Update 8 [5/18/11]

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat PC Discussion' started by [Knovocaine], May 18, 2011.

1. hostileparadox

hostileparadox Well-Known Member

QFT

I am so disliking MNC right now with these 2 changes to juice and OT. :|
  2. zarakon

zarakon Active Member

I actually really like the overtime change. Before, too many games were decided just by who had the most assaults/assassins or who happened to be alive at the moment OT started. Now most victories go to the team that was actually in control for most of the game.

The number of games that go "drop it then turtle" seem far fewer than the number of "turtle until OT" games that happened before.

My only complaints about the update are that they didn't fix some of the annoying issues (like jump+charge) and the reduction in juiced damage against turrets. The other reductions of juice, particularly the reduced defenses and reduced moneyball damage, actually make overtime more interesting when it does happen, since it's much less likely that one player will take out 80% of the ball health.

The turret thing just really bothers me.. As assault I use gold RoF and bronze clip size, which is almost ideal for taking out turrets while juiced. I can spend an ENTIRE juice hitting a level 2 rockit that's being healed, and still not be able to take it down. Lv3s are iffy even without healing, and impossible for anyone but a juiced gunner if they're being healed.
  3. hostileparadox

hostileparadox Well-Known Member

But before you had a chance to turn things around, you still had hope for a reversal if the the other team focused so much on offense that they dropped their guard on defense. You could maybe sneak into the enemy base while your team held off the attackers. Now it's very disappointing, watching that timer count down, knowing you can't do a damn thing about it :(

Also, the juice nerf was too much. You feel like its almost useless against a turret with a Support nearby. Unless you're the Gunner.
  4. zarakon

zarakon Active Member

Increase juiced damage vs turrets -> Turtling less viable -> Everyone happy?
  5. NeoCyberman

NeoCyberman Active Member

I've been suggesting this for a time. I think it should work.

Other than that the percentage idea from Aarps for moneyball damage.