What game replaced/would replace SMNC for you?

Discussion in 'Unrelated Discussion' started by thebigpill, January 30, 2013.

1. NegimaSonic

NegimaSonic Active Member

I never really play warriors in TES games, try not doing that and doing something with magic then transition into archery,makes things more interesting to me. It's always funny to calm an enemy then send him into a fury against his fellow enemies :D 1 second paralysis shots for stumbling opponents, while still having the element of danger of not stacking hp and heavy armor.
    How much you want to "abuse" enchantments is up to you though.
  2. junglistt

junglistt Active Member

Ah damn, you should have been at their live stream today.

They give out a **** ton of keys during their live streams, developers do one every week.
  3. hotcakes

hotcakes New Member

I grabbed a copy of Loadout but never played it. Ever. How is it?
  4. Pave

Pave Active Member

To amend my previous statement to original question, SMNC is one of it's kind to me.
    Or, at least in similiar fashion like Frozen Synapse and FRAY are to me at least.
    There are various other games which share similarities between each other. But they're still enough different to be both very playable in my book, and won't be replacing each other.
    --------------------------
    As for The Elder Scroll-games, while I personally have mostly/only played the third entry Morrowind, I personally didn't find the later instalments as "engaging". Sure, I like they did needed improvements on combat. But on various aspects they simply got more and more lazy (less armor pirce-slots, models are less unique, gameplay has "less" variety, various other "old fart"-gripes). Point being that while the games got "better", they probably "simplified" things way too much. I mean, I can't remember you would be able to do a enchanted armor set with constant Chameleon anywhere else aside Morrowind (or at least as usefull and powerful), just to name an example from the library of my "Morrowind-nutter friend of mine"...
    As for how do I have more detailed info about the games I haven't played "much", there's the another general nutter of mine...
  5. emb4

emb4 Active Member

6. patriarchy

patriarchy New Member

Its fine, except crashes on NVIDIA a lot.
  7. junglistt

junglistt Active Member

I think that the game is awesome, I'm sure you would like it (maybe)
  8. headhunter1

headhunter1 New Member

yeah i just hate it when the stinger says
    yeah **** you im not firining today
  9. doktorstrangelove

doktorstrangelove Member

I bought Natural Selection 2, as it has strategy elements, different classes etc. Never got the hang of not getting instagibbed while playing any alien but Onos. Also, loading times, oh god...
  10. NegimaSonic

NegimaSonic Active Member

Oblivion still had Chameleon, Skyrim was the one that lost that. I was an alchemy abuser in Morrowind, Oblivion made me tame some of that off since they nerfed it, then they nerfed it some more in Skyrim so most of the time I just dealt with pure magic. Which was good enough considering spells were more interesting (though the lack of spell creation is lame but there's mods if you're into that), there's even the ability to cast spells for absolutely no costs if you really wanna be broken.

Losing command humanoid was a shame, but dead thrall has been pretty darn cool to me.
  11. Cerilium

Cerilium Active Member

Not sure...

with it being the only game I kind of play more often then others on the Pc.

What? Runescape.

Why? been playing it for years and its the only other game I really still play. (and enjoy a lot)

as for the xbox, it's either Borderlands 2 or Halo 4. Because i haz friends on it so it gud.
  12. oogie

oogie New Member

League of Legends, I find it fun and I'm good at it. Too bad I don't have anyone good to play with.
  13. hotcakes

hotcakes New Member

I remember that one time I "acquired" 20m worth of crap from "players" and traded it to my friend for a bunch of refined. 'Twas a happy trade indeed.
  14. patriarchy

patriarchy New Member

DOTA 2
  15. emb4

emb4 Active Member

It only crashes for me if you spam alt tab
  16. wastelandoutlander

wastelandoutlander New Member

Nothing.
    This game is kind of unique in that aspect.
    I will miss the bacon, the sound of the crowd, the stadium ambient, etc.

I'll just go back to Battlefield, Team Fortress and maybe Dota.
  17. hotcakes

hotcakes New Member

Kill me already.

Attached Files:

18. AraxisHT

AraxisHT Active Member

For me? If SMNC servers are ever shut off, I'll probably revert back to what I was doing prior to TF2: Variety Gaming.
  19. Raijinken

Raijinken Active Member

What: DotA2
    Why: It's not LoL, and it's a decent alternative to SMNC, in which I won't run into the same people I don't get along with more than once.
    How: Started playing it last year when I didn't expect SMNC to last this long, and now that I have other friends who play it and can't get a round of SMNC that's not a terrible stomp one way or another, it's just a generally more enjoyable experience than SMNC these days. I'd gladly go back to SMNC if I could get an even match on a regular basis that wasn't against the same people repeatedly.

Oh wait. A more serious answer that will take effect next Wednesday is Fire Emblem: Awakening because it's FE, it's awesome, and nothing compares.
  20. Just1more

Just1more Active Member

Bloodline champions atm kinda

(posting at 3:37 cause of nightmares ftw)