We need YOU on the steam forums

Discussion in 'PA: TITANS: General Discussion' started by stuart98, August 19, 2015.

1. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

for some reason they seem to ignore the positive reviews. Where positive reviews have maybe 10-20 votes, the negative ones reach 2000+ by now.
    cdrkf and stuart98 like this.
  2. philoscience

philoscience Post Master General

Yeah it's pretty frustrating. It's clear there is a very active group of militant anti-uber users who are determined to ruin this company. Which is just insane. I can't believe this minority of negative reviews has 2k plus votes from people who probably don't even own PA yet alone the expansion.

I get it, Uber really made some mistakes in the past. But their a freaking indie dev putting out good work. Not Monsanto or something. I really hope this expansion does well because it sincerely deserves too.
    cdrkf, Remy561, stuart98 and 9 others like this.
  3. cola_colin

Somebody should point the hate brigade at a new target like that.
  4. Bsport

Bsport Well-Known Member

Its been pretty clear for a long time, that this group exists, every time there was a sale boom there'd be there. sale would stop, and they'd disappear.
    cdrkf, stuart98, squishypon3 and 2 others like this.
  5. proeleert

proeleert Post Master General

Oh man I just realised PAT = Planetary Annihilation Titans.
    Man I'm tired need sleep :)
    cdrkf, stuart98, squishypon3 and 3 others like this.
  6. Geers

Geers Post Master General

Uber should change their name to "Literally Monsanto" for teh lulz.
  7. mered4

mered4 Post Master General

Don't forget to score a PAT after your Atlas touchdown stomp....
    stuart98, philoscience and proeleert like this.
  8. Greendolph

Greendolph Active Member

Sorry, had to ^.^

(As someone who has done extensive study into the development of homophilic ideological networks due to the incredible influence of confirmation bias I can see the similarities here are truly scary. This situation is isomorphic to the anti-gmo [and anti-vaccine] movements. Is there a dedicated anti-indie-game movement? :confused:)
    cdrkf, Heizmeister and stuart98 like this.
  9. philoscience

Jesus do not go in there. I just spent 30 minutes reading and i've never seen so much adolescent entitlement and idiocy. These are people who spent more money than they should have on early access and simply cannot accept the fault for their own terrible decision making. They'll never be pleased and arguing with them will likely only strengthen their conviction. There is actually research on this. The best thing to do is to promote the game in neutral areas and let them whine, piss, and moan. I study human behavior for a living and that **** is just depressing. People are stupid. I think Lowtax had it right all along... the internet really is making us stupid(er).
  10. theseeker2

theseeker2 Well-Known Member

seconded
    cdrkf likes this.
  11. crizmess

crizmess Well-Known Member

Do you have some papers about that?
  12. killerkiwijuice

killerkiwijuice Post Master General

Spam the forums with gifs. That always works.
  13. EV4L

EV4L New Member

Yes steam can be volatile but I completely understand why they are getting flak the way things were done on steam. Let me try to be the voice of reason. People are up in arms about:
    • The base game is no longer a product and looks like there is no longer going to be support for the old product. A constant reference is we have to pay to get patches now(or will we even get any?). Whether or not that is true Uber has yet to say anything.
    • The new dlc, is listed as an entire new game. Meaning you have to repurchase the game and the dlc content.
    • The new dlc because its listed as a new game, requires you to redownload most of the files you already have. Which 1) takes up a total of 10gb on hard drive 2) cost people bandwidth usage. For most people it isnt a problem, but for the majority of places that are not Europe or the united states we have data limits.
    • A large portion of the dlc content are fixes/fillouts for content and features that was missing the base game that they said would be eventually delivered.
    I totally get why people are up in arms, and frankly I am too. The poor amount of communication and cash grab style of maneuver looks really unprofessional. Sadly, it has really made me question my faith in uber and it's products.
  14. cola_colin

Lots of misunderstandings there.
    In order:
    • It has already been made clear the base game will continue to get patches. In fact with the titan release it was given a patch that fixed all bugs that titans also fixes.
    • Yes titans is a new game. however if you already own classic it costs as much as an addon and really just is an addon. If you dont own PA than titans is a few € more expensive, but has more content as well
    • The download is a fair point. Though the storage isn't really an issue. Owners of titans can play classic by setting an option in titans. Titans contains classic.
    • A lot of the new content is stuff that before was a clear "never" for PA. It goes beyond what PA aimed to do. Especially super units never were planned to be a part of PA. PA has gotten a lot of updates in the last few month that added a lot of things already.
    cdrkf, Remy561, Quitch and 3 others like this.
  15. EV4L

EV4L New Member

Alright fair enough. Good to hear that the base will still get future patches. I really wish uber would sticky make the response to this issue more visible on steam.

Oddly, I have a 1gb patch qued which I am guessing is titans, if it isnt oh well.

Thanks for taking the time to enlighten and correct me.
    maxcomander, stuart98 and cola_colin like this.
  16. killerkiwijuice

killerkiwijuice Post Master General

These need to be addressed with some kind of PSA because 90% of steam doesn't understand wtf is going on here. There's lots of confusing things to the people who don't browse these forums.

A lot.
    maxcomander, cdrkf and stuart98 like this.
  17. EdWood

EdWood Active Member

I read the steam forum and what some people write there does not make sense, or they do this on purpose. Spreading false information.

Once guy basically claims to have paid $90 during the Kickstarter, had to pay another $20 later to get the game, now to pay again to get Titans... totally weird.
    stuart98 likes this.
  18. philoscience

There is no doubt many of those people are intentional spreading misinformation. It's an agenda, and the agenda is their pissed off and want to abuse someone for it. Truth doesn't play into it. It's just pure egoism.
    cdrkf likes this.
  19. Planktum

Planktum Post Master General

How's the server performance in PA: Titans? Any crashes or slowdown? Are you able to find all your replays or are they still missing too? Why would I want to spend more money on a game which is still broken? And if I don't spend the money then I'm even worse off because the multiplayer base has now been split and there will be even less games in the lobby than before.

It's pretty obvious that the Kickstarter backers would not have been happy if they had to pay for the expansion. Uber knew that PA wasn't considered "complete" in the eyes of their Kickstarters. They offered it free to Kickstarter backers under the guise of "A BIG THANKYOU" for supporting us all this time, but in truth it's because their backers wouldn't have accepted PA as being a finished product. The Kickstarter backers get the game they pledged for, while the others have to pay. Do you really think the devs are going to continue balancing the meta of both versions (yeah right). It hasn't even been a year since the game became "feature complete" and now all balance work and AI improvements will be focused on Titans. Everyone has moved on. No one cares about PA, it's all about Titans now.

You even said yourself that you were about to uninstall PA.
  20. avstah

avstah New Member

This is a pretty offensive statement. It was a terrible decision to support PA by purchasing it at $90 during early access?

While the above does not apply to me, it's sad to see things like it posted.
    aevs likes this.