We need more players! Especially for the 1v1 ladder. What can we do?

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by zihuatanejo, May 28, 2015.

1. tatsujb

tatsujb Post Master General

well it's certainly a step forward from what I'd understood. IMO we can never get enough modding capabilities as it's only a plus.
    cdrkf likes this.
  2. Gorbles

Gorbles Post Master General

My opinion of you is simply of someone who reads the boards semi-frequently. If I were you, I'd probably take some of it on board :p
    stuart98 and cdrkf like this.
  3. Morloc

Morloc New Member

I haunt you!

-The SpirtoftheCampaign(oh, and Shields)
  4. MrTBSC

MrTBSC Post Master General

what the community can do is also simple even though timeconsuming and stressfull ...
    spread the word on social media or reddit f.e., make gameplayvideos, cast games refer to other channels who do this,
    supporting the game, create various tournaments, be it 1v1 classic ellimination or with losersbracketsystem, 2v2 or other teamgames with or without shared eco, FFA´s, clanwars, use of intresting custom created maps ...
    explain why people should watch and/or play and support this game ... ... and most importantly don´t give up when you recieve verbal contra ... or no response at all ... what you want to do is to keep the hypetrain going ...
    Last edited: June 9, 2015
    zihuatanejo likes this.
  5. HUNDAR

HUNDAR New Member

"What the community can do to bring more players"

It seems you all have some nice ideas, coaching, youtube videos , newbie nights and so on.. but we both know that this wont work. Why? Well per se the communty has very little power to change things in the game, and players wont come if the game is not appealing. And i am talking about pure features. Sure you can mod it and god some mods are awesome, but nothing beats the devs work. You know why people wont play this game? Because it gets boring: there is no campaing replayabilty , because its just a stream of skirmish and not an actual war, the unit rooster its dull in the long run , something that factions could solve ( and btw i am not sayng give us more factions, just keep the promise of givin 4 complete factions, not only on lore level); and finally as someone metioned before , the maps have not the depth advertised in the alpha ( sure you can mod it , but the average player who logs in the first time ,aka your target, wont know anything of this). I played 153 hours in the past year of this game , since beta i think. I had enormous hope for pa to become the next ultimate rts. But we need to see the truth guys. If the game was such a great game , people would play it, simple as that. So for the initial question my answer , the answer of one who loved this game and play it for months, is nothing. Someone said that giving the campaing or a new unit rooster is not economically viable, that it needs too much work, and i agree. But desperate times calls for desperate measures , the game is dying guys , and only massive upgrades , massive changes can save the game. And sadly this communty, too small, has not such a power. I am sorry if this will grind some gears , its my personal thought of the state of thing, i dont ask for praise nor for insults. Just wanting to share with you my thoughts.
  6. tenaciousc

tenaciousc Active Member

If someone in the community can get my two year old to go to bed before midnight I will DEFINITELY play more. ;)
    proeleert, cdrkf and zihuatanejo like this.
  7. cdrkf

cdrkf Post Master General

The key is to make said two year old think that you don't want them to go to bed.... Either that or transform the bed into a 'den' with the aid of some well placed sheets :p anything really to increase the desirability of being there...
    tenaciousc likes this.
  8. xanoxis

xanoxis Active Member

We need to use some kind of news for PA to make people try it again. Release big free expansion, release documentary, do something awesome like official 40+ FFA with prize.
    tenaciousc and cdrkf like this.
  9. tenaciousc

tenaciousc Active Member

She's currently in a crib with walls. I think the walls are part of the problem, she doesn't like being confined. The toddler bed arrived the other day, I need to assemble it. I'm hoping the "new" and "different, non confining" bed might make it more attractive. We'll see....
    wilhelmvx and cdrkf like this.