Wargaming acquired TA IP.

Discussion in 'Unrelated Discussion' started by ucsgolan, July 21, 2013.

1. theseeker2

theseeker2 Well-Known Member

I disagree, a lot.
    wilhelmvx likes this.
  2. Raevn

Raevn Moderator Alumni

This isn't really about PA.
  3. MrTBSC

MrTBSC Post Master General

move to unrelated?
  4. Raevn

Raevn Moderator Alumni

Already done ;) . That was my way of saying "This thread has been moved"
  5. theseeker2

>having a conversation about PA's release state
    >"not about PA"
    lol ok
  6. MrTBSC

op:
    wargaming aquired ta ip .... what about that is about pa again?
    Raevn likes this.
  7. theseeker2

take a good look at the last 2 pages of conversation
    very clearly about pa
  8. Raevn

Raevn Moderator Alumni

Then the last two pages were very clearly off-topic. The thread is "about" what the OP is.

Edit: Maybe not completely off-topic, but they don't change the main topic.
    MrTBSC likes this.
  9. MrTBSC

which were unrelated to the op which is unrelated to pa ... wow ... so even worse ...
  10. theseeker2

in any case, you were a year and a half late to move the thread anyways
  11. MrTBSC

yupp :p
  12. BulletMagnet

BulletMagnet Post Master General

What problem do people have with Gold Ammo?

Is it the principle, or the implementation?
  13. thetrophysystem

thetrophysystem Post Master General

*250 posts in thread*

"This isn't about PA at all."

Okay then, so which is it? Are you:

a) Slow
    b) Spiteful
    c) Bored
    d) All of the Above

Personally, I am thinking D. Because any one of the prior 3 would not in and of itself make me move a thread already 250 posts and 6 months in, to a "death subforum".

Note: Not answering doesn't change the fact that we will proceed to think it is D) All of the Above. Just because we can, without any evidence otherwise *shrugs* I mean you are trying to take this blue pen, out of the group of blue pens, put it into the group of red pens, and tell us to our face that it belongs with the red pens and that is apparent and we are silly for not seeing this. I am squinting REALLY hard, and I feel like I am being told a blunt lie and asked to swallow it and ask for seconds. That pen is NOT getting any red'er just because you are telling me that it is obvious red. It is blue, it looks blue, it's ink looks blue, it is even blue when I squint at it, it isn't almost red, it isn't even close to red, it is miles away from red, there are 4 other colors it could be before it could be red, it could be indigo, it could be green, it could be magenta, but you are telling me it is red.

"Trophysystem, this thread, about the IP of TA, is not about a game based off of TA. I may have used TA twice in that sentence, but that was entirely coincidence, and does not affect it's relation or clear lack thereof."
    Last edited: December 29, 2014
    theseeker2 likes this.
  14. Raevn

Raevn Moderator Alumni

You forgot E) It doesn't matter how long or how many posts, it should still be moved. As for how long it took, I had only just been made a moderator when this thread first showed up.

"Wargaming acquired TA IP" I'm squinting hard too, and I can't find PA in there. The fact that PA is based off TA doesn't make anything talking about TA belong in PA General discussion.
  15. theseeker2

It's controversial, the problem with it used to be that it could only be bought with gold, which you had to get with real money. Then, they changed it so you could buy with credits, the standard ingame currency. What happened was that tanks like the T-54 and the derp Sherman instantly became gods of their tier. Then, they nerfed the HEAT rounds so popular on the Sherman and the T-54, and iirc buffed normalization for AP and APCR. The nerfs, however, weren't really enough, because HEAT round penetration is still ridiculous. Cost balancing doesn't work, even though gold ammo costs a lot of credits, there are a lot of players who have too many credits to care. In short, it takes vehicles that would otherwise have mediocre guns, like E-100 and T-54, and make them very good. It also takes vehicles like said E-100 that would otherwise have an unholy amount of armor and makes that armor less useful.
  16. thetrophysystem

[​IMG]

Y0u do know Uber Entertainment bidded for TA IP and lost, and currently develop a game in the same genre in a competitive market? Even the off topic, as stated by numerous others, was also on topic, the release state of PA.

How can this be off topic. This doesn't even ballpark PA in the slightest? The reason you didn't move it then, was because I don't even think the devs and other moderators would have agreed. It was obviously PA Related News. Now, that at least means "leave it alone for archives sake". Finding and discussing this later when TA2 comes out, will be serverely distressing, and when it comes around, I will ask for you to move this back, because cmon
    [​IMG]
  17. Raevn

Raevn Moderator Alumni

Yes, I'm well aware of that. I wasn't aware that every game that merely shares a genre is eligible to be posted about in a discussion forum specifically for PA, though.

And the release state of PA has nothing to do with the OP of this thread, and is therefore off-topic.

Sorry, I wasn't aware that you know better than I why it wasn't moved at the time :rolleyes:. I'm pretty sure I explained why.
  18. thetrophysystem

Don't care, not listening, I KNOW why it wasn't moved.

And if not FAF, then why this? Whatever. I don't even LIKE backseat moderating. I just also don't like things I cannot understand why were done. What if I added zzle to the end of every word I type in the forums ever? It would be unnecesary, but why not, how could that go wrong?
  19. Raevn

Raevn Moderator Alumni

If you are just going to ignore me (and be quite rude about it, I might add), then there's nothing more to say.
  20. thetrophysystem

Hey, you know I am rude but don't intend to be, we both been here long enough to know that Raevn. I said, I know that was why it wasn't moved, and that I don't care to backseat moderate. So really, no hard feelings, but yes, we are in fact done in this conversation.

By the way, I DO appreciate YOU for MOVING it, more than I WOULD if @cwarner7264 had LOCKED it... So there is a silver lining. ...Thank You?
    theseeker2 likes this.