Use the In-Game Community Mods - raevn's PA Mod Manager for Linux and Mac OS X is Obsolete

Discussion in 'Released Mods' started by DeathByDenim, August 25, 2013.

1. gillza

gillza Member

I am on Linux (Mint 16/Ubuntu 13.10). Its all good and the manager is working fine now. I do have some issues with hotbuild2, had to unmap the letters in standard menu for them to work as Hotbuild2 intends. Strange but I did not have to do this in win7. Maybe I'm doing something wrong :)
  2. DeathByDenim

DeathByDenim Post Master General

Well, I don't know about Hotbuild2, but there was a bug regarding priorities that is fixed in 1.8.1. That affects which mod is loaded first. Hotbuild2 depends on other mods, so you can check ui_mod_list.js for the ordering.
    If you installed Hotbuild2 while using version 1.8, you might want to try disabling and reenabling the mod in the new version 1.8.1. That will regenerate the ui_mod_list.js file with correct ordering.
    gillza likes this.
  3. gillza

gillza Member

I have noticed an issue with ui_mod_list.js when Hotbuild2 is turned on:
    In the 'setting' section of the script it adds this:
    /* HotBuild2 */
    '../../mods/hotbuild2/settings/hotbuild_settings.js',
    That second comma is what screwing the "setting" in the game menu. If the comma is not removed, when I go to setting I see the 3 squares as in post #39.

P.S. Actually it happens everytime one of the mods is off or on. It adds extra comma after "hotbuild_settings.js"
  4. proeleert

proeleert Post Master General

Woops :)

You see no more comma :)
    gillza likes this.
  5. gillza

gillza Member

Thank you DeathByDenim for your help and for the making the mod manager for Linux!!!
    And thanks proeleert for Hotbuild2!
    Last edited: December 14, 2013
    shootall likes this.
  6. DeathByDenim

I also fixed the mod manager internally so breakage like that won't occur anymore.
  7. gillza

gillza Member

/me .... not gonna get much done today... itching to play...
  8. turbo329is

turbo329is New Member

I'm a linux noob. I'm running ubuntu 13.10
    I think I installed the qt4..
    sudo apt-get install libqt4-dev
    It did something for a few minutes.

I'm pretty sure files are extracted. I put pamm_linux and img folder into ...steamapps/common/planetary annihilation. pamm_linux is supposed to run if I double click right? It does nothing. If I right click, open with, it says no application available to open "pamm_linux."

I'm just trying to get the cursor problem fixed. The other workarounds haven't worked.
  9. DeathByDenim

I'm using Kubuntu 13.10, so all the qt4 stuff is already installed for me, but I think you need:
    Code:
    sudo apt-get install libqt4-core libqt4-gui libqt4-network libzip2
    It doesn't particularly matter anymore where you install pamm. It will find the PA installation folder automatically. If it still fails, can you run it from a terminal window? It should spit out some errors then.
  10. turbo329is

turbo329is New Member

It couldn't find the gui file but it seams to work now. I had already gotten the cursor fix to work.
  11. DeathByDenim

Oh, strange. I'm using 13.10 as well and libqt4-gui exists for me. Oh well. Glad you got everything working, including the cursor.
    At least you can enjoy the other mods now. :)
  12. DeathByDenim

New version released. This one supports the new modding system based on modjson.info. All previous mods have to be converted, but most of them are. This version works the same as raevn's version 3.0.3.
    shootall likes this.
  13. DeathByDenim

Two bugfixes for version 3.0.1. Wrong URLs were used for the available mod list and it failed to write the mods.json and ui_mod_list.js upon installation of a new mod.
    Also for Mac users a DMG is now available with all dependencies included.
    shootall and gillza like this.
  14. gillza

gillza Member

The new path for mods is: ~/.local/Uber Entertainment/Planetary Annihilation/mods am I correct?
    If the mod is installed manually I just extract it there and mod manager should detect it?
    And also, will there be a conflict between the mods in old folder and the mods in new, should the old mod folder be deleted?

Sorry for bombarding you with questions :) I sincerely appreciate your help and effort in making the mod for Linux :) !!!
    Last edited: January 1, 2014
  15. DeathByDenim

Correct!
    Correct, provided that the mod is in the new format. That is, it contains a modinfo.json. Also, you might need to disable/enable the mod in the mod manager for it to load properly in PA if you install it manually.
    There won't be a conflict for the simple reason that none of the old mods will be detected anymore. :)
    So, you may as well delete the old mod folder.
  16. philoscience

philoscience Post Master General

I'm on OSX and the mod manager/installed mods are causing game crippling lag. Games take 15 minutes to launch and are totally unplayable. Is there a particular mod that might be causing this, and how can I completely remove the mods/manager to start fresh?
    Last edited: January 5, 2014
  17. DeathByDenim

I'm not sure which mod might be causing that. The symptoms you're describing happen to people without mods too. Especially the game lobby is prone to huge lag at the moment. It may simply be related to the speed of your Internet connection, but that's just guessing on my part.

Anyway, you can disable any of the mods by unchecking the checkbox in front of the mod in the "Installed mods" tab. The only exception is the mod that makes the mod manager work in the first place. To completely get rid of all of the mods, you can delete the directory called "mods" in "~/Library/Application Support/Uber Entertainment/Planetary Annihilation/". Mind you, if you start the mod manager even once after that, it will install itself again in the mod directory.
    philoscience likes this.
  18. MCXplode

MCXplode Active Member

does the PA binary actually look for mods in ./home/.local/Uber~/mod ect. or does it still look for mod in the old folder? if so this new mod manager does not append the ui_mod_list or other files it needs for the new mods to be recognized in the old mod folder. Only my old mods are recognized, can't get new mods to be recognized even if I delete all old mods and the ui_mod_list file. raevns ui mod man 3.01 shows them installed correctly and the files are in ~.local/Uber/PA~/mods & pamm_cache ect. but no joy. Do you have to launch PA from the mod manager for mods to work if so can't launch PA that way because I need --softwareui
  19. DeathByDenim

The PA binary looks in both "~/.local/Uber Entertainment/Planetary Annihilation/mods" and "<PA Install dir>/ui/media/mods". However, when you use version 3.0.1 of the mod manager, it will disable the latter and make PA only look for mods in "~/.local/Uber Entertainment/Planetary Annihilation/mods". When you look at the PA logs, you should see stuff like this:
    Code:
    [16:10:12.855] INFO Loading mod : rCommanderHP
    [16:10:12.855] INFO Loading mod : PAMM
    [16:10:12.856] INFO Loading mod : dMesaUiFix
    [16:10:12.856] INFO Loading mod : pa_stats_online
    [16:10:12.856] INFO Loading mod : rFloatFrame
    [16:10:12.856] INFO Loading mod : randomsystemtemplates
    [16:10:12.857] INFO Loading mod : rSettingsManager
    [16:10:12.857] INFO Loading mod : dNotes
    [16:10:12.877] INFO Client loaded 8 mods
    Does it work when you install mods from the "Available Mods" tab?

The "Launch PA" button is only there for convenience. It doesn't do anything special.
  20. MCXplode

MCXplode Active Member

None of the mods work I installed from the Available mods tab, its like its not looking in .local/Uber at all. the mods show up in those folders mods and pamm but none work. Even tried deleting entire /media/ui/mods folder from PA directory