Update 8 [5/18/11]

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat PC Discussion' started by [Knovocaine], May 18, 2011.

1. Im Hudson

Im Hudson New Member

All pub teams really need to learn is to follow their juiced players into the base and make sure the bots are destroyed as soon as they spawn.

Tanks and Gunners can still eat turrets, they just can't eat whole bases. Welcome change IMO.
  2. President Barackbar

President Barackbar New Member

I would agree with you if it didn't seem like 90% of the people who play the game have no intention of playing it the way its designed.
  3. daztora

daztora New Member

Yeah totally agree, you have to follow up juiced players now, alot of them just lone wolf it and get destroyed and accuse people of hacking etc
  4. Awpteamoose

Awpteamoose Active Member

We just had a skillplay and our "internal playtest" kinda didn't work out, to be honest.
  5. Myst

Myst New Member

to expand a little:
    in one game we got the ball down and did a bit of damage to it, but enemy team managed to defend and get it back up. They then started pushing us hard with 2 minutes to go (even hacked one of our level 3 rockit ring turrets), but game ended before they could be rewarded for their efforts in OT.

Sucked for them as they felt they worked so hard for nothing, and felt like a hollow victory for us as they were outplaying us by the end.

Changing OT back to normal but keeping juice nerf would feel a lot better.
  6. LTGH0ST

LTGH0ST New Member

it sad to say this butttttttt. MNC is dead :( well its dying, please DO SOME THING UBER!
  7. NeoCyberman

NeoCyberman Active Member

With the exception of the OT change and some parts of the juice change I do feel that MNC has changed enough for another advertising push.

I would suggest going with the percentage idea where the balls have to be within range of each others damage to initiate overtime. I would boost damage to turrets while juiced to keep it team oriented but not to dependent on an ally's competence.

I you do the free weekend you will have to have a better tutorial or education system in play to keep people from getting immediately frustrated. Something that should have been worked on a long time ago but I digress.
  8. FatCatAttack

FatCatAttack New Member

I played a few games (still hard for me to find servers at all) and had to bite the bullet and got over a hundred ping just now on the dreaded 45 minute slobber knocker server...and it work it out just great! The games were more intense and people seemed to be less kill whorey and focused on the objective.

You don't necessarily have to communicate just pick a buddy who seems to know what they're doing and follow him/her around while they are glowing especially.

The juice change is a good first step. Perhaps to help the new people understand the new spearhead method let juiced players give off a Bacon aura like the TF2 buff banner effects so if someone is near a juiced player they get buffs.

Turrents NEED to be dangerous and this a good a change as well.

I've seen a couple of competitive type games that Xenonox posted on his youtube and if the PC is anything like that you all are just going to have adapt. You can't just peck at each and until you have juice. Like in TF2 you may have to bomb in with a suicide unit to do some damage.
  9. BroTranquilty

BroTranquilty New Member

Everyone on the PC hates overtime. Everyone before the PC loves overtime. Why this is idk, but I cringed at this too.

I feel that if I join a game late, and my team has a little moneyball health gone, then I might as well leave because my 1 man comeback is no longer possible EVEN IF I manage to carry my team into bringing the moneyball back up (which is hard against a good team) and keep it up.

BTW, I see a contradiction. You guys don't like overtime, but you don't like the moneyball shields being so easy to keep down either. Herp, derp, herp again.
  10. Z-UNIT

Z-UNIT Active Member

who said pc players dont like ot?
    from what i have seen on the forums and in game 90% of people hate the change to ot
  11. BroTranquilty

BroTranquilty New Member

http://mondaynightcombat.org/forums/vie ... =27&t=8202

After the devs took the time to listen to the community, implement a change they thought everyone wanted, and recieving this feedback for it, they are probably saying this...
    [​IMG]
  12. TheWilder

TheWilder New Member

Good old times...When I joined a pub...Used all force to get the game to the OT, because my team was loosing...Told my team just to defend and that I will win the game...Bought juice...Won and before I did so, I headcrabed the moneyball and pressed taunt+explosion for epic showoff...*cryes a river*
  13. DelBoy

DelBoy New Member

I remember being in one of those particular matches ages ago. You were a shining star of hope to all. 100% satisfaction guarantee.

...did you do that same motivation speech for every match that was like that? :lol:
  14. TheWilder

TheWilder New Member

Actualy...yes :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
    Damn, too bad that my sig haves too many letters and that Verdens quote describes our play style so well, otherwise i would add your there :D
  15. Cameo

Cameo Member

Just want to add that I actually like a lot of changes this new patch brings.
    The OT change is good in the basics but i think the trigger for skipping OT should be a fixed percentage like 15-25% difference between money balls. To counter the scenario of just tapping the money ball (the teams are clearly is matched if they don't get more than a scratch over the other team). Also i think juice should be further balanced (as always.. ;) ) but it's a good start.
  16. AARPS

AARPS New Member

What about OT triggering if no one has less than 20% (or whatever) damage, instead of relative to each other? That preserves the fact that if you won during regular time you should get the win, but it also forces players to push on beyond the '1 shot then turtle up' tactic.
  17. [Knovocaine]

[Knovocaine] New Member

IDK that really doesn't solve the problem with OT though. The enemy team could still turtle until they have 25% and just juice dive on the enemy base in OT. Essentially what would happen before the patch.

I actually had a really intense match today with the new system. They tapped our ball for around 10-15% and proceeded to turtle until the two minute warning. The countdown started, I changed to gunner, bought juice, and it seemed like my entire team joined up to pierce thru the enemy base. We dropped the ball with 11 seconds left and unleashed upon it, taking the lead with about two seconds left. Was great fun, and the most memorable experience I have had in a while on MNC.

The only problem with this is that it took 5-6 players, and in most pubs you just don't find that kind of coordination.
  18. AARPS

AARPS New Member

I'm not getting you here, maybe I need more coffee..? To be clear I mean if both money balls are at 80% health or higher OT is triggered, if either ball gets pushed below 80% health then the team with the most health wins, no OT.

I guess maybe I'm getting you, you could still have games where one team is full turtle, you never break in and they rush you in OT. But that's the way it is now so... that's probably not it.
  19. [Knovocaine]

[Knovocaine] New Member

I see, I thought you meant that if the ball was below 20% OT wouldn't trigger. I still think it is a safer bet to make it so there needs to be a difference. If both teams have a pretty even match and both balls are at like 10% I don't want the outcome of the game to come down to a single bullet. IDK maybe I just like the old system more, but I feel as if the game is close both teams deserve a shot to pull out a clutch win. ;)
  20. zarakon

zarakon Active Member

I really disliked overtime, so I enjoy this patch

My biggest problem with overtime is that it placed far too much importance on the few seconds around the start of OT. One unfortunate death at the wrong time would cost you the whole game.

The next biggest problem is that OT is hugely class-biased. Assaults and assassins are amazing, gunners are godawful..