Well, I hit 5 stars

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat PC Discussion' started by killien, April 26, 2011.

1. Vlane

Vlane New Member

Real pro's look at the pro tags. If you have more than 1000 "The Me in Team"''s you are a pro, because you don't need them pesky turrets to win.
  2. TheWilder

TheWilder New Member

I don't care about my Stars anymore, used to have 5.24 cuz I played only on Pubs. Now I dont find it important at all
  3. Awpteamoose

Awpteamoose Active Member

I've got 86 "MNC" protags, am I a pro?
  4. TheWilder

TheWilder New Member

no.
    Pro's have 85, you are Japanese now
  5. daztora

daztora New Member

Lost a whole rank after one game where I did decently.

I now dub this rating Troll Star Rating.

Daz,
  6. L-Spiro

L-Spiro New Member

Having a star rating above 3 basically meant that I would be forced to play on a 300 ping because all of the closer servers disallowed me.

So I developed a playing style such that I would walk away with basically a 1-1 ratio of kills and deaths.
    Still playing to win. Still getting the most money at the end, killing turrets, being useful.

But I would occasionally bum-rush the enemy on suicide runs. I would take out some bots, hopefully some Pros, and if nothing got me before I retreated I would die. At least after doing some damage.

But with the new rating system my rating has just gone up and up no matter what I try.
    Now I am finding it very hard to play on any servers, and much harder to push my rating down.

This is why I have not posted in a while (and also not played in a while).

5 stars is crap. I hate it, and it has very literally pushed my hand as far as retirement from the game goes.

L. Spiro
  7. DelBoy

DelBoy New Member

You'll lose a whole rank just by joining a match that's just ended with your team losing. :lol:

In pubs, I don't give ranks much of a hoot since they're never consistent. But you know you're in hot water when you end up in a team full of nothing but 2.x's, that's for sure.

And Spiro, can't you just join a match, and then promptly leave afterwards to drag that rating down? Downplaying your style is more a self inflicted punishment than anything.
  8. Skull Man

Skull Man New Member

This is, like, super-emo.
    Just join a random, empty server + kill yourself a few times + quit = problem solved
  9. L-Spiro

L-Spiro New Member

I am pretty far from emo.

And no, it doesnt work.
    Not only have I joined games seconds before losing, I have also crashed just before a loss which appears to everyone else to be a rage quit.

I have not lost any significant amount from either of these cases, and it is not worth my time to go into an empty server and jump off a cliff 20 times until the game is over.
    Yes, this will bring my rating down to where I can play on normal servers, but did you forget that as soon as I play on a normal server my rating just goes right back up to 5.X stars?

So, for every game I want to play, I must first spent 15 minutes jumping off a cliff?
    Plus, once I have done that, the server I wanted to join in the first place may become empty.
    So not only do I have to repeat this each time I want to join a server, there is not even a guarantee that I will get a good game after I have done it.

I would rather just find a new game to play.

I guess I am just lucky, since right now it is pretty easy to forget about games altogether, since I have to put together a demo for Square Enix showing IK animations, rigid-body physics (done!) and rag-doll physics. I am quite content working on the demo so I dont actually need to play any games for now, but when the demo is done, well, it will be time to move on. * Uber Entertainment wont change their rating system just for me.

L. Spiro

* Although I represent the entire population of Asia. There is not a single Asian country with a large selection of servers.
  10. Xalerwons

Xalerwons New Member

L Spiro
  11. L-Spiro

L-Spiro New Member

** WARNING **
    People with low reading comprehension should move on. This post appears to have some whine in it but it is really just a description.

I dont get all the drama.
    Why is there such a fuss about this?

Firstly, I am 100% reasonable. You dont live in Japan. When I get off work, people in America are going to work and people in Europe are already at work.
    Already my choices are limited by the small number of people playing.

Among the few servers with people on them, only a few are going to ping under 200 to me.

Among those servers with players, some will have too many players. Did you forget that 12 is the limit on most servers?

Now, among those, only a few allow 5-star ratings.

If you dont know what it is like to have only 1 good game appearing every 5 hours, dont comment.

Secondly, if I want to move on, that is my business.

Thirdly, this forum is exactly why I want to move on.
    I have dealt with 300-ping games before.
    I have spent time to get my rating below 3 stars so I can play on local servers.
    But I am tired of the assholes.
    Even though I have yet to be wrong (yes Vlane, the Assassin bug did happen on every map (I have shots to prove it) and it WAS a shader bug) and have been completely friendly to everyone (until attacked without provoke by Killien), all I get in return are flames, just as you have once again done, and certainly without apology.

I run a few forums and a few llamas are not going to scare me off, but it is not just the forum. The in-game attitudes are even worse.

My very first post here was about developing a community. A friendly environment for the players of this game.
    From my perspective, each person here is a potential friend because it is certain that we each have at least one thing in common: Monday Night Combat. And beyond that, we all probably enjoy games in general. We probably all like Scott Pilgrim vs. the World, Kill Bill, and a few other movies too.
    If most of us met we would all get along well, most likely.

But when it comes to your online attitudes, well, lets just put it this way.
    You are all clearly too tough for me, and I am not welcome here.
    Every post I make results in a flame.
    Every game I play results in people telling me I suck (no, literally, did you forum-goers set this up? Because spiro sucks appears after literally every game with complete strangers).

It is really hilarious because I made games they played before, and now I have to listen to their **** after every game.

#1: I can barely find a decent server on which to play alone.
    #2: Let alone one where I can play with my European friend where we both ping reasonably.
    #3: Although he and I can play other games just fine and with exactly the same ping.
    #4: And without being told we suck after every game.
    #5: And without idiotic flames after every post on the forums.

You tell me why I should not move on.
    Or does it just make you e-cool to quote someone and change it to make him or her look like a whiner?

L. Spiro

[EDIT]
    Wow. I just tried to play a game and there is not even a single server I can play unless I am willing to play alone for 15-20 minutes.
    #1: The first server with players on it at all has a 146 ping and 5 stars, but is full.
    #2: Next server with players has a 183 ping. It is both full AND only 3 stars.
    #3: Next is 199. 5 stars, but full.
    #4: Every server after has 12 players, 3-5 stars, and increasing ping.

There is literally not a single server I can join with players already on it, regardless of ping.

Wah wah wah I am forced to quit?
    No ****, Sherlock.
    [/EDIT]
  12. Espiodude2

Espiodude2 New Member

Okay then, you're uber pro and should start a freaking charity or something, then you can host a server. Not to be mean, but Jesus Christ you're over-exaggerating, by a large margin.
  13. L-Spiro

L-Spiro New Member

No, Im not.
    Read my edit.

I literally cannot play unless I am willing to sit around for an indefinite amount of time waiting for people to join.

I just tried to play and this is prime time for America.

Like I said.
    If you dont live in Asia, you probably cant make any worthwhile rebuttal.

And I dont really care.
    I was sticking around mainly for the forum community, and it turned to ****.

Why so much drama people?

L. Spiro

PS: I already host servers for other games and with my 100 mbits up/down home connection I can surely host from my home too.
    But how would that solve my problem? There are already servers in Japan that people only join during a small period of time, and if I hosted another American server I would not ping well to it myself, nor would there be any reason it would do me any better than any of the existing American servers.
    Last edited: May 2, 2011
  14. Espiodude2

Espiodude2 New Member

You're the one making the drama, and over-exaggerating everything.
  15. L-Spiro

L-Spiro New Member

No, actually, this is very simple.

Due to a set of reasonable circumstances, outlined above, I am leaving the game/forums.
    Again. Where is the drama?
    Christ people.

L. Spiro
  16. MLGIntervention

MLGIntervention Active Member

I didn't read that. I wish i could type that much and not fall over.
  17. Xalerwons

Xalerwons New Member

L Spiro
  18. L-Spiro

L-Spiro New Member

Yeah Xalerwons, you are so e-cool.

Especially your edit.

L. Spiro
  19. Vlane

Vlane New Member

LESS DRAMA MORE HAVING FUN, YOU GIRLIE MEN!

We just had the time of our life playing sumo.
  20. killien

killien Active Member

Feh, winning/losing doesn't matter.
    I've joined the arse end of a game, hardly got a chance to do anything before my team won and I still went down a hefty chunk