Wargaming acquired TA IP.

Discussion in 'Unrelated Discussion' started by ucsgolan, July 21, 2013.

1. pivo187

pivo187 Active Member

Is he talking about ta2 or a different game in that interview? CT is the king of building hype so I'd rather wait and see..
  2. theseeker2

theseeker2 Well-Known Member

We may never know...
    If CT is the king of building hype, can we have EA the king of bombing it?
  3. tehtrekd

tehtrekd Post Master General

>inb4 it just leads to "world of mechs"
    Oh who am I kidding? That'd be freaking sweet.
  4. theseeker2

world of peewees
  5. cwarner7264

cwarner7264 Moderator Alumni

Yes.
    stuart98 and squishypon3 like this.
  6. squishypon3

squishypon3 Post Master General

I'd play it.
  7. ufarax

ufarax Active Member

8. cdrkf

cdrkf Post Master General

Yeah I'd be very interested to see what Chris puts out. The more games in the genre the better imo. This is why I never understood the backlash against pa, it's another game in this genre that adds multi planet play to the mix. There definitely room for another interpretation that perhaps focuses more on the unit to unit combat on more traditional maps. The bonus would be I'd have another great ta game to play :)
    EdWood likes this.
  9. g0hstreaper

g0hstreaper Well-Known Member

Yes yes very interesting.....would someone else besides me like to explain to those what we are looking at because since we ALL know what we're looking at we know what it means
  10. cdrkf

Uh? Until something is announced no one knows what 'we're looking at'... CT knows his stuff so there's a good chance he could maybe do something good with the ip, and the existence of PA proves there is still interest in it.

I'm guessing your comment is eluding to the fact world of tanks is f2p? True however that in of itself doesn't dictate that's what they'll do with a hypothetical new and unrelated ip.
  11. g0hstreaper

hahaha simply put I see a bunch of text that I have no idea what it meansXD
  12. cdrkf

Ok, please explain your post? What do we all know?

All I was saying is CT (Chris Taylor) could do something very good with TA, it was after all his game originally. Until there is an announcement of a new game by him and wargaming (the company he works for) we don't 'know' anything.
  13. g0hstreaper

ooooooo gotchaXD
    cdrkf likes this.
  14. doud

doud Well-Known Member

Except that PA came out unfinished and is still in obvious development. Chris Taylor was right to be doubtful. Now don't get me wrong, i'm very happy whith the current active PA development. The only thing is that PA will probably result in 3 full years of development to reach the state any standard gamer was expecting. Chris Taylor was all a little bit concerned by taking the RTS genre to spheres (from a pure gameplay perspective). Many people are happy with spheres gameplay, Many other are not happy. As far as i'm concerned, i consider PA to be very ambitious, probably to much to be able to achieve within 2 years only a solid gameplay at each layer. Interplanetary stuff needs lots of additional polishing, probably a second pass. But the fundations are in place. And Uber Devs have proven their ability to bring lots of new features. I'm especially very impressed about the sphere editor features. It looks like to me the 2 first years were spent to build the engine which is very solid now.
    wilhelmvx, cdrkf and christer1966 like this.
  15. theseeker2

release at 2 years seemed like releasing the game a bit half-baked to me, but that's only my opinion.
  16. perfectdark

perfectdark Active Member

The game was nowehere near ready when it was released! It's not even ready now, but if it were released with a big bang in a state where everybody could jump on it then this game would be awesome. As it is, all of my friends have already lost interest.
  17. wilhelmvx

wilhelmvx Member

Eh we had this discussion more than enough.
    Look at the curret state of the game -now look back to the release version.

See something ? Yes PA atm feels A LOT more polished and complete than at release,
    imagine how much better a release early next year would have been recieved.

Im sure they had their reasons to release the game back then -but lets not fool anybody
    a PA release next year would have changed everything.
  18. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

you'd be surprised how people will always find stuff to complain. As long as Uber pushes further and further and gets people to realize that they do everything is fine really.
    It'll teach people that game can in fact improve after release.
  19. theseeker2

improving after release didn't help supcom2 or simcity 2013
  20. pivo187

pivo187 Active Member

We need more mind blowing rts games. I really hope ct can wow us again like he did with sup com but I wish he would revisit kings and castles. I'm itching for another epic fantasy rts with strat zoom! The genre has hardly gone forward or evolved since ta. supcom has been the biggest step..i don't blame ct there just does not seem to be enough market for these types of games..Just look at starcraft series. Blizzard just updates the gfx adds sum units and it sells millions while ct, uber etc try to push the envelope and hardly have the funds to bring it to completion. pc gaming in general has hardly evolved..
    Matster likes this.