Update 6 is out!

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat PC Discussion' started by Ekanaut, January 20, 2011.

1. wubnasty

wubnasty New Member

You do realize that the Assassin's grapple is a direct counter to the charge, right? Assassins should win a head-on charge from an Assault every time. Whether they charge at point blank or from nearly the full charge length away, your grapple will counter them every single time.

Charging head-on towards an Assassin is certain death vs experienced players.

A well played Assassin absolutely destroys an Assault. Don't expect you can just walk up to players and get kills when playing that class, it takes a bit more effort than that unless playing novices.

Assassins have a high skill cap, as do Assaults. It sounds like you're just running into some quality players. There are people out there that make every class look OP with how well they use the class' abilities.
  2. zarakon

zarakon Active Member

Assault is good at killing pros 1v1. That's his thing, so yeah he's gonna have a lot of positive matchups there.

His bot-killing is average. Turret busting is below average. Staying power in a base siege is below average.

There's more to the game than being able to win fights with other players.
  3. cyzmyass

cyzmyass New Member

I agree with assault being average on bot killing, but strongly disagree hes below average in turret killing, he is well above average, grenades and bombs are very effective together.
  4. Providence

Providence New Member

Assassin, tank, gunner are much better than assault at taking out turrets. How is assault above average? :lol:
  5. MikeyTWolf

MikeyTWolf New Member

With Assault I'd understand, call it ninja reflexes vs. a quarterback (or whatever position he would be in Rugby For Pansies).

But I'm still pretty pissed whenever this happens to a TANK. Who is a GIANT FIREBALL whenever he does his charge, and who, lest we forget, is supposed to be an ASSASSIN COUNTER HIMSELF. :/
  6. WylieTimes

WylieTimes New Member

Personally, I think you shouldn't be able to grapple players charging - but that might just be me >.>

It's kind of annoying when you're like "Got you now..." "Oh... balls..." "Oh well, looks like I'll have to run away.... ha HA--- wait... God damn it".

Queue Assassin jumping and slashing you to bits.
  7. wubnasty

wubnasty New Member

It is kind of a bummer to be grappled out of charges so frequently. Now that Gunner's grapple got buffed so much, it really sucks for Assaults trying to charge them because a lot more will be more aware of their grapple skill rather than forgetting it was even available like before hand.

All the whining about Assaults has kinda caught me by surprise. They're devastating in the right hands, but most Assault players are practically free kills. I just think they have a really high skill cap. For example a mediocre player will do an average job consistently playing with Gunner, Tank, Sniper, and Support. But, a mediocre player using Assault or Assassin will likely just stink up the place. Every class shines when used by the right player, I just think some of the people in this topic were running into really good players. There really is no limit to the Assault class, the best player is gonna dominate with it. Whereas, a really good Gunner and the best Gunner will probably have the same kind of average scores. A really good Assault won't keep up with the best Assault. I don't know if I was able to describe this in a way it makes sense. :oops:
    Last edited: January 22, 2011
  8. faits

faits New Member

I was under the impression that skill-based grapples are supposed to take precedence over weapon-based grapples every time. Which is to say, any time an assassin is out-grappling an assault, gunner or sniper it's due to lag or etc.
  9. wubnasty

wubnasty New Member

We were talking about grapples taking precedence over charges. If someone charges you, you can grapple them to counter their charge, including with weapon grapples.
  10. Providence

Providence New Member

You should definitely not be allowed to grapple a charge. Can dev confirm if this is intended or a bug?
  11. DeadStretch

DeadStretch Post Master General

A perfectly timed grapple is intended to "stop" charging opponents.
    Yay!
    [​IMG]
  12. Llamatron

Llamatron New Member

Is it just me who see ping values varying a lot when refreshing the servers list? I had that with the previous too, the same euro servers displayed ping value can vary between 50 to 200 on each refresh.
  13. scathis

scathis Arbiter of Awesome Uber Alumni

Yes, if you time it perfectly, you can grapple someone out of a charge. It's hard to do, it's usually luck. A lot of times you think you were charging and got grappled has to do with lag.
  14. Mibuwolf

Mibuwolf New Member

I guess I'm having a hard time understanding this. It's a pretty bothersome bug because

1. it appears that you should be charging someone out of the area but instead you get grappled

2. you waste your charge ability and have no ability to escape any longer.
  15. scathis

scathis Arbiter of Awesome Uber Alumni

So what you're saying is you should have no recourse for running straight into an enemy with them having no option for avoiding the damage and knock back?
  16. Providence

Providence New Member

It's not hard to dodge a charge by strafing/jumping...
  17. wubnasty

wubnasty New Member

It's not easy to strafe or jump away from a tank's charge but boy is it sweet to grapple them out of the charge and put a few quick shotty hits to their chest while they panic.
  18. Caliostro

Caliostro New Member

It's not hard to not mindlessly and predictably charge your opponent...
  19. Providence

Providence New Member

If you don't see a big flaming ball charging at you, then you're doing something wrong :lol:
  20. Mail

Mail New Member

Sadly the dinosaurs learned too late.
    [​IMG]