1. racquemis

racquemis New Member

These issues are known to uberent but they won't be fixed soon. The unreal JSON handling has been rewritten by them to fix this. but they are still working on the updated engine so anything can change. so it wont hit until their done and it could take a while.
    It not known how the webadmin will change so it could be possible that scripts already written will need to be rewritten when that update hits.

I have worked around these issues myself both in php and javascript. it is not that difficult except for the chathistory, after a while the chathistory gets malformed (missing {'s) it can be tricky to fix yourself. but i found a easy way to deal with it. so if you ever run into trouble with that let me know.
  2. courgette

courgette New Member

Thank you for that info. I'll wait for the update before starting working on this (BF3 will be a priority soon)
  3. Vaynen

Vaynen New Member

Two things I have noticed using the WebAdmin API.

First, when I use the KickBan command, a player is banned.
    I can see that the ID is added to the HostileAccess.ini file.
    When later on the Unban command is used, the player is allowed to join the server, but only for the session; i.e. the ID stays in the HostileAccess.ini file, so if the player leaves the server and then tries to join again the player is once again banned.

Secondly, it seems the player names are properly escaped in the ChatHistory and PlayerDetails command results, but not in the PlayerList command result.
    I've only noticed this because I one time saw a player with a double quote in his Steam name and suddenly my JavaScript failed to process the JSONP callback.

Not major issues mind you, the player name is easily solved using a PHP proxy and some reformatting of the JSON. And the ban option isn't something you'd use lightly, so if someone becomes perma-banned it's not the end of the world. And you can always remove the line from the ini file and restart the server just to make sure the list is cleaned up again.
  4. racquemis

racquemis New Member

These are all known issues :), the bad escaping happened because of another bug i reported to Bob, he hurried the fix to be including in a patch that was about to be released and made a mistake. but it's already rewritten now if i' m not mistaken. it won't be fixed for the current MNC build. but i expect it would work flawlessly in SMNC IF it supports dedicated servers.

also another time to note, the chathistory will get broken after a while. it will begin to include all previous messages in a single entry. you will need to strip away all the parenthasis and readd the them aswell as filter duplicate messages to clean things up
  5. Vaynen

Vaynen New Member

I've been putting quite a bit of time into getting a web admin tool up and working. Despite some quirks in the web admin API, I believe the tool is pretty stable now and this is why I hope some people will help me test it more.

The current stage of development is a beta stage, as I am not sure it is truly stable enough for a proper release. What are the risks in testing? Well, there is a remote chance your server could end up in a deadlock-like state. In this case you will have to kill the server and re-start it. That's the worst that can happen, really.

Obviously, this should no longer occur, but to be certain of this, the tool will have to be tested properly. I have a hosted version running on http://detiege.nl/mnc/

But for anyone interested in a downloadable package, I also have a repository on github:
    https://github.com/Vaynen/MNC-Dedicated-Server-Web-Admin

More details on the tool can be found in the readme:
    https://github.com/Vaynen/MNC-Dedicated-Server-Web-Admin/blob/master/source/readme.txt

A big thank you in advance for anyone helping me test the tool. Any and all feedback is appreciated!