Weakest Link Tourney (3 v 3)

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by cdrkf, June 18, 2014.

1. cdrkf

cdrkf Post Master General

Hmm I didn't know that- I doubt having the eco information would be that helpful other than an idea of who's ahead (but then the team that's just lost a player is likely behind anyway). Are there any options that need to be set for this or is this now default for non shared teams?
  2. cdrkf

Well I can't add a pole on this thread. Host up another thread on it and open up a pole for *this tourney*. If we get a definitive "we want shared teams" then I'll change it. However I personally think non-shared might be better than you think and quite a few people are interested in an 'old-skool' 3 v 3 tourney.
  3. cdrkf

Sure! No problem having more casters. Let me know for definite and I'll get you added onto the list in the OP.
  4. wondible

wondible Post Master General

I don't believes so. Meta's game was dynamic alliances. I started up a 2v1 with AI and deleted my com, I didn't change anything else.
    cdrkf likes this.
  5. cdrkf

Great thanks! Sounds like it won't really be a problem then. I guess a gentlemen rule to not give anything away to team-mates is enough. Without vision they can't give them anything that critical.

Are you planning on entering this one Wondible?
  6. tatsujb

tatsujb Post Master General

the icon for someone who is spectating and someone who is disconnected entirely is different in the player list.

correct me if i'm wrong?
  7. cdrkf

Yes so everyone will be able to tell if a dead player is spectating. As wondible pointed out though you can't see the enamys vision and such when spectating after loosing in a team if you're team is still playing- so this might be a non issue anyway?

The only info they could see is the overview of resources, not sure if that's an issue or not?

Another thing I've been thinking about- what to do if one player doesn't turn up?

Maybe if some people want to play but don't have a team they could join as reserves? Or would the team just play as 2 (I don't see an issue with a 2 player team although they'd be at a disadvantage).
  8. tatsujb

backup players?
  9. cdrkf

Yeah that was what I was thinking. We'll see how it goes, my recommendation to anyone who's interested but doesn't have a team is turn up on the day- the chances are pretty high that someone will drop out.

Also if all 8 slots are taken and you have a team to register- go ahead and you'll be down as reserves (again at least one team is likely not to show up). If we get enough teams registered I'm happy to increase the number of slots, nothing is final bracket wise until the day :)
  10. cdrkf

Just noticed the dates your away... You wouldn't happen to be going to spnisphere by any chance?
  11. lapsedpacifist

lapsedpacifist Post Master General

Yep, good guess!
    You're presumably not going unless just for a day...?
  12. cdrkf

Sadly can't afford it this year... Did download last 2 years though. Love metallic live :D and iron maiden, well they opened their set with a spitfire fly by last year :) looks like a good one anyways!
  13. lapsedpacifist

lapsedpacifist Post Master General

They're doing a WW1 flyby this year, should be pretty epic. I've never seen Metallica live so that'll be good and quite a few other good people playing as well. I call it my post exam reward to justify the cost :)
    cdrkf likes this.
  14. jonathanstey

jonathanstey Member

Only 2 of the 8 teams have signed up. Would love it to see more teams.
    cdrkf likes this.
  15. cdrkf

Then get a team together and sign up!

This is an open tourney, we have lots of new players and as it's teams it's a little less intense than 1 v 1 so sign up people :)
  16. tatsujb

I'm still missing a partner!
  17. Murcanic

Murcanic Well-Known Member

*cough* are you guys ready to be crushed by the Triple M's? ^^
  18. cdrkf

19. cdrkf

I thought one of our guys was teaming up with you? I can have a chat to them see if anyone wants in.

To be honest there's nothing to prevent me from playing really so if you're really stuck... (just so long as you don't mind loosing! haha).
  20. wpmarshall

wpmarshall Planetary Moderator

I was getting lots of issues with signing up, the team is up now.
    cdrkf likes this.