Video update Terrain Prototypes

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by bathtub, October 5, 2012.

1. robinvanb

robinvanb New Member

Yeah, while we're on the topic. It seemed like you guys just suddenly thought you would do this. Awkward silences, and confusing conversation at times.
    But, that really is part of the charm in a way. I love the fact that these sort of communications are not super polished by some marketing / customer service department which double checks everything. Really gives that pure nerdy feel to it, I love it!
  2. Daddie

Daddie Member

Agreed.. spontaneous vid's like these are soo much more fun to watch rather than the PR department behind you with a whip :mrgreen:
  3. jurgenvonjurgensen

jurgenvonjurgensen Active Member

I hope you don't like pathfinding, because that's what you'll not get if the world is full of rotating cogs.

⁊_⁊

So apparently now "raising legitimate concerns about the gameplay implications of what's supposed to be an aesthetic choice" is "an uncomfortable response". Last time I checked this was "Planetary Annihilation General Discussion", not "Planetary Annihilation General Sycophancy".
  4. igncom1

igncom1 Post Master General

I can kinda see the metal world looking like cybertron, with massive bridges, and huge mountain ranges of metal.

Give it Core Prime like polluted green water it it will look kinda awesome.
  5. Yourtime

Yourtime Member

I dont know if I am pity you or envy... if you are in a workflow, you forget the time... and it makes really fun to do it.. I know it.. good night man!
  6. BulletMagnet

BulletMagnet Post Master General

Envy, definitely envy.

I wish I could sit down and be productive for 14 hours in a day. All I seem to be able to do is waste time looking at lolcats.
  7. robinvanb

robinvanb New Member

Definitely envy, the amount of energy you must get from a great community already, the succesful kickstarter project and doing what you love to do, the way you want to do it must be tremendous. It might even make up for the lack of sleep ;-)
  8. thorneel

thorneel Member

Yes, definitely envy. And admiration, even more if you intend to do that regularly for one year...
  9. stonesand

stonesand New Member

Loved the video! Can we get some sort of official announcement that these vids are going to be posted? I mean, we heard about it from a random forum post - is there any kind of organization in terms of the website, forum stickies, official announcements, etc?

SO excited about this game - I'll be wearing my Total Annihilation T-shirt I got at its launch when I play.
  10. neutrino

neutrino low mass particle Uber Employee

Think about it as a test run. We'll start doing videos more regularly and they'll be announced beforehand to some extent (unless we just feel like being spontaneous, for example if someone drops by the office we want to interview or something).
  11. igncom1

igncom1 Post Master General

Feel free to get a cup of joe and just stream your ideas.
  12. Teod

Teod Well-Known Member

Can somebody upload it on YouTube? I don't have access to my PC now and TwitchTV app on android only supports livestreams.

It's confusing, isn't it? There's two Uber Entertainment channels (on YouTube and on Twitch) and they have entirely different sets of videos. I understand that TwitchTV is useful for livestreams, but can you at least post it on YouTube later? It would be more convenient.
  13. thefirstfish

thefirstfish New Member

Thanks for the update. I think the terrain looks amazing. I really like the sharp edges and the simple clean look. I REALLY like the contrast and how easy this should be for unit identification. Those map portions look like they'd be fun to play on.

The swirls are tamer here. I think they look good, but I guess it's something that will need testing for gameplay.

The only thing I'm not 100% sure about is the metal world (unit visibility issues) but again it would need playtesting.
  14. rockobot

rockobot Member

I really like the extra jaggy look to the cliff faces (or the "Chunky stuff", which I guess is a good way to describe it if not a colorful way). I think it just looks better than smooth edges.
  15. chrishaldor

chrishaldor Member

I don't think I've ever seen a game company show off what they've done before they even have an engine up and running, this is how all games should be published! =D
  16. thapear

thapear Member

Take a look at Kings and Castles. It's been silent for quite some time now though...
    It's also based on an already existing engine, so it's not exactly the same, but it's similar.
  17. Satch3L

Satch3L Member

Would it be possible to release further video updates on the official planetaryannihilation.com website? This way we who don't read everything on the forums does not miss out on anything! :)