WARGAMING.NET ACQUIRES GAS POWERED GAMES!

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by theseeker2, February 15, 2013.

1. theseeker2

theseeker2 Well-Known Member

YES!
    After the failed WildMan campaign, wargaming bought Gas Powered Games.
    Chris Taylor may work on World of Tanks :)
    -EDIT- They bought the whole damn company just for Chris, I can't wait to see what comes out of this...
    http://worldoftanks.com/news/2037-warga ... red-games/
    -EDIT-2 Of all the companies that could have bought GPG, WARGAMING, of all companies, that shocked me. One possible explanation. On that WoT news page, there is an emphasis on strategic zoom... Wargaming wants to make an RTS the size of SupCom? give me your thoughts. Kings and Castles getting developed anyone? Chris seems to believe it will get developed...
    2013: Biggest RTS year since TA in 1997.
    Last edited: February 15, 2013
  2. syox

syox Member

I wouldnt read that out of there.
  3. theseeker2

That's very descriptive. Define 'that' and 'there'.
  4. dosbag

dosbag Member

I cant shake the feeling CT is having massive issues right now, I wont hold my breathe for anything good to come from this.
  5. theseeker2

The only issue I'm finding is that the Wargaming dev team speaks Russian...
  6. dosbag

dosbag Member

Didn't he just lay off everyone who worked for GPG? SO what is he having them come back now or are they just being replaced.
  7. themindlessone

themindlessone Member

Glad to see that GPG has found some stability at last. Hopefully a K&C announcement wont be too far away.
  8. iljamarkov

iljamarkov New Member

A good place for a good company. Now that they have funding and stability they can start working on Wilmdan asp and after that on Kings and Castles.
  9. lophiaspis

lophiaspis Member

Great news, Wargaming is a very smart and innovative company. GPG's current IPs aren't really interesting to me, so I hope they make some kind of radical F2P MMORTS. Something I might actually want to play.
  10. iljamarkov

iljamarkov New Member

Yes what we really need right now is another End of Nations.
  11. ledarsi

ledarsi Post Master General

Surprising, but now that I think about it, it makes a lot of strategic sense.

I anticipate World of Tanks is just the beginning of an entire WWII theatre long-term project. Which is probably going to be F2P, and like a WWII era Planetside 2. Almost certainly that is what Wargaming's long-term plan is here, based on this acquisition.
  12. lophiaspis

lophiaspis Member

I was thinking something like the Eastern Front simulated down to the individual soldier, with players in every officer position from lieutenants to generals. Of course he'll probably be assigned to the latest World of War**** but hey we can dream.
  13. theseeker2

I'm thinking that since both companies made RTS games, and wargaming beginning to specialize in MMO games, I believe we may indeed see an MMORTS. Galactic war clone, anyone? There seems to be an emphasis on strategic zoom, so wargaming probably has plans for that Mercury project he has. I still have no doubt that Chris new WG was going to buy GPG, which may have been why he seemed certain that Kings and Castles would get finished.
  14. theseeker2

As in the Eastern Front mod for Company of Heroes?
  15. ucsgolan

ucsgolan Member

Glad to hear about it. :D