Welcome to the new forums

Discussion in 'Uber Entertainment Discussion' started by LennardF1989, August 14, 2013.

1. bmb

bmb Well-Known Member

So why did my name disappear? It's been really a thing with these kickstarter projects that they offer up name selection for the early bird.
    And then, me thinking that's that name secured for time and eternity, after a few months they just throw all my account information away in some needless overhaul.
    I'd like my name back, but failing that I can't even get your capitalization fix working. It resets itself.
  2. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

The display of names in the forums is kinda bugged I think.
    In game it should show the name you have set as display name in your profile here:
    https://store.uberent.com/Account/MyAccount
    That name is not unique and never was though.
  3. garat

garat Cat Herder Uber Alumni

Are you talking about our forums? For a number of reasons, your account name is the only thing that shows up here. Unlike our old phpBB forums, which had an exploit to allow for unusual names, Zenforo doesn't allow that (and even on phpBB, we hadn't allowed it for a long time).

No account information should have been thrown away. If you feel like something got lost that shouldn't have, please contact us at support@uberent.com.
  4. EurypteriD

EurypteriD New Member

My Username have changed not my display name.

And would like to have it updated :)
  5. garat

garat Cat Herder Uber Alumni

Display Names only change in game. User names, which are used for login and for our forums, cannot be changed.
  6. abumohd

abumohd New Member

hello, this is my second try posting, the first failed with this error:
    "You are not allowed to use more than 0 link(s) in your post as a new user"
    though my post have no links!
  7. Raevn

Raevn Moderator Alumni

To combat spam and advertising; new accounts are not initially able to post links. After you have made a few posts/comments though, this restriction will be lifted.
  8. abumohd

abumohd New Member

My reply contains no links at all. It was a simple text reply giving my thought on the OP subject matter.
    So why then did I get that error?
    EDIT: never mind, I found why. there was a link due to copy pasting.
    Last edited: March 14, 2014
  9. Raevn

Raevn Moderator Alumni

Did you try and quote the OP (by using the Reply button under the post, for example)? This would have included the content of that post in yours, which includes a link.
  10. commanderrage77

commanderrage77 Member

the forum is good but you guy's should check out these forums because there great
    kaiju combat forums :p