :p and the guns are all copied sheesh..

And 1 more thing (no sarcasm this time) the only similaritie to TF2 i see is... Art style and class based style. And i dont see why people get mad for similarities to other class based games. There is always the set classes:

Big Guy (Big gun)
    Stealth Guy (Dagger)
    Sniper (you guessed)
    All around person (moderate gun)

because if they made it different the game would be wierd...
    Last edited: August 5, 2010
  3. TGO023

TGO023 New Member

Cliffy is about 5 foot nothing...so I think I would take my chances. :eek:

The only thing he would beat me in is gaming and a road race. Seriously...the guy is rollin' Lamborghini style.
  4. Stroodlez

Stroodlez New Member

but Cliff can hire bodyguards.. or a hitman..
  5. TGO023

TGO023 New Member

Damn, good point. He also appears to have discovered a weight room in the last couple years...along with T-Shirts in kid sizes. Oh, snap!
  6. neutrino

neutrino low mass particle Uber Employee

Cliff would never hurt a fly from what I've seen. And I've known the guy for close to 15 years...
  7. TGO023

TGO023 New Member

Yup. That's my take on him as well. Definitely seems to be one of the good guys of the industry and a great public champion for gaming in general.

He's got great beer-factor...as some might say.
  8. Sarnoth

Sarnoth New Member

When I played this game at PAX East, my immediate reaction was this is the Grid arcade game. This mainly came from the whole game show idea. Also, I got a War Final Assault vibe as well. Yeah, theres Dota in there, but I don't really get the TF2 vibe from it as much, except the art style.
  9. Snappyguy

Snappyguy New Member

A bit of Tribes because of the Jetpack. I loved that game, so there's a 99.99%* chance I will love this game. :mrgreen:

*may be off by 0.01%
  10. cazoofoo

cazoofoo New Member

Am I the only person that thinks Cliff Blezinksi is a huge-man-douche-whore-vain-thing?
  11. Sengoku no Maou

Sengoku no Maou New Member

No. It's become popular to hate people who are popular or in the public eye over the internet. To be quite honest, I could not give less of a damn what he is or what type of person he might be.
  12. cazoofoo

cazoofoo New Member

Eh, fair one, I just hate it when people look at him and follow him like the next coming of the messiah, "ooh look a guy that isnt a mildly obese 40 yr old is making games..." *fap fap fap fap...*
  13. MLGIntervention

MLGIntervention Active Member

It reminds me of League of legends.
  14. truckus

truckus New Member

my initial reaction when I realized this game was game show style was "oh kinda like Super Smash T.V.! Sweet!"

The gameplay is very different from SSTV of course.
  15. HazeTheRipper

HazeTheRipper New Member

it reminds me on dota and tf2 and for some reason on time splitters 2 but dunno why on time splitters
  16. JackTrips

JackTrips New Member

This game reminds me of the month of August for some reason.
  17. BroTranquilty

BroTranquilty New Member

C&C Renegade. Instead of Tanks, you have Bots. Instead of a base of buildings and turrets, you have a moneyball and turrets. Some maps have 1 path with numerous personell tunnels, some maps have 2 with a few personell tunnels between them. Some maps are really open, some are closed, some are high, some are trenched. Just like this game.
  18. vI Snack Iv

vI Snack Iv New Member

These necro-bumps are making me die.
  19. BroTranquilty

BroTranquilty New Member

There is a "How did you get your gamertag?" thread in the Off-Topic section... There was one of those months ago. If someone would use the search feature, it would have been necro-ed, instead of there being multiple threads of same topic. Which would you perfer?
  20. Undercover_Thudercat

Undercover_Thudercat New Member

This is 3rd Person Shooter DotA at its finest.