Use the In-Game Community Mods - Cross Platform PA Mod Manager (PAMM) is Obsolete

Discussion in 'Released Mods' started by Mereth, May 24, 2014.

1. Raevn

Raevn Moderator Alumni

The new installer was created by @Mereth, he'll need to have a look. One possibility is that it is a 64 bit installer attempting to be run on a 32 bit OS; but I can't tell if the installer is 64 bit or not, or whether @herodotus07 has 32 or 64 bit Windows.
  2. herodotus07

herodotus07 New Member

FIXED! It was Avast being overly sensitive. Turn off AV and it downloads and installs just fine.
    Last edited: December 2, 2014
    killerkiwijuice likes this.
  3. Mereth

Mereth Active Member

A msi setup isn't platform dependent because it isn't an executable, it's more like a package, which is run by the Windows Installer service. Almost all installation issues are because of AV/AM making silently more than they should.
    herodotus07 likes this.
  4. Raevn

Raevn Moderator Alumni

MSI's can be made to only install on 32 or 64 bit OSs though (although that's not the case here).
    I only suggested it because you get similar errors when attempting to run 64 bit programs on a 32 bit OS.
  5. Bloxxxi

Bloxxxi New Member

!SOLVED PROBLEM!
    You have to turn off all your anti-virus or malware! THEN Download it! Worked for me fine!:D
  6. Bloxxxi

Bloxxxi New Member

To all the users who can't find the exe file of pamm:
    Disable all your Anti-virus, maleware and spyware programmes!
    THEN download pamm!
    Worked for me fine!:D
  7. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

Which AV software did you have enabled at first?
  8. herodotus07

herodotus07 New Member

I had to turn off AVAST. The only problem is, even though I have added it to Avast;s exclusion list, whenever I start/re-start my PC the icon is deleted from the desktop. Have to shortcut the *exe every time. Right royal pain.

*Darned captchas...I loathe them!*
  9. VideoMakerGuy

VideoMakerGuy New Member

Hello, I need some help. The first time I downloaded this it worked completely fine, and now when I try to load it, it shows the main page for a second then white screens. I have tried anything and everything I could think of, I restarted my computer, re installed PAMM, reinstalled Planetary Annihilation, and even went into the mod folders deleting the mods I downloaded before reinstalling PA. I have a windows 32 bit ASUS computer. All suggestions appreciated.
  10. VideoMakerGuy

VideoMakerGuy New Member

Hello, I am back. I figured I should post some pictures so you guys could see the issue, although I have no idea what it is having reinstalled PA mod manager about 20 times. Hope this helps, would love some feedback.

Attached Files:

11. stuart98

stuart98 Post Master General

For some strange reason all of @maldor96's server mods were bugged (PAMM Server modlist had a version number lower than what was in the zip). I've fixed all of them except for roll-off remover, which you'll have to fix. It might be worth looking into what's causing this to happen.
  12. Mereth

Mereth Active Member

It's not "strange". @maldor96 use the download link to the master branch, instead of a commit or tag, so every time he push a commit, even for development purpose, the downloadable zip contains the new state.

https://github.com/pamods/pamm-atom/issues/10 ;)
    It's a known issue on some computer where AtomShell crash hard when using the resize API. I have an idea to mitigate the problem, but I didn't had time to implement it (aka, stop trying to resize on next pamm start if it has failed once).
  13. Maldor96

Maldor96 Active Member

@stuart98 @Mereth I need to look into updating my mods anyway and I might need to change the way I do things.
    Edit: @stuart98 I recently had a fight with github and git about a issue which was causing this issue, PM me more on this issue and I'll look into it a lot more when I get the chance.
    Edit 2: looked into it more and found a mod batch size limit which rollover remover was exceeding, turns out that papa files are somewhat large... Anyway Rollover has been trimmed from 41 MB to around 47 KB. Now I shouldn't hitting the limit :)
    Last edited: December 8, 2014
    stuart98 likes this.
  14. minimeatwad

minimeatwad New Member

gyazo dot com/af3a7711870f53c9c1042bb856abcb15
    gyazo dot com/cb92ee3880681bbb72efc8cc8bdc2a9a
    ^photos/screenshots

Doesn't work, searched how to fix, disabled anti-viruses, used everything, All of them won't work.
    I have a 64 bit OS on vista.

Attached Files:

15. cptconundrum

cptconundrum Post Master General

@Mereth
    Would it be possible to add a modinfo.json attribute that would allow mod creators to specify that one and only one server mod should be active? Most of them create conflicts with each other and users don't always understand that this is the cause of their issues.
  16. minimeatwad

minimeatwad New Member

I'm concerned because this won't work for my computer and since EVERY SINGLE GOOD MOD is only installable on this, of course i want to install it, Also if i don't get any replies in 1 week i'll not recommend this to my friends nor anyone, as they're not helping with the problem.
  17. cola_colin

From the error messages I'd assume either you are missing some service pack or other framework kind of thing for your windows vista or for some reason it doesn't work on vista in general.
  18. cola_colin

suspected bug: Installing a mod that requires a cheat does not enable the cheat mod, but enables the new mod.
  19. bengeocth

bengeocth Post Master General

can someone help me? this isnt running, its just a white screen
  20. rustyballs

rustyballs New Member

hello i just get PA Stream: none at the bottom of page game will not work on it

Attached Files: