Vitriol towards Newbies

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat PC Discussion' started by rayleterleir, March 1, 2011.

1. Timon

Timon Member

Well i do my best to help and cope with my rage in just throwing out little hints, without caring what they do about it.
    Would you mind healing/hacking turrets?
    Build turrets FFS (mostly no reaction to it..)
    Use your Mortar against bots/turrets, its way more effective.
    and so on. 2 seconds of my life on the mic, but sometimes it helps and if not i can still call them idiots and retards.
  2. Fitzgerald

Fitzgerald New Member

gotta love sins that go 20 kills 0 assists 20+ deaths and 0 bot kills... yes 0.

We can try to help all the people we want in this game to attempt to promote a healthier competitive environment, but at the end of the day some people just dont care. They dont want to get better at the game, they just want to log a few hours and get off.

Either that, or gamer's egos have grown to such a point that reguardless of how amiable people can be, they still reply with snide remarks.

so in the end, to each thier own. Ill enjoy killing those that dont want to learn.
  3. Mail

Mail New Member

I haven't really encountered these incredibly rude people online, though I've gotten my fair share of silence. As my voice seems to come through just fine I've tried to offer tips when I can, and ask for assistance or warn of incoming pushes when necessary. Once or twice I've gotten into a match where people listen; even though we lost our fair share it still felt fun because of how we were responding and pushing in turn against them. These are the games that people really have to experience to understand the game as it was meant to be played.
  4. DehydratedWater

DehydratedWater New Member

All successful video games are social. this game is not social and therefore is not successful.
  5. Snug

Snug New Member

QFT
  6. Fitzgerald

Fitzgerald New Member

I think an options menu for voice chat would help. As is i can barely hear people when they talk. kinda one of those where you ask yourself, am i hearing something or did i just hear a feint voice. Also for something to pop up when someone talks to show who is speaking. All the mechanics of this game make it very team oriented, from the area control, team sizes, to dealing with juiced players. Not being able to communicate effectively in a pug is very detrimental to game play.

Also some quick key commands for chat would help, such as :
    Enemies (right, or left)
    juiced enemy, base.
    Thanks, (for when a support heals you)
    there are probably others but you get the jist.

pretty much sums it up.
  7. kotay

kotay New Member

i think most people do not even notice people chatting, tbh i never notice it in game and only notice at the end score screen that people were chatting mid game. For me the chat just doesnt stand out enough
  8. Fitzgerald

Fitzgerald New Member

i'll second that. i rarely see people chat, and when they do i miss it most of the time and only realize it later at the score screen.
  9. arseface

arseface Post Master General

This, I keep hearing about it but I have yet to see it even once.
    Thirded

The chat system needs to be improved, everyone agrees on that note.
  10. DehydratedWater

DehydratedWater New Member

#1 priority should be fixing the grapple bug though. That is **** annoying!
  11. kotay

kotay New Member

yeah it is really annoying, i do not even bother to grapple 3 anymore as 2 is safer
  12. Mail

Mail New Member

From what I hear a fix is already in the works.