We need YOU on the steam forums

Discussion in 'PA: TITANS: General Discussion' started by stuart98, August 19, 2015.

1. stuart98

stuart98 Post Master General

Then who does?
  2. EdWood

EdWood Active Member

Is it that bad? I stopped reading after the first thread which was full of lies.
    stuart98 likes this.
  3. stuart98

stuart98 Post Master General

Yes, it's that bad.
  4. nizoox

nizoox New Member

And why is it? Because ther is nothing from the developers, no statements, nothing... so it is clear that people think they are going to developers a ****
  5. radongog

radongog Well-Known Member

There IS no playerbase that won´t change to Titans.
    Look at how few folks played Vanilla in the last months---that is the diehard playerbase, who understood how well the game has been enhanced -> they know Uber did good work -> they´ll buy Titans in return!
    Those who didn´t try out Vanilla do now ---> they´ll either realize that Uber did good job as well or leave
    Those who are angry course they didn´t receive Titans for free will return in a sale.

Oh, and don´t forget: At least I do seriously believe that the game will get the reviews (->the metascore) it deserves this time---big magazines are on Ubers side and don´t like the raging kiddies as well this time. This will widen playerbase even more.

Seriously, there is nothing to fear---except a too heavy shitstorm for Uber to stand against. But I hope they´ll be resistant!
    stuart98 likes this.
  6. jables

jables Uber Employee

steam mods? not sure who they are.
    stuart98 likes this.
  7. eroticburrito

eroticburrito Post Master General

I had a look inside...

[​IMG]

Some common complaints need to be addressed with stickied posts I think >.<
    cdrkf, radongog and stuart98 like this.
  8. TazyLoad

TazyLoad New Member

Hi guys,

As a steam user who only stumbled across this thread by accident I thought it couldn't hurt for me to at least make my voice heard (or try to). I have seen a few games go through exactly what PA is going through right now and the one thing that seems to do the most lasting damage in the early days is when the developers are disconnected from the Steam part of their player base. I get that it is hard to maintain two communities but during a transition like this there needs to be some form of developer presence on Steam else that section of your customers end up feeling shunned and things very quickly get out of control.

As PA was at the higher end of the early access price spectrum (well worth it in my opinion) there is going to be more fuel on an already hot issue and with other developers using steam in less than respectable ways over the past few years it would do Uber a lot of good in the long run to get out in front of this as soon as they can. I can see why this move was taken by the developers but if I speak frankly, it could have been planned a little better on the Steam side of things. Steam is a great platform imo but it is well known for its users reacting very badly and very quickly when something looks like it might be taking advantage of them. The only times I have seen this end well is when the developers have made an effort to communicate with them and let them know that the choices made were in the interest of the game and not their bank accounts (the discount for existing users is what made this clear to me).

I have to say that it is appreciated (by me at least) that Stuart98 went to the effort to try and head off some of these issues and bravely waded into the fiery belly of the steam forums xD, not many people would so kudos to you sir. PA in my eyes is what the RTS genre has needed for a long time and I personally have used it as an example of a genre moving in the right direction instead of stagnating like I have felt RTS games have been for so long.

I hope this has been of some use and hope to see this situation resolve itself soon.

yours respectfully,

TazyLoad
    ryan375, EdWood, ace63 and 8 others like this.
  9. varothegod

varothegod New Member

10. varothegod

varothegod New Member

11. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

As hard as it is try not to agonize. Don't endlessly argument against their arguments, point out the positive stuff instead and then let it be when they start to argue in circles.

The best way to support the game is by playing it, having fun with it and showing the world how fun it is. Not by arguing with people about a few dollars more or less.

Yeah that is hard and I have wasted waaaay too much time myself with the arguing part ^^
    EdWood, cdrkf, squishypon3 and 3 others like this.
  12. varothegod

varothegod New Member

hahaha it just upsets me that people don't realize the difference between a KS backer and an EA participant
    EdWood, ace63, cdrkf and 2 others like this.
  13. varothegod

varothegod New Member

and if this thread even proves to 1 person the differences between the two parties and they buy the expansion then I am happy im not targeting trolls with it im targeting hurt customers. the trolls will come yes, but I have no munchies for them to snack on lol
    cdrkf likes this.
  14. maskedcrash

maskedcrash Active Member

Thank you. Sanity is running low in these forums.
    EdWood, ace63, cdrkf and 2 others like this.
  15. Nicb1

Nicb1 Post Master General

You have no idea how much of a relief it is to hear from someone reasonable amidst this whole thing.
    ryan375, EdWood, ace63 and 3 others like this.
  16. brandonpotter

brandonpotter Well-Known Member

I tried my hand at trying to calm stuff down on the steam forums, but its hopeless...

I was called many things.... An Employee of Uber, and THAT one got me laughing. lolz. Just becuase I was stating facts, I was the bad guy apparently...

Not my fault I have Jon Mavors email :p
    cdrkf and MrTBSC like this.
  17. badfucatus

badfucatus Active Member

And just as a heads up, this kinda stuff is leaking onto the Facebook page too!?! I must be getting more stupid in my old age, coz I really can't understand what they are moaning about.

It's an expansion.

I kinda remember paying for a few expansions in my time, and will probably pay for another when the next starcraft one comes out (which as far as I know will not be stand alone, and will need the other games).

Anyways, I posted a positive message on the Facebook page, too early in the morning to face the steam forums, I'll do that tonight after work.
    Bsport, cdrkf, squishypon3 and 2 others like this.
  18. lagomorphia

lagomorphia New Member

That thread's not going to persuade anyone. You're not going to make a single Early Access backer (who also paid double or triple for Planetary Annihilation) by putting Kickstarters on a benevolent pedestal and then talking down to Early Access players as somehow lesser. It reads "I am a Kickstarter and I am better than you." That's not persuasive. If anything, this just solidified my stance. I know a Kickstarter backer who paid less than I did who got Titans free. Yes, nowhere in Early Access did it say free expansions, but nowhere on Kickstarter did it say that either (except the crazy high tier stuff).

The only thing that's going to turn those of us that won't buy Titans is a proper explanation from Uber itself. Even an explanation of them not having the data on Early Access buyers to give them free Titans would do. But if they spout any of this "£5 kickstarter > £60 Early Access" nonsense I'm done with them.
    Last edited: August 20, 2015
  19. philoscience

philoscience Post Master General

Yes. Although I do it when I can't take it anymore as a stress relief, arguing negatively with them is only going to reinforce their biases. Just make a post talking about what you love in the game and move on. It's actually quite refreshing because it infuriates the trolls.
  20. xanoxis

xanoxis Active Member

I hate how pointless hate reviews of people that buy game and refund after making review are already taking away 21% from score. Not even one honest bad review is there.