Use the In-Game Community Mods - Cross Platform PA Mod Manager (PAMM) is Obsolete

Discussion in 'Released Mods' started by Mereth, May 24, 2014.

1. SugokuPuddi

SugokuPuddi New Member

Code:
    var global_mod_list = [
        "coui://ui/mods/rSettingsManager/rSettingsManager_global.js",
        "coui://ui/mods/rBlueprintInfoFramework/rBlueprintInfoFramework.js",
        "coui://ui/mods/rFloatFrame/rFloatFrame.css",
        "coui://ui/mods/rFloatFrame/rFloatFrame.js",
        "coui://ui/mods/hotbuild2/global_mod_list/hotbuild.js",
        "coui://ui/mods/tAutoFactory/global_mod_list/tAutoFactory.js",
        "http://ns393951.ip-176-31-115.eu/mod/live/pa_stats_loader.js"
    ];

var scene_mod_list = {
        "armory": [
            "coui://ui/mods/rBlueprintInfoFramework/rBlueprintInfoFramework_scene.js"
        ],
        "building_planets": [
        ],
        "connect_to_game": [
        ],
        "game_over": [
        ],
        "icon_atlas": [
        ],
        "live_game": [
            "coui://ui/mods/rBlueprintInfoFramework/rBlueprintInfoFramework_scene.js",
            "coui://ui/mods/hotbuild2/live_game/hotbuild_core.js",
            "coui://ui/mods/dTimer/dTimer.css",
            "coui://ui/mods/dTimer/dTimer.js",
            "coui://ui/mods/tAutoFactory/live_game/init.js"
        ],
        "live_game_econ": [
        ],
        "live_game_hover": [
        ],
        "load_planet": [
        ],
        "lobby": [
        ],
        "matchmaking": [
        ],
        "new_game": [
        ],
        "replay_browser": [
        ],
        "server_browser": [
            "coui://ui/mods/mereth.allgames/allgames.js"
        ],
        "settings": [
            "coui://ui/mods/rSettingsManager/rSettingsManager.js",
            "coui://ui/mods/rSettingsManager/rSettingsManager.css",
            "coui://ui/mods/rFloatFrame/rFloatFrame_settings.js",
            "coui://ui/mods/hotbuild2/settings/hotbuild_settings.css",
            "coui://ui/mods/hotbuild2/lib/knockout-sortable.min.js",
            "coui://ui/mods/hotbuild2/settings/hotbuild_settings.js",
            "coui://ui/mods/tAutoFactory/settings/init.js"
        ],
        "social": [
        ],
        "special_icon_atlas": [
        ],
        "start": [
            "coui://ui/mods/rBlueprintInfoFramework/rBlueprintInfoFramework_start.js"
        ],
        "system_editor": [
        ],
        "transit": [
        ],
        "galactic_war": [
            "coui://ui/main/game/galactic_war/cards/tgw_start_broken.js",
            "coui://ui/main/game/galactic_war/cards/tgw_start_nomex.js",
            "coui://ui/main/game/galactic_war/cards/tgw_start_speed.js",
            "coui://ui/main/game/galactic_war/cards/tgw_start_tank.js",
            "coui://ui/main/game/galactic_war/cards/tgw_start_vehicle_borked.js",
            "coui://ui/main/game/galactic_war/cards/tgw_start_air_borked.js",
            "coui://ui/main/game/galactic_war/cards/tgw_start_orbital_borked.js",
            "coui://ui/main/game/galactic_war/cards/tgw_start_bot_borked.js",
            "coui://ui/main/game/galactic_war/cards/tgw_start_vehicle_buffed.js",
            "coui://ui/main/game/galactic_war/cards/tgw_start_air_buffed.js",
            "coui://ui/main/game/galactic_war/cards/tgw_start_orbital_buffed.js",
            "coui://ui/main/game/galactic_war/cards/tgw_start_bot_buffed.js"
        ],
        "live_game_build_bar": [
            "coui://ui/mods/hotbuild2/live_game/hotbuild.css",
            "coui://ui/mods/hotbuild2/live_game/hotbuild_live.js"
        ]
    };
    I hope this is correct? Thanks for your time meng! Hope we can solve this...

I just noticed mods with 'Build 67523' in their description actually work, so the mod Galactic War Loadouts does work! It's just that every other mod with something else than 'Build 67523' won't work..
  2. Mereth

Mereth Active Member

I don't see anything wrong here. Don't you see PA Stats menu entries or the checkbox at the beginning of a game ? Don't you see the hotbuild tab in settings ? dTimer (the huge "Sync") is broken and useless since a timer has been added in the interface by Uber in the bottom right.

By the way, mods works with either Steam or UberLauncher version.
  3. Clopse

Clopse Post Master General

I have similar issue.

[Blueprint Info Framework] Blueprint info not found in session storage is one of the errors in debugger.

I have uberlauncher version. Pa installed in a different directory this time around for me. All mods in user home directory so this is just a coincidence.
  4. Mereth

Mereth Active Member

I just installed the unit database, and it works fine.
    The "[Blueprint Info Framework] Blueprint info not found in session storage" doesn't seem to be an error, just a message before initializing the session storage.
  5. SugokuPuddi

SugokuPuddi New Member

I got a PA Stats is in Server Browser Box on the Start Menu, And PA Stats in the Settings tab. But I don't get Hotbuild Tab in Settings.

Yea, sorry dTimer is useless, thats true, but at least I get that big Sync in the bottom corner, so it works?

Also, I just tried a few other mods: Instant Sandbox, Gross Economy, Show All Games, and everything seems to work just fine. So, it's just that hotbuild won't load. I don't have the tab in the settings menu.
  6. Mereth

Mereth Active Member

Good news, I reproduced the problem ! I have now to identify if it's a PAMM or Hotbuild issue :]

Yeah, dTimer is broken :] It should be removed.
    Clopse likes this.
  7. Mereth

Mereth Active Member

It seems to be a hotbuild issue, lets do the follow up in the right thread :)
    proeleert likes this.
  8. Mereth

Mereth Active Member

New version available, what's new ?

For end user :
    • restore previous window size on startup
    • added a window icon & fixed title (wooohoooo)
    • loading available mods should be a bit quicker (one http request instead of two)
    • no more empty "REQUIRES"
    • "REQUIRES" display mods name, not identifiers
    For modders :
    • "id" property deprecated. If your mod isn't a "framework" required by other mods, remove it ASAP please
    • "requires" property deprecated. Replace it by "dependencies" which must contains an array of identifier (not id).
    • a new modlist2.json is now live, it merge modlist.json & servermods.json with the new json format. mostlist.json is still generated for back compatibility, but it's a deprecated file.
    • listgenerator has been updated accordingly
      • generate bot modlist.json & modlist2.json, but modlist.json contains only mods in user_mods, like before
      • modlist2.json can contains client & server mods stored elsewhere (aka github releases)
    listgenerator.exe
    refresh the modlist with user_mods changes

listgenerator.exe add identifier modurl
    add to the modlist the mod with [identifier] found in [modurl] archive

listgenerator.exe remove identifier
    remove from the modlist the mod with [identifier]

But I highly encourage you to use the archive download, or the tag & release capabilities of github. No one, should ever, ever, store a release directly inside a git (or svn, doh!) repository, it's against all VCS principles and is completely over-killing.
    trialq, Fr33Lancer, lokiCML and 2 others like this.
  9. LavaSnake

LavaSnake Post Master General

Very nice! We may want to write an announcement to all modders summarizing the changes that they need to make. I'll move my mods over to the new format soon.
  10. trialq

trialq Post Master General

Am I right in thinking we should use the release function of github, not archive download, in the transition phase? For example the first link should work in all pamms (untested), the second may fail in the hta and qt versions:
    https://github.com/trialq/tAutoFactory/releases/download/v1.8/tAutoFactory_v1.8.zip
    https://github.com/trialq/tAutoFactory/archive/769ca4eae5057611cffd2993f272918a30b0f8e3.zip
  11. trialq

I went ahead and updated auto factory to v1.8 using the release function. Cleared the cache and deleted the mod, then installed from available mods to test. No warnings and it's in the UI mods tab as enabled, but there is no tAutoFactory mod directory or files in the mods directory (and verified not present in game). Closing and re-opening pamm still shows auto factory as present in the ui mods directory. Let me know if I have done something wrong, or if it's a bug with pamm atom.

Can someone with the hta and qt pamm's try a clean install of auto factory, and let us know if it worked please?

pamm atom:
    Code:
    12:16:23
    [INFO]
    Installing mod 'com.pa.trialq.tAutoFactory'
    [INFO]
    Downloading mod 'com.pa.trialq.tAutoFactory'
    [DEBUG]
    [Message ID: 6] GEThttps://github.com/trialq/tAutoFactory/releases/download/v1.8/tAutoFactory_v1.8.zip
    12:16:24
    [DEBUG]
    [Message ID: 6] HTTP 200
    [DEBUG]
    Writing client mods.json
    [DEBUG]
    Writing ui_mod_list.js
    [DEBUG]
    Writing mods_list.json
    [DEBUG]
    Writing server mods.json
    [DEBUG]
    [Message ID: 7] GEThttp://pa.raevn.com/manage.php?download=com.pa.trialq.tAutoFactory

pamm hta:
    Code:
    12:21:08
    [DEBUG]
    [Message ID: 9] GET <url>
    [INFO]
    Downloading mod 'tAutoFactory'
    [DEBUG]
    [Message ID: 10] GET <url>
    [DEBUG]
    [Message ID: 10] HTTP (0) <url>
    12:21:09
    [DEBUG]
    [Message ID: 9] HTTP OK (200) <url>

In the hta pamm, there was also no warning, but it didn't get added to the installed mods tab.
    Last edited: June 29, 2014
  12. Mereth

Mereth Active Member

The modlist.json isn't compatible with mods not stored inside user_mods. It could be easily fixed in the list generation tool, but it would be wasted time because the Legacy PAMM will not be able to download it (MSXML.XMLHTTP forbid domain redirect, it depends on IE settings => lol).
  13. trialq

I edited modlist to use user_mods, so the update works with the old programs. I kept modlist2 as it was, the update doesn't work properly with pamm atom. Here's the modlist2 entry:
    Code:
      {
      "context": "client",
      "identifier": "com.pa.trialq.tAutoFactory",
      "author": "trialq",
      "version": "1.8",
      "display_name": "Auto Factory",
      "description": "Automatically build units with idle factories, when eco would otherwise be wasted",
      "build": "67523",
      "date": "2014/06/29",
      "forum": "https://forums.uberent.com/threads/rel-auto-factory.55995/",
      "category": [
      "in-game",
      "ui"
      ],
      "icon": "http://pamods.github.io/icons/tAutoFactory.png",
      "url": "https://github.com/trialq/tAutoFactory/releases/download/v1.8/tAutoFactory_v1.8.zip",
      "id": "tAutoFactory"
      },

pamm atom downloads the update (into "pamm_cache/com.pa.trialq.tAutoFactory_v1.8.zip"), but doesn't actually install.
  14. Mereth

Mereth Active Member

Could you check the content of com.pa.trialq.tAutoFactory_v1.8.zip in your cache ? I installed Auto Factory with success. Maybe the zip file in your cache is empty (generated by the legacy pamm).
  15. trialq

It's not empty, all present and accounted for. If legacy pamm did create an empty zip, I would think it would name it tAutoFactory_v1.8.zip, which isn't present.

I think the cause was I had a load of old zips in the mods directory, named tAutoFactory_vx.x.zip (zipped to copy to user_mods for a release on pamm). A clean install with the zips removed worked. Is this the cause of the issue?
  16. Mereth

Mereth Active Member

You're right, legacy PAMM would have named the file differently, and I doubt a messy pamm_cache folder could be the issue. I even try to install AutoFactory 1.73 then apply the update, and it worked fine. I don't understand what could have happened here :/
  17. igncom1

igncom1 Post Master General

I re-downloaded pamm, but it won't recognise that I have updated my PA.

So it tried to load up a PA of a older version, meaning that my mods don't work. :(
  18. Mereth

Mereth Active Member

What is the warning message do you get ? Which operating system are you using ? Do you use Steam or the PA Launcher ?
  19. igncom1

igncom1 Post Master General

It just says that PA has a new update available, the current one, and doesn't recognise that I have updated or have the PTE also downloaded.

Windows 7

PA Launcher.

But here is the kicker, once I have the PAMM on, and my mods selected, all I need do is tell the PA launcher to run the game separately and it works! (Although the PAMM still tries to update the statera mod thingie, but never actually does).

Will you be requiring screen shots? Because I can get some.
  20. Mereth

Mereth Active Member

I would like the content of the "LOG" tab.
    Btw, PAMM doesn't need to be able to start PA for mods to works. PAMM is just a mod manager which avoid manual & complex files manipulation (when it works ^^).