Weird textures on Macbook Pro with Intel HD 3000

Discussion in 'Mac and Linux' started by smasher1001, March 3, 2014.

1. smasher1001

smasher1001 New Member

Hi,

I just got the game and it looks really cool, great game idea, gg to the devs. I really hope it will work fine and all on my computer when the game in completely done.

Speaking of computers I have a Macbook pro 13 inch with an i5, Intel HD 3000 and 4gb of ram. The game runs with ok framrate all on low (shadows on low not off) with resolution scale at 100%, it has very decent framerate with resolution scale at 75%. However on the majority of the planet the textures are going from a dark square (it's all squares) to mid dark and funky gradients to correct color and lighting. It's really strange and I hope it's just a glitch and not some kind of artefact indicating my chip might be over heating. It doesn't seem like it, the game boots fast (except the first time it took forever and bugged massively, the skybox was a patchwork of my safari window in the back oO), and the game runs with more than ok frame rates on 75% so I don't get it.

Screen Shot 2014-03-04 at 00.05.03.png

Sorry for the wall of text, I hope someone can suggest something or at least reassure me it's not my chip burning. I can run other games with no problem, and no artefact, even heavy games like Bioshock Infinite. Also artefacts should be weird perspective lines and stuff. I have similar stuff in this game as in Path of Exile though, hope it's a common bug.

Thanks for the help.

Cheers.
  2. SXX

SXX Post Master General

Nope it's not related to heat. Actually something like that not only happen on OS X, but it's just indicate some texture generation problem.

Can you please check PA process memory when you see that? Also can you toggle performance monitor (on Linux/Windows it's Ctrl+P) and post here screenshot with video memory usage?
  3. smasher1001

smasher1001 New Member

Hi thanks for your help and your good news regarding the heat. I will do the tests tomorrow as I should really go to bed now (working early sucks). However I don't know how I can have a Performance Monitor, I recently came back from a life long break and haven't figured out everything yet. Thanks !
  4. smasher1001

smasher1001 New Member

Thanks for your help, I really appreciate it. I also think it could run quite nicely on an Intel HD 3000, without this bug it's fine.

So I tried running the game again and of course this time it didn't do it lol. I will monitor it next time it happens and post the results ! Thanks again.
    SXX likes this.