Welcome to Planetary Annihilation!

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by scathis, August 15, 2012.

1. iammclovin117

iammclovin117 Active Member

This, but hey...

Until i see REAL gameplay, I won't fund it..
    People scam (Trope V.S Women, Tim Shafer [AKA 3.3 Blunder]) on Kickstarter.

Not saying uber will scam us, but look at there update history.
  2. infinitycanvas

infinitycanvas Well-Known Member

Nearly every single week for almost a year. What am I suppose to be looking at again?
  3. raptorbones

raptorbones New Member

He's talking about Xbox MNC, you know the one where if you want to patch you have to pay copious amounts of money to do it.

Almost 240k.
  4. infinitycanvas

Yeah I know.
  5. teapot

teapot Post Master General

240k? are you adding up the patches that you guys recieved or something? It's only 40k so I assume that 2 was thrown in there by accident.

Infinity, how bout you look at the way they handled the situation? I honestly don't care anymore but unless you're ingorant of the situation I'm sure you can agree that it was somewhat irresponsible.

Probably one of my favorite threads on this forums from before I played was this guy from over 2 years ago, before PC had a forum. He said he was worried about them bringing MNC to PC because it would split the amount of time the Dev's could work on 360. He said that the developers would realize that it's a lot easier to work with PC and would slowly focus more and more on that. Eventually they would drop console all together after giving us one update instead of all the others they talked about.

Everyone in that thread flamed the hell out of that guy telling him he didn't know ****. Even Jessup was telling him he was crazy and literally everyone laughed at him for such a wild idea...

we're getting way off topic, but regardless of what happened I thought it was funny that some guy called it a month or two after the release :lol:
  6. iammclovin117

From here out, we're going to continue to work on new content for MNC.
  7. raptorbones

raptorbones New Member

I'll point out the 240k was the amount the kickstarter got, not how much the patches would cost. It was worded badly on my part. My bad.
  8. teapot

Oh no problem yeah It confued me a bit.

In regards to what Mclovin and I are talking about, these two situations seem to be different (although are slightly similar in theory).

We're not saying this going to happen again, but let's just not rule out that they won't abandon SMNC just because they say they won't.

I still play MNC so this doesn't matter, but I might as well be "that guy"
  9. brucep

brucep New Member

Hi folks. Just joined the forum. I'll have an avatar as soon as I can figure out how to upload one. lol
  10. infinitycanvas

Can't right now, because of a forum error a little bit ago. You can see its legacy in many people's sigs.
  11. brucep

brucep New Member

Ah, that explains that. Thanks. :)
  12. DeadStretch

DeadStretch Post Master General

Holy ****! Get over it. Are you still really "butthurt" over the whole 360 deal? For fucks sake, **** happens. You act like Uber is the only development team to ever do what they did. Live an learn my friend. it's like the thousand times they explained it before you didn't even care to see what it really meant.

Also nice way to be dicks for the fucks of it but the guys working on PA are basically employees of Uber and didn't really communicate with the playersbase, in fact I believe the main devs is Uber "Tech Guy" "An Art Guy" and "The Music Guru. So yeah way to trash talk something you didn't read in to.

Btw XBox got 2 patches and 1 FREE DLC. ;)
  13. teapot

for **** sakes deadstretch how do I know you're gonna be the one to be most upset for me just MENTIONING THE PAST.

Did you read any of my other posts? I acknowledged the fact that it's not uber's new project and that it's a different situation. I've stated time and time again different dev's who had similar issues on arcade games. I understand what needs to happen for a patch.

You talk about me not "getting it"? It's so ironic because you never understood what I was saying and just prance around saying lol you're still butthurt? Don't respond to me if you're not even on the same page :lol: I never demanded them to change their minds and give us a patch, I only criticized the how the situation was handled. No matter how many times I tell you that you choose to block that out.

Should I not mention the facts or the past? Is it that taboo that I bring up something that can very well compare to what is happening now? Are you that connected to uber from your mod days that you think what I write is a personal attack?

at least as long as I know I mention what happened, you'll be there to respond.
  14. DeadStretch

DeadStretch Post Master General

It just seems like whenever you, or any original 360 player, get the chance you throw it back in their faces. Yes, they didn't handle it the best, so what. They learned.
  15. zordon

zordon Member

Wouldn't this be better discussed elsewhere on the forum?
  16. BulletMagnet

BulletMagnet Post Master General

[​IMG]
  17. Paceydre

Paceydre New Member

This is good news :D

Ow, and hello to everyone from the SupCom modding scene ;)
  18. hostileparadox

hostileparadox Well-Known Member

Linux support was just announced, cool. Now PA can one day be in the humble indie bundle. :)

Stupid question:

Shouldn't the first/all stretch goals be revealed so it gets people fired up and donating?
    Seems like a lot of comments are whining about:

I won't contribute until blah blah blah, which is probably a stretch goal anyway.
  19. felipec

felipec Active Member

The kickstart video blew my mind. This is the type of RTS I always wanted.
    Good luck with the development! =)
  20. iammclovin117

No they didn't.