Use the In-Game Community Mods - Cross Platform PA Mod Manager (PAMM) is Obsolete

Discussion in 'Released Mods' started by Mereth, May 24, 2014.

1. trialq

trialq Post Master General

@antmanx2
    Works for me. First off, do you have special characters in the path, second are you on a locked down account?
  2. killerkiwijuice

killerkiwijuice Post Master General

I'm not sure if this has been known, but sometimes when I host a game with a server mod enabled it doesn't show at the bottom left corner for the host, but the people that join can see it.
  3. Quitch

Quitch Post Master General

PAMM is showing (3) next to the AI filter, but there's only one AI mod. It appears that while it correctly only displays the latest version of a mod, the filter count doesn't account for this.
  4. Raevn

Raevn Moderator Alumni

The filters don't look like they take into account Client (UI)/Server, so 3 is the total number across both (2 in client/UI, 1 in server)
    Quitch likes this.
  5. stuart98

stuart98 Post Master General

This happens when you change the system before the mod has loaded.
  6. Planktum

Planktum Post Master General

@Mereth

Please add an option on the installed mods page:

Show Only: Enabled Mods/Disabled Mods
    Last edited: November 16, 2014
    wondible likes this.
  7. Planktum

Planktum Post Master General

@Mereth

Would also be helpful to know which mods are confirmed working with the current stable build.

Maybe just a flag on the Mod which states whether the mod is in active development. Every time a new stable build of PA is released the flag would be reset (not-active) and the developer would need to push this back to active once tested 99% working.

Some of the mods have been deprecated but they are still sitting on PAMM.
    Last edited: November 16, 2014
  8. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

I think I found a bug:

3 Mods: A, B and C

A depends on B, B depends on C

Enabling A does not enable B or C, I would expect it to walk the dependency chain and enable all of them, as it stands it seems not to even enable B when I enable A.
    I think my dependency setup is correct though, as disabling B does disable A.

EDIT:
    Hmm even A depends on C alone does not activate C, but disabling C disables A.
    Weird. Guess I will push the mod once it is ready and we'll see if other have the same issue.
  9. Mereth

Mereth Active Member

The dependency manager use online data, which is relevant when you install/update mods, not so much for enabling/disabling mods. It could be what's causing this weird behavior, because this scenario was working, at least before I modify the system to allow cyclic dependencies.
  10. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

Hmm yeah, I was modified my local modinfo.json, so who knows what that does.
  11. Fr33Lancer

Fr33Lancer Well-Known Member

Having some issue here to visualize both Installed Client / Server Mods
    upload_2014-11-17_23-3-7.png
    Not much in logs :
    upload_2014-11-17_23-2-43.png
    And jsonlint validates AppData\Local\Uber Entertainment\Planetary Annihilation\mods\rPAMM\ui\mods\mods_list.json

I naively tried to uninstall / reinstall, to no avail :(

Any way to avoid killing everything with fire and start from scratch ? :rolleyes:
    Last edited: November 17, 2014
  12. Mereth

Mereth Active Member

It's either the mods.json or one of the modinfo.json which is broken. It can't be one the files in mods\rPAMM\ui\mods\, they are only written by PAMM. I thought you would have more clues if it was one of the modinfo.json, but I don't remember exactly what's the behavior in this case and I can't test this before tonight (~8h).
    Fr33Lancer likes this.
  13. Fr33Lancer

I think I also checked mods.json with jsonlint. Also tried with only rPAMM in it, if I recall correctly.
    I'll have to check modinfo.json tonight then, too bad the logs doesn't pinpoint it :(
    Thing is, I don't remember touching a thing / updating a mod.

Is it also normal that a broken client modinfo.json also break the installed server mod view ?
    I don't have any of these except stock cheat ones from Uber.
  14. Mereth

Mereth Active Member

An invalid modinfo.json should failed silently (missing mod, and log entry added), but an invalid mods.json in mods/client_mods or server_mods directories can generate this kind of error. Could you remove them both and see if it fix the issue ?
    Fr33Lancer likes this.
  15. Fr33Lancer

Just checked mods.json from server folder (forgot it yesterday, didn't think about it since I never installed any server mod) and it's full of "NUL" garbage ...
    No idea how it ended up like that.
    Thanks for the help, as usual ( :cool: ), much appreciated ;)
  16. Mereth

Mereth Active Member

Np, my bad, lazy error handling is always an issue :rolleyes:
  17. jetf0x

jetf0x New Member

Ive been unable to get PA mod manager to locate Planetary Annihilation on install? Anyway i can manually add it
  18. Nicb1

Nicb1 Post Master General

I was just having an issue with pamm that popped up today and was hoping you guys could help.
    Basically when I view my ui mods or server mods I get this.
    [​IMG]
  19. DeathByDenim

DeathByDenim Post Master General

That's not the same problem that Fr33Lancer had a few posts up? Is the mods.json in the server_mods folder also screwed up in the same way for you?
  20. Nicb1

Nicb1 Post Master General

Oh didn't notice that Fr33Lancer posted the same issue. Not entirely clear on what I should be doing to fix the issue though.

EDIT:
    My mods.json is filled with Null stuff as well.
    EDIT 2:
    The mods.json that I looked at is in the sever_mods folder.