Update 6 is out!

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat PC Discussion' started by Ekanaut, January 20, 2011.

1. Polynomial

Polynomial Moderator Alumni

Again. You need to be smarter in how you attack someone. Using dash into a backstab usually does not provide the victim enough response time to prevent it from happening.

And I don't see the many more people that agree with you posting in this thread.
  2. ThisGuy_83

ThisGuy_83 New Member

Just because I decided to come here to let my voice unlike the others so lazy to come here and say anything to do anything about it. I let my self be heard here not for only my self but for others to enjoy this game.

Like I said Assaults spam the float ability they do it randomly so if I dash into a backstab it turns into fail stab doesn't it? plz stop and think about what I've saying before you speak and insult me skill or knowledge of experience in this game.
  3. Polynomial

Assaults are not always bunny hopping 24/7. It sounds like you're just telling a bad beats story. I don't think I need to argue with you anymore.
  4. grimbar

grimbar New Member

Unfortunately for you ThisGuy_randomnumber, Polynomial is right.

Regarding the patch, the autobalance isn't spot on yet but a step in the right direction for pub I guess, next up: mp_tournament!
  5. Mail

Mail New Member

This is the part where I tell you your general patronizing tone, run on sentences, and enormous misuse of the word "there" is beginning to grate on my nerves. These spelling corrections are not meant to be angry, because you might have another first language, but they are to help you get better. As assassin, if you get discovered and end up in an unsatisfactory situation, you should be retreating and trying again when their guard is down, no matter the class. You are not a one on one killing machine. In addition, I've never had a problem against assaults as gunner, I out damage them in almost all cases.
  6. ThisGuy_83

ThisGuy_83 New Member

You maybe done argue with me but either way this class need's to get hit with nerf stick something gotta give from list of stuff I said earlier:

Bombs, Cool downs, Charge or less spam win moves.
    Last edited: January 21, 2011
  7. grimbar

grimbar New Member

Hit yourself with the buff stick then, it's called awareness
  8. ThisGuy_83

ThisGuy_83 New Member

I can deal with any class spotting me and killing me on sight when I screw up but when it comes to Assaults they don't haft to try hard to kill anything that is problem.
  9. Myst

Myst New Member

I'd love to see the assault bomb become destructible OR auto-detonate once the skill has recharged.
  10. ThisGuy_83

ThisGuy_83 New Member

Thank YOU!!!.
  11. Polynomial

I'd love to see the Sniper's mine destructible then. Its only fair.

Bombs are generally used as a grenade anyways.
  12. grimbar

grimbar New Member

It is destructible
  13. st0nedpenguin

st0nedpenguin New Member

The fact that you're complaining about the assault class is insulting your skill and knowledge of the game far more than anybody else could.
  14. Myst

Myst New Member

They are - I think bomb is the only area denial tool in the game which is neither destructible (firebase/freeze trap) or on a timer (flak/product grenade/airstrike), which seems a little off to me given its area+damage+ability to be tossed long range.

Edit: Would still want headcrabs to be unavoidable insta-kill though!
    Last edited: January 21, 2011
  15. Polynomial

I just hover over it. XD

I've never tried to destroy it.
  16. Polynomial

The longer an assault lets a bomb sit there the less useful he's being. I want to constantly be using it, not using it as a wall to delay you 4 seconds.
  17. ThisGuy_83

ThisGuy_83 New Member

Dude I'm not asking for Major Nerf I'm asking for something off list to make up for lack of skill this class has I played it Assault and its not right to be that OP.

I mean I know your are supporting the Assault not get to nerf but are you so scared to fight your enemy's and win? instead of just win all the time?.
  18. Myst

Myst New Member

I agree - never meant to imply it was the best use of the bomb. I just want to be able to punish them for it when they try :)
  19. WylieTimes

WylieTimes New Member

The Assassin match up versus Assault isn't that bad.
    Especially as sometimes I get the feeling that Uber paint the Assault up as a semi-counter to Assassin.

Keep in mind that your Smoke Bomb Jump counters the charge and bomb, and, your lunge can easily put you out of the Assault Rifle's damage range, or, around a corner.

And, a Lunge->Face Grapple can be enough to kill a lot of Assaults (Anything below Silver Armour).
    And as the Assault lacks massive late game DPS (unlike Gunner), towards late game for him to get much done at mid ranges with the Assault Rifle, he has to train on a target for a while - which is a good opportunity to sneak up, not to mention when he's using the Grenade Launcher.

I think what you need to just get the hang of, is backing off from a kill when it's too risky. If it looks like the Assault's heard you, just back off.
    I get killed by good assassins often, and, a lot escape me too.
  20. st0nedpenguin

st0nedpenguin New Member

I hardly ever play the assault.