Use the In-Game Community Mods - Cross Platform PA Mod Manager (PAMM) is Obsolete

Discussion in 'Released Mods' started by Mereth, May 24, 2014.

1. Aryzing

Aryzing Member

When I pin PAMM to taskbar, a weird thing happens. I get an "Atom Shell" icon pinned, and when I click on it, PAMM opens, and an icon adjacent to the Atom Shell one opens with PAMM. Could you please fix it so that this doesnt happen? Thanks
    pammscreenshot.png
  2. stuart98

stuart98 Post Master General

3. judicatorofgenocide

judicatorofgenocide Active Member

hum, without pa mods, i don't mod.............returning from long hiatus (once again bored of masters sc2) how do we get this to work colin? P.S. Have you regained your former glory in the 1v1 scene or has the state of the game economy wise left you dormant for all this time? If it has, Im sorry, cuz your a meaningful actions per minute player, and I suggest you take a break and revisit star craft 2 as skill is rewarded and balance is valued for both cheese and eco minded players, then when the world gets tiresome come back to PA. Its a nice refresher to realize ever expanding and multi pronged pushes are possible in 1v1 rts
  4. mikeyh

mikeyh Post Master General

If you're a mod creator that has tested on Titans (and it works) please update your mod with a titans category.
  5. wondible

wondible Post Master General

All of them? ;^)

I had been using that tag for mods that required titans or had gameplay significant effects from using titans units as a base. Anything that has been updated since has been tested (and works unless noted otherwise), though a few could still use refinement.
  6. mikeyh

Yep... over time ;-)
  7. wondible

wondible Post Master General

Tag analysis. I did it so I can think about pruning underused tags, but perhaps others can do the same.

Attached Files:

dom314, Quitch and DeathByDenim like this.
  8. mikeyh

DeathByDenim likes this.
  9. Layarion

Layarion New Member

i'm more than annoyed that i can't set the destination folder. every time something happens to my computer and i forget to specifically back this file up i have to find all my mods again.

where all my other programs i just install on a secondary hdd
  10. mikeyh

The default location for windows and OS X is inside your user / home directory so that should be backed up automatically if you have backups.

Usually those files are not lost in a repair / reinstall / upgrade unless the disk is wiped or crashed.

Mods have to be loaded from specific locations in the PA directory and from a security perspective our preference is to limit where PAMM writes files. ie only the PA directory.

Custom designed systems and mod settings are also stored in local storage within the PA directory. You should also export your custom designed systems.

You'll be losing more than just mods if you lose your user / home directory and have no backups.
    Quitch likes this.
  11. 1miniskidi

1miniskidi New Member

I get an error when i open PAMM :

PAMM failed to update itself to 1.4.0 (Error: EPERM,
    operation not permitted 'c:\Users\(computer's username here)\AppData\Local\Uber
    Entertainment\Planetary Annihilation\pamm\resources
    \app')

But PAMM still opens and PAMM seems to work fine and it can install mods and the mods work in the game.
    My game folders are usually in my hard disk, NOT in the computer's memory, and i have a feeling
    that PAMM gets confused from where my game files are... but can still Install mods there?!?

But when i close PAMM and open it again i get this:

Welcome to Atom Shell
    To run your app with atom shell, execute the following command under your Console (or Terminal):
    C:\Users\(your computer's username)\AppData\Local\Uber Entertainment\Planetary Annihilation\pamm\pamm.exe path-to-your-app
    The path-to-your-app should be the path to your own atom-shell app, you can read the quick start guide in atom-shell's docs on how to write one.
    Or you can just drag your app here to run it:
    *Drag your app here to run it*

I don't know what to do, but re-installing PAMM seems to work, but its really annoying to re-install it every time i open it...

I have:
    Windows 10

PA: TITANS (steam version)
    i don't have the normal PA, i only have the TITANS version.
  12. DeathByDenim

DeathByDenim Post Master General

That sounds kind weird. Do you still have enough disk space on your C: drive?
    Otherwise it may be some weird permission settings. The easiest thing to try is probably to delete the PAMM folder entirely and just reinstall. So go to "%LOCALAPPDATA%\Uber Entertainment\Planetary Annihilation" by copy-pasting that location in the address bar of Explorer. Then delete the folder called "pamm" there. And then reinstall PAMM.
  13. 1miniskidi

1miniskidi New Member

Sorry, but this trick did not work :(
    and i have 404 Gt left on my local hard drive (C:
    Is that enough? :p
  14. infuscoletum

infuscoletum Active Member

Run/install as administrator?
  15. 1miniskidi

1miniskidi New Member

nope, run as an administrator did not work...

EDIT: i don't know what happened, but after couple of tries, PAMM said:
    Succesfully updated to 1.4.0 , PAMM has to be restarted
    (or something like that)

Im sorry for pepole who had the same problem...
    Last edited: January 10, 2016
  16. KnavishPlum

KnavishPlum Active Member

ok, so I just got the file, but it did not install where it was stated it would, it just ended up in my downloads, went to the PA area and did not find it in the folders. does it need to be there? or can I just run it? have Windows versions.

just got the MSI, can I just make a shortcut and call it a day? or am I supposed to something else?
  17. proeleert

proeleert Post Master General

You have to execute the msifile it's an installationfile.
  18. thetrophysystem

thetrophysystem Post Master General

Question. Is the OP still the current method of publishing a mod to PAMM?

Also, is it still the method to remove older mods that you published that are outdated, or are those still there for archiving?
  19. Quitch

Quitch Post Master General

Yep, this is still current.

To remove your mod just provide the published path of the latest version and you will be offered the option to retire it.
  20. trollzor1997

trollzor1997 New Member

Hey guys,
    I've got a problem with the game directory. I've changed the steam library directory to my D: drive because it is for my games, but pamm now does not find the PA.exe anymore.
    So is it possible to give pamm the game directory by myself so that it finds the PA.exe and that I can launch PA from pamm?