Weakest Link Tourney (3 v 3)

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by cdrkf, June 18, 2014.

1. burntcustard

burntcustard Post Master General

The Realm will be entering at least one team in this (haven't looked at the teams yet, some from the Realm may have entered already), with me leading one of them. We'll get it together over the next few days and sign up.
    cdrkf likes this.
  2. Quitch

Quitch Post Master General

And eXodus falls at the first hurdle. Sign-ups. Damn American holidays... :p
    elodea likes this.
  3. cdrkf

cdrkf Post Master General

Ok guys, 3 places left- get those teams signed up!
  4. cdrkf

PS: I think UBER should enter a team... would be interesting to see them working together in a game haha!
    tatsujb, Murcanic and cptconundrum like this.
  5. Quitch

Quitch Post Master General

I think Uber are going to enter a patch instead, for the lulz :)
    trialq, cdrkf and cwarner7264 like this.
  6. cptconundrum

cptconundrum Post Master General

I moved the Promethean server over to public on System Sharing. The tournament organizers have already added their Weakest Link systems to it. You will all need to update your System Sharing to the latest version and use the Promethean server to get your systems.
  7. cdrkf

Just a FYI for people: We weren't going to release the official maps until the day, however due to a number of reasons it was safer to get them done now.

Please note that a couple of the maps we're still in the process of tweaking so these may get adjusted before Saturday however the basic set-up is correct. Thanks to cptconundrum for his assistance with getting these onto map sharing for me!

Edit: We have play-tested all these maps a few times and not found any major issues, however we have noted that in the latest build the maps show up slightly differently (we believe Uber have made some adjustments to terrain feature generation?)... Feel free to give feedback on the maps if you find any problems relating to spawns (note I'm not going to change the format of the systems at this point- i.e. 1 planet, 2 planets, single or multi spawns, however if an individual planet has very poor spawns or other game braking features let me know).
  8. zombiefan564

zombiefan564 Member

I'm sorry but NOVA can't be there, one of the members of our team has been running into issues with the game with the last patch. And I've found out that I need to go somewhere for the weekend so sadly we won't be able to attend the tourney, but good luck to everyone else who is still in.
  9. cdrkf

Sorry you guys can't make it :(
  10. Clopse

Clopse Post Master General

I will be able to sub for a team if needed/wanted.
    Murcanic likes this.
  11. Murcanic

Murcanic Well-Known Member

Dibs for the M team. just a... become M clopse or in other terms Maximum Clopse :)
  12. cdrkf

I thought you guys already have 3 members?
  13. cdrkf

I'm sure there are quite a few teams who'd be happy to have you sub, although of course you could enter your own team perhaps?
  14. Murcanic

Murcanic Well-Known Member

thus why he is a sub :p
  15. wpmarshall

wpmarshall Planetary Moderator

Just gonna say - the number and type of bugs present atm is going to make this tourney REALLY difficult to play - constant UI breaks, no pings etc :p
  16. cdrkf

Yeah, although there are some pluses to this build- the performance is way up (for me at least) and things like the new icons make things easier to read :)

The other thing is it's possible Uber might get a bug fix patch out today to correct some of the issues (they're usually pretty quick after a major update) so here's hoping!
  17. cwarner7264

cwarner7264 Moderator Alumni

Someone hasn't checked the date today ;) (hint: think Will Smith and Jeff Goldblum)
    trialq likes this.
  18. cdrkf

Lol yeah, oops! Well we'll manage I'm sure!
  19. wondible

wondible Post Master General

Actually didn't notice the question originally. Day looks open, but it may be a little late to form a team. I could be a sub; a bad player is probably better than no player ;^)
    cdrkf likes this.
  20. cdrkf

You could team up with Clopse....