Use the In-Game Community Mods - Original PA Mod Manager (PAMM) is Obsolete

Discussion in 'Released Mods' started by Raevn, August 17, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zihuatanejo

zihuatanejo Well-Known Member

Just tried to get the new version of pastats working using this mod manager; failed! Let me know if you need help testing it raevyn. Guess I'll try and create the ui_mod_list.js myself!
  2. Raevn

Raevn Moderator Alumni

Please see https://forums.uberent.com/threads/help-steam-folder-structure.50828/, if you can provide any information about this it will let me work out how to get the manager working in the Steam version.
  3. zihuatanejo

zihuatanejo Well-Known Member

Done :)
    Raevn likes this.
  4. Clopse

Clopse Post Master General

Wish this was invented before I had to beg cola_colin to teach me how to install mods. Great work.
  5. Raevn

Raevn Moderator Alumni

Alrighty, give the new version a whirl and let me know if it works on Steam. It works for me when I installed it into the PA directory of the non-steam version, so in theory it should work. No other feature additions yet as I wanted to get steam support out of the way before trying anything more complex.
  6. tatsujb

tatsujb Post Master General

love new ver.!
  7. infuscoletum

infuscoletum Active Member

:cool: PA will tell you if you're version's outdated anyways. Plus it's one less "play" button to press :D
  8. Raevn

Raevn Moderator Alumni

This is now available (version 1.4), using the "Priority" and "Requires" properties.
    infuscoletum likes this.
  9. infuscoletum

Script Error:

Line 18, char 4: object doesn't support this property or method 'document.getElementById(...).checked'
    Code 0, PAMM.hta, blah blah blah :p

I have bigger stat fonts, pa stats, commander hp and play/pause in the mods folder, but it only shows fonts and pa stats. Also, the error reappears if (un)checking pa stats.

EDIT: also, I have the uber version of PA, not steam
  10. Raevn

Raevn Moderator Alumni

I found a bug, I think it's what's causing this. Uploaded a new version, let me know if that fixes it.
  11. infuscoletum

no dice. still same error. 1.3 works, so it's not a problem with pa stats ini or anything

EDIT: screenshot!
    pammerror.png
  12. Raevn

Raevn Moderator Alumni

Hmm. Can you zip & upload the contents of your mods folder?
  13. infuscoletum

Jesus. Make me work whydontcha :p:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

here it is: :cool:

Attached Files:

14. Raevn

Raevn Moderator Alumni

Found the issue - The mod manager uses the name of the ini file as an ID for each mod (because the mod names have spaces), and PAMM is already used within the application, so when it goes to enable to mod, it's finding the application instead of the checkbox and trying to select it.

Uploading fixed version in a sec. This version works with pa_stats as it is, however I suggest re-naming pamm.ini to something more unique ;)

Edit: version 1.4c uploaded.
    infuscoletum likes this.
  15. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

pamm.ini is within pa_stats, so my thinking was that the pamm.ini within pa_stats should kinda say it all: This is the ini for pamm of pa_stats.
    Well I can rename it to pamm_pastats.ini I guess. xD
    cptconundrum likes this.
  16. Raevn

Raevn Moderator Alumni

I can add an ID property which will be used instead of the ini file name. I just need something unique and without spaces, and the filename was the easiest at the time :D
  17. cola_colin

filenames can contain spaces :p
    I think using something like pa_stats/pamm.ini stripped of potential spaces might work?
    cptconundrum likes this.
  18. Raevn

Raevn Moderator Alumni

Not if the instructions on making an ini are followed ;). But with an ID field, you'll be able to have non-unique ini names, as long as the specified ID is unique.
  19. cola_colin

looking at the code that loads mod js and css I just realized it is possible to do something like this:

Code:
    [PAMM]
    Name=Commander Health Display from a remote server
    Folder=PA\media\ui\mods\rCommanderHP
    live_game='http://www.nanodesu.info/stuff/pa/test/rCommanderHP.css','http://nanodesu.info/stuff/pa/test/rCommanderHP.js'
    the folder only contains the ini for the manager, css and js are loaded from the remote server.
    Dunno if this can be useful or not. An online version that automatically updates might be nice, but it could not update what files are modded.
    cptconundrum likes this.
  20. Raevn

Raevn Moderator Alumni

Small update released; fixes a bug with mods that attempt to add to the "settings" section of ui_mod_list.js not being enabled.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.