Use the In-Game Community Mods - Cross Platform PA Mod Manager (PAMM) is Obsolete

Discussion in 'Released Mods' started by Mereth, May 24, 2014.

1. archer6621

archer6621 New Member

How do I make it run with PA: TITANS?

For some reason it keeps launching the old PA and I can't change the install folder in PAMM's settings.
  2. stuart98

stuart98 Post Master General

You probably can't until it gets updated. Doesn't matter, Titans will still load the enabled mods.
  3. chevy1965

chevy1965 New Member

No it just freezes... instead of loading the mods or cheats. So I decided to only have cheat allow create unit and tick the sandbox option but nothing shows now.

So yes PAMM needs updated
  4. DeathByDenim

DeathByDenim Post Master General

You should PA: Titans once manually. PAMM scans the logs to find the path to PA and will use the latest. So after you've run PA once, PAMM should pick it up.
    infuscoletum likes this.
  5. infuscoletum

infuscoletum Active Member

That's what happened for me in linux
  6. trinitum

trinitum New Member

he still runs the old version, even when I removed it and left the Titans:(
  7. dakrisis

dakrisis New Member

For a quick fix:

Open pamm.js in a text editor such as notepad (not wordpad or word!) located in the following folder:

C:\Users\[INSERT USERNAME HERE]\AppData\Local\Uber Entertainment\Planetary Annihilation\pamm\resources\app\assets\js

On line 1288 you will find the steam link that will be called when you press 'Launch PA' in PAMM. The line looks like this:

shell.openExternal('steam://rungameid/233250');

Change the number (the game ID) to 386070, so the line looks like this:

shell.openExternal('steam://rungameid/386070');

If you have PAMM open, close it and start it again. Now the button should work.
    Last edited: August 21, 2015
    temeter and Quitch like this.
  8. mysticalfists

mysticalfists Member

Howdy,
    How do I go about having a mod removed? Uber says MysticalFists AI Skirmish Titans Cheats is a no go! Will also post in the PAMM thread.
  9. stuart98

stuart98 Post Master General

10. cwarner7264

cwarner7264 Moderator Alumni

11. mikeyh

mikeyh Post Master General

I would pause that until more mods are updated.

Last thing we need right now is new players with a broken titans experience.
  12. cwarner7264

cwarner7264 Moderator Alumni

What I have done, @stuart98, is to put redirects of the stickied threads in this subforum in the corresponding locations on the PA:T subforum.
  13. cheetored20

cheetored20 New Member

Is anyone crashing after entering the lobby?
  14. min473

min473 New Member

help,i just installed PAMM and now i cannot load planets or add ai's,the galactic war works fine but i just installed a few mods.
  15. DeathByDenim

DeathByDenim Post Master General

In PAMM, go to the tab "UI MODS" and click on "Disable All". Everything should go back to normal now.
    Then activate half of your mods and try again. If PA breaks, the offending mod is in the half you activated. So disable half of those and try again until you find the mod that's breaking PA.

When you have found the mod that is breaking your PA, click on the [forum] link and leave a post for the author to fix the mod.
  16. antmanx2

antmanx2 New Member

Anyway to have addons sync across multiple computers?

I don't mind if I have to do it manually, however it would be awesome to have a snyc, perhaps we have to create an account and all mods that we have installed will show and we can choose to install them on the current one.

Would this be possible?
  17. tatsujb

tatsujb Post Master General

18. Mereth

Mereth Active Member

I have a PoC of this on my computer from long time ago, but sadly it was way too unstable: the large files manipulations were crashing Atom Shell/Electron HARD.
  19. Mereth

Mereth Active Member

Made some more tries with my old test app, and it finally working with the latest version of Electron (former Atom Shell). The problem lies in the x86 version when it need to manipulate the 520MiB audio file :
    • atom-shell-v0.19.5-win32-ia32 -> unrecoverable Atom crash while reading the file
    • electron-v0.33.4-win32-ia32 -> "Uncaught RangeError: Invalid array buffer length" error while reading the file
    • electron-v0.33.4-win32-x64 -> working fine
    If anyone want to "play" with it, or even better find a way to integrate this in PAMM, the sources are available : https://github.com/mereth/pa-launcher :)
    tatsujb likes this.
  20. Quitch

Quitch Post Master General

If you update a deactivated mod, it's activated but its dependencies are not.