What can we do for the backers?

Discussion in 'Backers Lounge (Read-only)' started by neutrino, June 17, 2013.

1. GreenBag

GreenBag Active Member

I have learnt so much about the industry just from being a backer of this game and I have to say it's been enlightening to me, it's always nice to learn something new when you're ignorant of what truly goes on so I've been incredibly happy about my KS pledge because of everything that's been done and allowing me to learn in detail how a game goes through the creation process.
    LavaSnake likes this.
  2. shotogun

shotogun Member

You could use it as the games only real voting community..
  3. garat

garat Cat Herder Uber Alumni

Well, that's kind of what we're doing, on the voting front. :) If you want to vote, you HAVE to be a backer. We're not taking votes anywhere else. Only in the backers only lounge.

Or did you mean something else? Just curious, don't want to assume intent.
    LavaSnake likes this.
  4. ViolentMind

ViolentMind Active Member

About making this a special forum area for Backers....would it be possible for you guys to post a weekly status of the things that you have worked on for us here? Or just show the overall list of items, and bold the areas being worked on, or indicate progress from week to week? I'm sure you have that kind of doc already, so it shouldn't be too much work to create it. I was thinking of something illustrating the specific areas of focus from week to week, and the percentage completed for each particular item (some general notes in each area might suffice here as well). That way the backers would feel like they were really included specifically on what was going on in the office, besides just waiting for the patch update notes, which aren't coming too frequently anymore. Maybe Brad could be the one to post that kind of stuff for us? Obviously I'm talking about after the Beta is released, since that is the focus until Thursday. So, maybe you could start doing this next week. The more detail, the better, and even including areas like artwork, work on sound, AI, or bugs would be cool. I'd be interested to hear sound bites, as well as see artwork in progress. None of this has to be finished work. I too have much appreciated being taken along on the ride of watching the development of this game! This step would bring us even closer into that process!

EDIT: A one liner from each dev lead about the work being done, or some of the frustrating challenges being tackled would give us an even better appreciation for the work being done.
  5. vackillers

vackillers Well-Known Member

A daily screenshot would be pretty kool, so we can see how certain things are progressing.... can be anything, even just a photo of the dev team as someone mentioned :D
    LavaSnake and killzone5017002 like this.
  6. Ringworm

Ringworm Active Member

@ ViolentMind

The devs can't know what percentages are completed, nor can they know
    how much they may have to backtrack over previously "fixed" work.

I reckon that once Beta starts, they will have a bit more time, or at least more
    potential to keep the backers abreast of developments.

Also, to a degree, there'll be quite a potential "new audience", clamouring for
    updates and progress info.
  7. ViolentMind

Yeah, that is why I stated that some general notes about progress in each area of focus might suffice in place of an estimated percentage of completion.

I hope the Beta brings tons of active players to both the game and the forums! : )
  8. shotogun

shotogun Member

I meant like say for example you want to know if the community wants to say rebalance the units or make another DLC you would make a poll after the game has been released. I'm asking if this forum will still have the same amount of power after release.

That or make some
  9. ooddball

ooddball Member

i have an idea lets become the illuminate of the PA universe and manipulate all the events that will come in the future perhaps
  10. little

little New Member

Maybe the backers forums could also be used by mod authors who want to have a smaller testing audience for initial releases. Before they unleash them for everyone?
  11. KNight

KNight Post Master General

Technically speaking, 45,000+ potential users with access to the Backer's Lounge isn't what I'd call a 'smaller testing audience'! ;p

Mike
  12. ooddball

ooddball Member

its smaller than 200,000+
  13. KNight

KNight Post Master General

But even 45,000 is still way beyond most testing group size, and waaaaay beyond what most Mod Teams can handle.

Mike
  14. LavaSnake

LavaSnake Post Master General

I'd like to see a list of what's "coming soon" but that's just me.
    bradaz85 likes this.
  15. sokolek

sokolek Member

16. BulletMagnet

BulletMagnet Post Master General

Sok, please stop spamming that. You've made two threads on it, and now you're pushing it here too?

Calm down.
  17. sokolek

sokolek Member

That's not a spam, but repeated request, that I repeat because I did not get an official response about this matter, and there were about 3 updates since first thread reporting these issues, and none even touched the problem. I am a backer too and I also want to have fun doing my stuff in a game. I can't because it doesn't work correctly. Instead there are minor unit tweaks in updates. I am not against unit tweaks but they can go forever even after official release of game (like in SupCom or FA). If you have unit that is 3% or 13% off balance that's fine -it is not going to ruin your game or mess up your game plans, but if you can not design or play your system (you design something and you get something else when you load it back or when it is unplayable) it is a major issue with entire game feature that is basically unavailable or quite faulty. Fix major things first, and then worry about details like increase firepower of unit X by 3.09%.

Besides that X 3.09 is a great name for some goofy unit. :)

Additionally I remain silent when stuff kinda works well for me. I am not expecting shits and giggles at this point, but things that should be at least feasible at this point like working planetary systems (and working editor). So you could test your units and space travel on greater variety of systems.
    Last edited: October 2, 2013
  18. ViolentMind

You do understand what Beta means, right? You are getting early access to unfinished features in their basic form, before they are completely functional. Do you actually think the fixes aren't coming ASAP? Would you rather not have an opportunity to play/test this in Beta form?
    LavaSnake likes this.
  19. LavaSnake

LavaSnake Post Master General

@sokolek

Try submitting it to the bug tracker. They probably won't get to it right away, but that's the preferred method for telling them about bugs.
    sokolek likes this.
  20. sokolek

sokolek Member

Iam not Uberent boss nor Uberent employee therefore I don't know if fixes are coming ASAP. Besides that, with each mention of these bugs people added some new bugs. If I made 3rd thread about the same matter, there is non 0 probability that someone would post a new bug related to the editor, because that's what happened each time. Because of this I know that I did a good job posting these issues twice because someone added his issues with the editor each time.