Use the In-Game Community Mods - Original PA Mod Manager (PAMM) is Obsolete

Discussion in 'Released Mods' started by Raevn, August 17, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Raevn

Raevn Moderator Alumni

Update 1.5 released. Adds a new attribute "ID" which will overwrite the use of the .ini filename if present.
    I've also made a mod that adds a "Mods" button to the main menu, which displays what mods are currently installed.
    To do this, the mod manager now writes an additional javascript variable to the ui_mods_list.js file, called "rModsList", which contains details of the selected mods that can be read from within PA.
    DeathByDenim likes this.
  2. DeathByDenim

DeathByDenim Post Master General

Nice. Now I have to update the Linux and Mac version too.

Question though: Why did you introduce a new attribute "ID"? The use of the .ini filename is fine as long as you include the complete path rather than just the basename. That would completely kill any possibility for id collisions as well, right?
    infuscoletum likes this.
  3. Raevn

Raevn Moderator Alumni

The "Installed Mods List" mod continues to work in 54412.
  4. voodoomaster

voodoomaster Member

I get an error:

"isn't a valid win32 application"

Can anyone help me?
    badfucatus likes this.
  5. tatsujb

tatsujb Post Master General

can we get one that works for appdata too?
  6. tatsujb

tatsujb Post Master General

never ever got modlist to work, what am I doing wrong?
  7. Quitch

Quitch Post Master General

Suggestion: clicked links should be opened using the user's default web browser, not IE.
  8. ghotifish

ghotifish New Member

The show mods list is currently broken.

Using the debugger and looking through the mod. It's trying to find an element $("#A5")

I don't know where that used to be, but it's not there now.

In general, I think if you're going $('#A5').parent().parent().parent() you might be doing something wrong :p

I have no idea where it SHOULD go though, so I'll leave that to you to patch.
  9. stormingkiwi

stormingkiwi Post Master General

It doesn't display properly for me - the window is too small. Not sure what the issue is. But the play PA and exit buttons are cut off.
  10. DeathByDenim

DeathByDenim Post Master General

You should change A5 to A11. They got rid of button A5, so that's why it's failing. I've attached an updated version of the mod.
    The reason that raevn did all the parent().parent()... thing is because of the lack of "id" fields. So you always need to define something relative to something. Not much he can do about that. :)

Attached Files:

11. Raevn

Raevn Moderator Alumni

This is (was?) necessary due to a lack of unique identifiers to change the specific piece of HTML :confused:. It's probably broken in a later patch, but I haven't had a chance to fix it yet.

EDIT: Ninja'd by DeathByDenim.

Not sure if I can change this; the "app" is run by MSHTA, which uses Trident (IE) - any links are therefore opened in IE as well.

Edit: Updated rModsList in OP to work with build 56310 (thanks DeathByDenim!).
    Last edited: November 3, 2013
    Quitch likes this.
  12. supremeoverlord

supremeoverlord Member

Hi I get this when trying to use the mod manager in the steam version of the game please help. If i choose yes or no then I get the second image. mod error.JPG yes or no.JPG mod error.JPG yes or no.JPG
  13. stormingkiwi

upload_2013-11-9_0-24-28.png

Here's my display issue.
  14. Raevn

Raevn Moderator Alumni

@SupremeOverLord - can you confirm that you have the folder "manager" present in the same directory as PAMM.hta?

Is anyone else using this on Steam, and if so, do you encounter a similar issue?

@stormingkiwi - it looks like you've zoomed in and/or adjusted text sizing - this is what is causing it to be cut off at the bottom. If you hold down control and scroll down with the mouse wheel, it should zoom out.

Version 1.6 released! You can now browse a list of mods to install - this list is downloaded each time the mod manager is run. It doesn't yet download or install the mods automatically, but it's the first step.
    stormingkiwi and Quitch like this.
  15. kongkillha

kongkillha Member

Update 1.6: awesome!
    Will it also be possible to auto-update the mods via the mod-manager in the near future?
    Last edited: November 9, 2013
  16. Quitch

Quitch Post Master General

OK, the available mods thing is awesome.
  17. stormingkiwi

Oh my lord I can't believe that -- that's how it launched by default the first time :/

It launches like that every time I launch it, but I'm glad to know that's the fix. So thank you.

I'm using Steam, encountering no problems.
    Last edited: November 9, 2013
  18. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

Extending that available mods list with an install mod button is pretty simple in case of mods like pa stats and pa tournaments: just make it add the one global link to the server :)
  19. Raevn

Raevn Moderator Alumni

Installing a mod so that the mod manager can control it would still require copying the .ini file into the mods folder somewhere, even for mods which are run off a server. This itself isn't hard, except for two issues:
    • The uberent forum doesn't allow direct downloading of attachments (meaning the mods would need to be hosted elsewhere)
    • Potential security concerns with automatically downloading and extracting files (bearing in mind PAMM is running with admin privileges). There may not actually be security issues - I haven't looked too deeply yet - but I want people to be able to trust the mod manager.
  20. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

Why would you even want to download the ini file in such cases? You could just add the respective url directly into the mod list and read the mod info from the same source you get the list of mods from.
    cptconundrum likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.