what do you do when your map crashes...

Discussion in 'Mapping and stuff' started by nuketf, January 14, 2015.

1. nuketf

nuketf Active Member

meaning...what do you do...when your custom most done....then PA crashes...and you lose all the work...and you KNOW people will have fun on the map!

(remakeing this map [​IMG] )

i had one platform left to make....then it crash! i want to pla this map in PA but...all the work..AHHHH
  2. killerkiwijuice

killerkiwijuice Post Master General

Save every few seconds. ᕙ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)ᕗ
  3. nuketf

nuketf Active Member

map comlpeated! well...need to fix metal spots...other then that i just did a match and you can't throw every unit you have to attack someone you NEED some to stay and defend because your base is in open water! like one guy had like 4 battleships and swarms of destroyers attacking my ally but none at base so my 12 destroyers and one battleship killed him com from behind! should that be removed? or keep it with the map?
  4. nuketf

nuketf Active Member

where are maps saved?
  5. masterdigital

masterdigital Uber Alumni

In a database file... which is somewhat difficult to mess with. However, you can export the planet to a .pas file using th 'export' button in the system browsers.

Also, the 'save in my planets' button now works, so you can use that to quickly save an individual planet.

Most importantly, PA shouldn't crash constantly. Can you give me more information (your system specs, os, anything you notice that might lead to a crash)?
  6. nuketf

nuketf Active Member

it only crashed that one time :p trufuly...my laptop runs PA hard cause of textures rendering but i found a fix....delete texure files no rendering for planets! :p but it keep that on for now for makeing maps (only lags with larg planets like 3 earth larg planets)