Use the In-Game Community Mods - Cross Platform PA Mod Manager (PAMM) is Obsolete

Discussion in 'Released Mods' started by Mereth, May 24, 2014.

1. igncom1

igncom1 Post Master General

:oops:

Now I feel like I have wasted your time....it has somehow fixed it's self.

Sorry....
  2. Mereth

Mereth Active Member

No problem ;) Maybe the following will help you to understand what could happened. PAMM find the PA installation folders by analyzing the log files found in "%LOCALAPPDATA%\Uber Entertainment\Planetary Annihilation\log". Which mean you have to run a fully updated PA (not just the Launcher) at least once before running PAMM for this feature to work properly. Or there is some bug hanging around.
    igncom1 likes this.
  3. Xagar

Xagar Active Member

I actually have the same issue where it doesn't detect I have the proper update installed if I run through PAMM. I've tried a variety of different orders of running things, disabling mods, etc., but it just says something like "a new version is available, please download" and the servers list is empty. I could post some screenshots later if you need it.

As the previous comments, it works just fine if I make changes in PAMM then run PA as normal.
  4. Mereth

Mereth Active Member

Could you please copy paste your LOG tab content ? I presume you are on Windows 7 or 8 ?
  5. wondible

wondible Post Master General

I just updated Instant Sandbox, switching from user_mods to a github archive. I moved my local folder to the desktop, and checked not-installed mods. The old version is listed, and it gets installed. I've refreshed multiple times.
  6. Mereth

Mereth Active Member

Do you mean you still see Instant Sandbox v1.3.0 in the available mods list (I see v2.0.0 now) ? Could be our first http caching issue ~~
  7. wondible

Something like that. I'm getting the correct one now, so maybe something has a cache of a few minutes. I did check the url reported in the log in a browser, and it was showing the new version, so it wasn't hidden from my computer as a whole.
    Mereth likes this.
  8. Mereth

Mereth Active Member

Yes, it was probably the chromium cache. If it becomes a recurrent issue I will set the global property "cache" to false in jquery.
  9. wondible

Should be fine as long as it's a known quantity.... I was just a bit impatient because I wanted to check the new format download before announcing it.
  10. cptconundrum

cptconundrum Post Master General

I haven't read the whole thread so maybe it has been asked already. Would it be hard to add a check box to set the --nomods flag on PA.exe? We have a way to disable all mods but to turn on just the ones we had before we need to go through and select them again one by one.

11. Fr33Lancer

Fr33Lancer Well-Known Member

I think Mereth initiated something, as per his message here
    cptconundrum likes this.
  12. Mereth

Mereth Active Member

Something similar is in the features list : https://github.com/pamods/pamm-atom/issues/3
    Relying on the nomods arg would be easier to implement, but I think many people don't use PAMM to launch PA and prefer the PALauncher or Steam, which is understandable ;)
  13. Fr33Lancer

Fr33Lancer Well-Known Member

I mostly use PAMM to launch PA, now that it has the branch option.
    Because PA Launcher is slow due to (unnecessary) version check and raise CPU usage (fan going in turbine mode ...)
  14. Mereth

Mereth Active Member

It's more likely your GPU, I have the same issue, which is a pain when an update is needed : http://pa.lennardf1989.com/Tracker/index.php?do=details&task_id=3574
    It's 50% Gpu usage now on win8.1 fresh install.
    Fr33Lancer likes this.
  15. Mereth

Mereth Active Member

New version available, what's new :
    • search filters don't "scroll" anymore with the mods list, and the vertical scrollbar take the full screen size !
    • added a progress bar during mods downloads
    • authors are now link to the forum (doesn't work for everyone, but that's a start!)
    • fixed a chromium cache issue
    Yep, you should like this release ;)
    Fr33Lancer and wondible like this.
  16. LavaSnake

LavaSnake Post Master General

As a heads up I won't have much coding time until the 20th so I won't be updating my mods for the new version of PA or this PAMM until after then. Though, feel free to update them for me before then if people start asking and you have time. Thanks!
  17. LavaSnake

There's a typo in this dialog:
    upload_2014-7-3_17-19-16.png
    The second line should say something like: "Click ok to uninstall it." Also, the uninstallation always fails for me, it just does nothing and proceeds to load the new PAMM.
  18. Mereth

Mereth Active Member

Could you have a look at the LOG tab ? It should at least give you the full path to the old uninstaller, and maybe an error message.
  19. Quitch

Quitch Post Master General

PAMM always warns me a mod dependency needs to be installed, even if the dependency is installed and up-to-date.

Loving the new version though.
  20. LavaSnake

Sure, here's the relevant chunk of the log and a little bit before and after it:
    Code:
    Downloading available mods list
    18:04:32[DEBUG] [Message ID: 3] GET http://pamods.github.io/modlist2.json
    18:04:32[INFO] Checking for PA updates
    18:04:32[DEBUG] [Message ID: 4] GET https://uberent.com/launcher/clientversion?titleid=4
    18:04:32[INFO] Uninstalling Legacy PAMM: C:\Program Files (x86)\Planetary Annihilation\Uninstall PAMM.exe
    18:04:33[DEBUG] [Message ID: 2] HTTP 200
    18:04:33[INFO] PAMM update: NONE
    18:04:33[DEBUG] [Message ID: 3] HTTP 200
    18:04:33[INFO] Getting availailable mod download counts
    18:04:33[DEBUG] [Message ID: 5] GET http://pa.raevn.com/modcount_json.php
    18:04:34[DEBUG] [Message ID: 4] HTTP 200
    18:04:34[INFO] PA update: NONE
    18:04:34[DEBUG] [Message ID: 5] HTTP 200
    18:04:34[INFO] Generating Available Mods List
    As a heads up the folder C:\Program Files (x86)\Planetary Annihilation doesn't exist on my machine. PAMM's installer is actually in C:\Games\Uber Entertainment\Planetary Annihilation Launcher.

Also, I have to say that you're EULA is awesome. ;)