Wacky House Rules private games.

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat 360 General Discussion' started by PlumbumTheEpic, November 14, 2010.

1. sensitivepsycho

sensitivepsycho New Member

Crab salad is a truly powerful weapon. Host advantage is there no matter how slow your connection is. Basically, if you and I grappled at the same time, yours would connect.

That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it
  2. PlumbumTheEpic

PlumbumTheEpic New Member

I know the mechanics of lag (just) and that's why I'm reluctant to host. (That and living in GMT +/- 0 makes it difficult to get everyone to join, because I'll hedge my bets, most people on the forum are American.)
  3. PlumbumTheEpic

Trying to re-boot the thread.
  4. PlumbumTheEpic

Still trying...
  5. Snappyguy

Snappyguy New Member

Use the jumper cables.
  6. PlumbumTheEpic

Or the defibrilator.
  7. Blatant Troll

Blatant Troll New Member

Y'know, with the DLC out and the new Private Match opinions existing, I'm surprised this thread's not getting revived. Which sucks, because we only played one type of game. :|
  8. PlumbumTheEpic

As soon as I find somebody to host, we'll start again.

Getting LIVE Gold back today!
  9. sensitivepsycho

sensitivepsycho New Member

My exams finish on the 20th - my GamerTag is sitting on a hard drive at my mate's house - so I could try hosting from then on. But my connection isn't up to much.
  10. PlumbumTheEpic

I got a break. I'm staying at a relative's who doesn't limit my time on the Xbox.

I can host one more game before this idea goes down in a blaze of glory (or this bit fails spectacularly. Either way it'll be fun...)

I will try and rope in Krafty Magician (those of you who were here last time may know him as Mr. Crab Salad.) and anyone else online.

I will run from approx. 20:00-??:?? Saturday 18th December/ Sunday 19th December.

I will clear the admissions list and start it again on a meet-by-meet basis. I will also include a list of Gamertags.

Most important part:

Spread the word, WHR is not dead!
  11. Snappyguy

Snappyguy New Member

Sounds like fun, I'm in.

Can we have a game where you have to ride a wave of gremlins around. :)
  12. PlumbumTheEpic

Please elaborate. I am intrigued.
  13. Snappyguy

Snappyguy New Member

You know how you keep bouncing off things you aren't allowed to stand on. You do that on gremlins and sort of push forwards and see who can stay on the longest. Saw someone do it today and was funny till they killed him and ran after me.
  14. PlumbumTheEpic

That's pretty cool. Will add to the OP soon.

Does someone have to 'bait' the Gremlins? That's make for an awesome game, the baiter has to ake the trickiest route possible to throw the surfer off!
  15. Snappyguy

Snappyguy New Member

They're pretty hard to distract once they have the taste for flesh.
  16. Blatant Troll

Blatant Troll New Member

I got a few games:

Spunky Cola Special: All classes must have Gold Juice. Juice machines must also be present. Takes place on Spunky Cola Arena. Anything else is variable.

Rock-Paper-Gun: Assaults can only kill Supports. Supports can only kill Tanks. Tanks can only kill Assassins. Assassins can only kill Snipers. Snipers can only kill Gunners. Gunners can only kill Assaults. You cannot attack any other target unless in self-defense or when YOUR team's moneyball is down.

LazoRazor with Shavice: All turrets must be Shavices. ALL OF THEM. Takes place in LazoRazor.Anything else goes.

Rain of Fire: All Supports. All turrets must be Longshots. Supports must spawn Gap Shots when they have enough money. No skill upgrades EXCEPT for Air Strike. Anything else goes.

Taunting Time: You must taunt after every kill. EVERY. SINGLE. ONE.
  17. Snappyguy

Snappyguy New Member

#1 and #5 Is an average day for me so mix it with Rain of fire or LazeRaze with Shaveice - the LazeRaze bit. Rock Paper gun sounds a bit too confusing :p But I guess you would remember the one person who can kill you.
  18. PlumbumTheEpic

Wait... That's an ad, ain't it? In your sig? :mrgreen:

Guess I'll get one too now (as soon as I'm on my PC and I can do hyprlinks :lol:).

Down to business, the rules you picked.

Rain of Fire: although it sounds like a well-themed idea, doesn't sound like fun to play. You'd walk out of spawn and die from across the map. Besides, you left Hack blocked.

Rock, Paper, Gun: sounds like fun, BUT it pretty much requires a team of 6 each side. If we get 12 though...

LazeRazor with ShaveIce: don't see why not, nothing inherently wrong with it. ("I'm in their base and I'm moving like a slug through quicksand! :lol:")

Taunting Time: I play like this anyway. Do you mean right where you stand when you kill them, like in range of a Turret?

Spunky Cola Special: I think we need more fixed endorsement rules (they were the very first thing suggested).
  19. Miles Prower

Miles Prower New Member

I think this thread is genius.

Can we do this maybe once a week on the weekends?

It may be difficult to try to set up a date and rules every time on the forums. We could just set a standard weekly time (after figuring out everyone's timezones) and a different weekly host (unless someone wants to host every week). Playing on the weekend can serve as a way to meet people to play like this during the week.

I'm EST (GMT -5) and have a 20MB down, 1MB up, <60 ms ping connection.

My favorites rules so far:

1. Must Haves:
    DON'T ATTACK THE MONEYBALL!: Only bots can damage the moneyball.
    Straight Edge: Can't use juice.

2. Very Interesting:
    Like Deserves Like: Light classes (sniper, assassin, support) can only kill each other and heavy classes (tank, gunner, assault) can only kill each other
    Humble Pie: You must taunt after every kill. EVERY. SINGLE. ONE.
    Chill Out: All Turrets Must Be ShaveIces

3. Just Okay:
    A Look in the Mirror: Only certain kind/number of classes allowed
    Rain of Fire (modified): All turrets must be Longshots.
    Play My Way: Forced endorsements (everyone or maybe every class plays with the same setup?)
    0 and 0: Can't directly attack pros.
    For the Team: Cannot upgrade skills or buy juice, all money goes towards bots/turrents/Annihilator/Ejector.
  20. Blatant Troll

Blatant Troll New Member

Yep. Right where you stand. No matter how much it is a threat to your kidneys.

Just killed a guy in a mob of enemies? Taunt.

Sniped a guy from across the map with an Assassin on your tail? Taunt.

Got lucky with your Grenade Launcher while pushing bots? Taunt.

Firebase took down a man while going head to head against a Tank? Taunt.

Spawn camping? Taunt.