Welcome to Planetary Annihilation!

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by scathis, August 15, 2012.

1. planetarynoobilation

planetarynoobilation New Member

Hello everyone, another guy who was pulled in by the amazing trailer and the ideas on the kickstarter, I have played since TA up till Supreme Commander 2 so obviously this game is of great interest to me :D
  2. ioulian

ioulian New Member

Good luck, idea is looking cool.
  3. efflixi

efflixi New Member

Here's to an awesome game!
  4. voodoomaster

voodoomaster Member

5. dirtnap86

dirtnap86 New Member

Wewt now I can blow up planets...all of my yes.

~S~ DirtNap
    2nd BN CO 1st Robinson Rangers
  6. mavwolf

mavwolf New Member

I am very happy to be a backer to this great idea. Goodluck Game Devs :). I'm sure it will come out great.
  7. garat

garat Cat Herder Uber Alumni

Hey all,

Just introducing myself, because you'll probably see me around the forums more. And if you've sent email to the PA kickstarter support email, there's a good chance I was the one helping. :)

I recently started working with the Uber crew, helping on all sorts of general production issues, and I worked with a lot of these fine folks back at Gas Powered Games. I come from a design background with some engineering knowledge, and I've been a producer for the last 8 years.

At any rate, look forward to chatting with you all, and helping to keep the forums a nice place to hangout.

Cheers all,
    Marc a.k.a. "Garat" (NW is just for Northwest, if it wasn't obvious ;)
  8. doud

doud Well-Known Member

Hi Garat, welcome !
    I would appreciate if at some point you could make a long post in order to give us a global picture of what a game producer job is. I mean i guess for most of us this is something which is not very clear. It's obvious making a game isn't just about coding. There's lots of stuff being done in background in order to make sure everything runs smoothly. This PA new adventure is, i think, the best opportunity to explain to all bakers how a game development studio is working, and who is doing what.
    Hope to read you soon :)
  9. thefreemon

thefreemon Member

Woohoo!!! I finally found the time to say Hi to everyone! We're here to witness the creation of the 2013 GOTY. Another landmark of the RTS genre is in the making! :D
  10. theonetain

theonetain New Member

Hi There! (ticker tape, ticker tape, ticker tape...),

SHADUS TAIN here...I'd like to say hello to the community and thank you to Uber for letting me be part of it. As far as computer games go i've been playing them since the old Apple ][ days (anyone else remember Choplifter, Hard Hat Mack, Rescue Raiders, or Ultima III ?). I was scanning through the game projects on Kickstarter, seeing if there was anything interesting when I came across Planetary Annihilation. "Another RTS?" I though, but something said to look into it. So reading through the project page, researching through the various projects the team members have worked on, and after viewing the demo reel I thought to myself, "This has serious potential to become the next big thing." How much of a big thing?...enough for me to plunk down $230 of my limited budget at the $100 pledge level for bonuses and addons. Uber has set the bar pretty high for themselves, and it looks like they're in the mood to break some records. Good Gaming people! :cool:

SHADUS TAIN
  11. paulzeke

paulzeke Member

Guess I should properly introduce myself..

I'm Zeke, huge RTS fan and really stoked for what PA is shaping up to be. This is my dream game. It's really exciting to see how many brilliant and talented people are in this community :D it's going to be a wild ride to release, and post release I'm looking forward to taking part in the mod community

if anyone has any ideas for mods and needs an animator, shoot me a PM. I've been animating in a TV studio for 3 years and am really fast, so doing video game cycles won't take me long. I'd also like to do some fan videos (machinima style or using XSI or MAYA) or mod vids in the future. I'm looking to talk to any people with Modding experience, especially on the code side. Maybe I could help people make update vids demoing the alpha and beta builds? Either way I can't wait to help test the game.
  12. neutrino

neutrino low mass particle Uber Employee

Welcome to everyone who is joining us over time. I'm really trying to participate and push the rest of the team to participate so we can have a vibrant community during development.
  13. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

Awesome neutrino.
    Just make sure that developing the game has the highest priority. We all can't wait to play PA ^^
  14. hellnico

hellnico New Member

Hi everyone, Nico there !
    I'm a french gamer (which explain my low english skill), I follow that project since the early day of the kickstarter, and I just want to tell once again to all the Uber team how much I believe on this game and on them.
    Let's make it AWESOME !
  15. MrTBSC

MrTBSC Post Master General

finalized my pledge today ...
    wish you guys the best of luck with your work
    and i eager will wait for the final game to come out...
    <<<< the excitement is very strong in this one
  16. neutrino

I suppose like anything else if we did less forum posting we could get more work done. Debugging stuff right now...
  17. svip

svip Member

Surely you forum post when code is compiling, right?
  18. neutrino

A full compile takes only a few seconds (we are kind of hardcore about dependencies).

What does take some time is generating planets.

But the point stands, I intersperse the internet and work at the same time.
  19. supremevoid

supremevoid Member

Thats what i call real multitasking.
  20. tomcatha

tomcatha New Member

Hello im tomcat ha.
    Maybe a few of you know me from tauniverse or some other TA community or even some other place.

As you can see im a total annihilation fanboy and thats why im here. I pledged up and all.

how about sum irc?