Welcome to Planetary Annihilation!

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by scathis, August 15, 2012.

1. galaxy366

galaxy366 Member

Source: Kickstarter FAQ

We intend on supporting many languages. English, French, Italian, German and Spanish have been announced for sure.

You can now live a happy life ^^!
  2. stormseeker

stormseeker New Member

Congratulations on blowing the 5hit out of your aimed target on kickstater.

You appear to be a bunch of really relaxed people. On of the reasons I pledged was that, in your video, you didn't seem to take yourselves too seriously. I hope the same sense of humour goes into the development/documentary videos.

I have no idea how the games industry works, and am not going to pretend to know anything about it. I just like/love playing some games.
    I am really looking forward to seeing more videos/interviews and eventually, playing the game!
  3. svip

svip Member

Your whale avatar tells me you want Dutch as well.
  4. thapear

thapear Member

I have rarely met a dutch person who preferred playing their games in dutch. (I'm dutch, and I hate dutch software)
  5. Pave

Pave Active Member

People often forget that languages are like personalities. And "personalities" occasionally don't translate too well into different languages, especially when it comes to vocals.
    This is coming from a multilingual-person/polyglot.
  6. nlspeed911

nlspeed911 Member

I - and everyone I know - hate games and movies in Duch. I want everything in English.

Really, the only thing I've ever found that's better in Dutch than in English is Asterix & Obelix. Literally everything else I have encountered (from movies to books to games to whatever else you can think of) is better in English.
  7. nrfive

nrfive New Member

Give me french for that ;)

/me waves at fellow dutch men

Hi everyone btw :)

We got this shizzle kickstarteredered!

// Nr|Five
  8. acey195

acey195 Member

Yay Dutch Gathering!

@ thapear
    Which school are you studying at?
    Last edited: September 15, 2012
  9. nlspeed911

nlspeed911 Member

Oh, I agree; Asterix & Obelix is even better in French. It's like French > Dutch > English; the only thing I've ever found where Dutch is better than English.

*waves back to everyone :p*

EDIT: Should you care, I go to the Hogeschool Rotterdam
  10. galaxy366

galaxy366 Member

Lol my wale?

I just found that on the internet :lol: I play all my games in english :mrgreen:
  11. nlspeed911

nlspeed911 Member

How does the whale even signify you're Dutch? I don't get it - and I'm Dutch myself. :p
  12. thapear

thapear Member

I don't get it either. :p
  13. sturm532

sturm532 Member

the Whale is (WARNING bad spelling) courios indeed

I was thinking of Moby **** and the white whale, maybe a character with a dutch sounding name in that story or a dutch character :D
  14. Sylenall

Sylenall Member

So hey, does anyone know when we will be getting our reward emails?
  15. klewis5

klewis5 Member

16. Sylenall

Sylenall Member

Thanks.

LOVE Advance wars btw. Wish they'd make a new one already.
  17. resinsmoker

resinsmoker New Member

Just created an account and thought I'd at least say hello....

Resin
  18. aterons

aterons New Member

Just backed this project "last minute kinda and I can't believe I didn't hear about this til recently.

As someone who spend the last 2 year playing sc2 like mad I was very glad to find out there's finally a new RTS hitting the market that is not putting forward its name as a "reason you must buy" but rather the very interesting mechanics.

I also love that the game seems to be much more multi tasking and strategy based rather than micro and meta game based, tho I guess that is just something that happens to every blizzard game since they are played so much and people figure **** out so fast :/

Looking forward to play/test the **** out of the beta.
  19. LordQ

LordQ Active Member

Hey everybody, I'm polarstar from Sup Com Universe and Qstar111 from GPG forums. Jumped onto this boat as soon as I saw THAT mindblowing trailer. I don't have a credit card, but I'll probably give money to my friend so he can pay for me. Call me Q.
  20. iampetard

iampetard Active Member

Greetings everyone! I cannot wait for this game to come out, after the horrific disaster of SupCom2 I just kept lurking over the RTS genre and waiting for the next sequel hoping it will be similar to Total Annihilation(first game I EVER played) and this is wonderful.

I hope the community around this game will get bigger and bigger as the release date approaches, would be great to spend my days playing it with people all over the world :D