Use the In-Game Community Mods - Original PA Mod Manager (PAMM) is Obsolete

Discussion in 'Released Mods' started by Raevn, August 17, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lapsedpacifist

lapsedpacifist Post Master General

I've been having the Script Error messages since gamma release, but have been able to just click through them and my mods have been working fine. However, the other day I went on the 'About' tab on the mod manager and I now can't get off it. The manager seems to be working fine, the mods that were activated are still running in game (although I've now got hotbuild with no settings manager), it knows how many mods are installed (ie the 'About' page itself is working and will refresh) but I can't get off the 'About' page, whenever I try I get the following script error:
    Line: 984
    Character: 4
    Error: Object does not support this property or method
    Code: 0
    URL: file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/Planetary%20Annihilation/PAMM.hta

This is the same message I've always clicked through before with no trouble (I think), and having flicked through this thread I've tried:
    Completely uninstalling and reinstalling PAMM
    Turning off ALL firewalls, anti-virus function (I use sophos) and internet explorer security features (I'm running IE 9 as I always use chrome). Neither of these made any difference whatsoever.

I don't know how much of this info is relevant/useful so let me know if there's anything else that might help you solve this problem. If it can't be fixed for the foreseeable future I'm going to need help with manually uninstalling my mods, seeing as I can't update them or deactivate them from the manager.

Sorry for the long post, and thanks in advance for any help.
    Last edited: March 20, 2014
  2. Quitch

Quitch Post Master General

The Enable All and Disable All buttons do not successfully change the status of No Black Screens the first time.
    1. All mods enabled/disabled
    2. Disable/Enable all
    3. All mods disabled/enabled except No Black Screens
    4. Click Disable/Enable all again
    5. No Black Screens now disabled/enabled
    6. No Black Screens will continue to change status correctly until you restart PAMM
    1. All mods enabled/disabled
    2. Disable/Enable all
    3. All mods disabled/enabled except No Black Screens
    4. Now use the opposite function of step 1
    5. Now Disable/Enable everything per step 1
    6. No Black Screens has been successfully disabled/enabled
    7. No Black Screens will continue to change status correctly until you restart PAMM
  3. LetsOne

LetsOne Active Member

I was wondering if theres any reason why this program wont pin to my task bar? Just wondering as I would like to use it as the main way of launching the game.
  4. Quitch

Quitch Post Master General

Windows doesn't let you pin HTA files to the taskbar. What you can do is add a new toolbar to the taskbar that consists only of PAMM.
  5. Fr33Lancer

Fr33Lancer Well-Known Member

No need for a new toolbar ;)
    Just create a shortcut to the PAMM.hta file
    In the shortcut properties, just add "explorer" at the beginning of the target.
    Like :
    Code:
    explorer "D:\Games\PAMM\PAMM.hta"
    Now you can pin it (just drag & drop it)
    Quitch likes this.
  6. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

So PA Stats should be shown as "has an update". For me it wasn't. Had to do a reinstall.
    Why?
    I changed the version, the build, set the date to tomorrow and changed the name of the zip to have a _v2

EDIT:
    Okay missed the year part of the date, was still 2013 :D
    Last edited: March 23, 2014
    cptconundrum likes this.
  7. Fr33Lancer

Fr33Lancer Well-Known Member

Just noticed, following an update from Anchor Mod in its thread, that I had no update available in PAMM.
    Then I realized the mod was listed as 1.5 in Installed mod list, whereas latest version is 1.7
    Re-installed to get the latest version, but someone can easily miss an update.
    Also, according to my download history, I manually installed version 1.6
    Are there some issues with PAMM when installing mod manually ?

EDIT : Checking all my mods between installed / available, noticed that also "Show Secondary Colours" is 1.2 installed / 1.3 available but yet it doesn't propose the update. This one is not in my download history, so it wasn't manually installed.
    Last edited: March 23, 2014
  8. ORFJackal

ORFJackal Active Member

9. darkgodmaster

darkgodmaster New Member

[ERROR]Error loading PAMM version data: Unable to get property 'date' of undefined or null reference
    [DEBUG][Message ID: 4] HTTP Blocked by [Antivirus-Software] (403) <url>
    [ERROR]Error loading online mod download count data: Unable to get property 'acceptance' of undefined or null reference

Hello, what is the address PAMM is trying to access so I can white list it.
  10. LavaSnake

LavaSnake Post Master General

It uses both github.com and raevn.com. Based on that log I'd say you need to whitelist raevn.com.
  11. darkgodmaster

darkgodmaster New Member

Yes that was the website that was being blocked by bitdefender.
    Based on malware.
  12. stormingkiwi

stormingkiwi Post Master General

@raevn , can you sort this **** out with Bitdefender please? It's been a problem for absolutely ages with PAMM. How do I work around this, and why on earth isn't the work around in the OP?
    Last edited: March 30, 2014
  13. Raevn

Raevn Moderator Alumni

I've opened a ticket with them, and I'm installing BitDefender myself so I can see what the effect is.
  14. darkgodmaster

darkgodmaster New Member

When you visit the website itself there is a bitdefender bar on top of the website with a power button.
    Press it to turn it off and then you can go to the website, then PAMM also works.

The moment I posted that message I've opened a request to unblock it.
    "
    Hello,

Thank you for your time and we apologize for the delay of our answer.

The analysis of the website has been completed and it seems that this site may have hosted a malware file.
    Please make sure your server is not compromised and then make a new request.

Please let me know if I can further assist you.

Have a nice day!

Kind regards,
    Andrei ONCIU
    Bitdefender Support Team

"
  15. stormingkiwi

In which case what is the website and why isn't this information in the OP?

Yes. I know that's what Bitdefender says. I sent the same request to them months ago.
  16. Raevn

Raevn Moderator Alumni

Because I can't replicate it; and don't even see a bitdefender bar when I visit http://pa.raevn.com, or any warnings at all. I too have placed a request to unblock, but haven't heard back yet.
    I've run scans on PAMM, and they come up clean. I've also run PAMM while bitdefender was running and PAMM worked fine and was not blocked in any way that I could see for me, and all functionality worked.

Furthermore, google has not detected any issues with the domain:
    upload_2014-4-1_23-38-13.png

And I can verify that every file that is in that domain is valid and unmodified (there are very few). So I'm not sure what malware file they are referring to.

If @darkgodmaster can provide screenshots of the steps he took, I'll add these to the OP for users of bitdefender.
  17. DeathByDenim

DeathByDenim Post Master General

SXX posted an interesting link when I was helping a user with the Mac version of PAMM and his virus scanner:
    https://www.virustotal.com/en/url/f...948e5c8085b79a0026cf24d2efd740d6271/analysis/
    It shows pa.raevn.com is listed as hosting Malware by BitDefender, Emsisoft and Kaspersky. I do not know where that site gets its data from.

In my case, the user was using Kaspersky, so I sent them an e-mail about it. I just got a mail back that a "Junior Virus Analyst" is looking into it.

(The thread in question for sake of reference.)
    Raevn likes this.
  18. stormingkiwi

I'm sorry Raevn.

I'm only pissed off about it because it happens so infrequently. It does seem to be at Bitdefender's whim that it happens. It's working perfectly today for instance, but hasn't worked since we went into Gamma. No idea what is actually happening. I'm mostly annoyed because Bitdefender doesn't give me the tools to add it to safe site through my computer, I have to go to the weblink. It makes sense, but it's annoying I have less control than the program.
  19. LavaSnake

LavaSnake Post Master General

I'd suggest switching to Avast. It's never given me any troubles and it's really easy to control. Plus it's fast and free.
  20. LetsOne

LetsOne Active Member

AVAST VIRUS DATABASE HAS UPDATED :p
    stormingkiwi likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.