[Updated 27-12-2011] MyMNCServer - Server Management Tool

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat PC Discussion' started by LennardF1989, December 26, 2010.

1. o

o Head Honcho Official PA

Looking good Lennard. Don't hesitate to email me if you need any engine/game support from our end to make your work easier. o@uberent.com . As you know I've already begun some work on the WebAdmin stuff as well.
  2. LennardF1989

LennardF1989 Uber Contractor

Likewise if you need any further help with the WebAdmin interface.
  3. o

So what are the core features that admins need out of a web admin tool? Want to make sure we at least get the fundamentals in there.
  4. Diablohead

Diablohead New Member

I would say being able to see ingame talk/chat is a biggie, if someone were to call for help due to a cheater the admin can spot it or reply. I remember being able to read stuff back in ut2003 while hosting a dedicated :lol:
  5. LennardF1989

I would say the following:
    - Sending admin commands to ban/kick people
    - Chatting along and retrieving chats, after that programmers could write programs that get triggered by user commands like !admin or even add stuff like HLStats.
    - Able to manipulate map rotation live, for example: NextMap <MapName>, this can be used to introduce mapvoting.
    - Status command, which allows you to retrieve all players and their stats from the server (skill layout, played characters, endorsements, etc, think Battlefield stats), as well as serverstatus command. This will be extremely useful to create stat-trackers. Be sure to add some line to the log to indiciate the match is over, so one could safely retrieve all stats at the end of a round. Or print out stats at the end of the round by default.
    - MOTD after you joined a server, or while loading including sponsor-image.
    - Some mechanic to print selection menu's on the screen of players and close them, too. Using a console command or something.
    - Broadcasting message, a message which is displayed on everyone's screen.
    - Player-specific broadcasting message
    - Multi-user login to the WebAdmin interface
  6. Llamatron

Llamatron New Member

Wouldn't it be possible to add a leaver tracking in MyMNCServer? It seems to me the join/leave messages and end of round are already displayed in the log? It could allow hosts to protect their server from leavers if it's coupled with a system automatically banning players who have over a given % of matchs they left before the end, with the choice of being a permanent or temporary ban.
  7. grimbar

grimbar New Member

So we have to endure someone wasting time just so we don't get a leaver mark? I hardly leave but sometimes you know there are valid reasons for it, a leaver system can't cope with that
  8. LennardF1989

Yes, that would be possible, but as grimbar said I do not agree with the way it's applied. The only time I left was because some jerk was going all-nuts on voicechat and I couldn't coop with his idiotic behaviour any longer, even though I was top-player of the team (scoreboard-wise that is).

Sometimes there are reasons you can't see in a "<player> left the arena" message.

But considering people won't temporary ban someone for only a one-time leave, I'll think about it, but it will not be MyMNCServer wide, only specific to that one server it occured on.
  9. Crownless

Crownless New Member

Was Blitz ever added to this? If it is Im having issues finding how to run it.
  10. LennardF1989

It's not possible to start a blitz-server from the command-line yet, unfortunately.
  11. TheGrimLavaLamp

TheGrimLavaLamp New Member

(Preemptive sorry if this has already been suggested)
    I think a cool feature would be the ability to add reserved slots to a server based on SteamID.

To me it wouldn't make any particular difference if this didn't allow more than 12-n people off the reserved list to join, where n is the number of people on the list, or if it just booted someone at random in order to allow anyone on the reserved list to join.

Would be nice to easily reliably let my friends on to my server even in the middle of a round.
  12. LennardF1989

Indeed, I forgot to add reserved slots (or private slots) to the list of features to be added to WebAdmin.

Although harse, but when someone joins who has a reserved space but the server is already full, the least useful player should be kicked from either team.
  13. CCSarge

CCSarge New Member

I'll admit upfront that I haven't read the thread, so my humble apologies if this has been addressed. I was wondering whether it was possible to add support for hosting Blitz games into this tool - mainly because my friends can't get hosting correctly so it would be nice to have the ability to host dedicated games - specifically Blitz games with a password if that's possible!

Thanks for the work thus far :)
  14. nfs924

nfs924 New Member

Excellent tool Lennard, I appreciate the time you spent developing this. :D

Only problem I'm having is the endless loop of DevNet errors. At first I thought it only was happening during map changes, but after further investigation it seems that its happening randomly.

15. LennardF1989

I have reported that issue to Uber earlier, odd thing is it only seems to happen when using my tool but I have no idea why because I use the recommended command-line.
  16. KrazySteel

KrazySteel New Member

Can this tool be used for Rented servers or no??
  17. LennardF1989

Be my guest, it's free for non-commercial and commercial usage. There might be some licensee agreement in future versions in regard to commercial usage, but you will never have to pay me for it.
  18. ohknee

ohknee New Member

Do any ports need to be opened? I've been running it for a few hours and no hits at all. Default settings except blsDedicated is set to True, and the server name and password obviously.

I tried finding it myself in the global server browser and it wasn't there, but it was in the local tab. Not sure if this is normal or not, but when I joined the lobby, the "game starts in x seconds" started right away, instead of waiting for at least 2 players.

Also, I'm getting an error while retrieving the ban list. It seems to retrieve something anyways, does the list look right?

[​IMG]
  19. o

This message spam is our fault. I'll make sure it gets fixed in the next update. In the short term if you want to eliminate it from your log file, add a Suppress=DevNet line to your HostileEngine.ini (search for the other suppress lines and add it at the end of the list.)
  20. LennardF1989

@ohknee:
    That error is caused by the ACCEPT:* line already in your config. For a quick fix: remove your HostileAccess.ini from My Document/My Games/UnrealEngine3/HostileGame/Config and re-retrieve the list. This will be fixed in the next update.