Update 6 is out!

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat PC Discussion' started by Ekanaut, January 20, 2011.

1. Polynomial

Polynomial Moderator Alumni

I don't agree with you at all. Maybe we should play sometime. A good Assault can be as offensive as a Gunner or Tank. His grenade launcher lets him be annoying at long distances.
  2. Liefglinde

Liefglinde New Member

What is this I don't even

He is not mediocre at everything, he is awesome at everything. Honestly, try grenade launching bots. You'll push in to the enemy base easily. Same goes for turrennts. Most people completely overlook the grenade launcher.

Then can and will chase everyone down and massacre them. They have the tools to hit and run, moreso than any other class. I don't understand where the mediocrity is.
  3. ThisGuy_83

ThisGuy_83 New Member

Problems with Assault are:

* Bomb's are far to powerful

1.) They can ring out = A instance death
    2.) They can set you fire = After burn death
    3.) They are extremely effective if attached to you = You are dead not big surprise
    4.) They can not be destroyed no way of removing them = You see it you are F in the A.
    5.) They have a very low cool down timer = If you survive the first one you will die to the second one coming in about 4 second it took for you to dodge or get around the first one.

* There Gun + Total Recoil + Grandma Betty's elixir = OP

1.) With those Endorsement they can do better job at Gunning people down better than the Gunner.

* There Charge Ring-out is to ridiculous OP

1.) Its more useful than Assassin lunge attack Why dose Assault have this instance Ring-out Move of death that can effective from the front and back? A Assassin's can't even lunge attack grapple perfectly all time and yet there enemy can live with a gold Endorsement of GobiNumb but not a Assault Charge.

2.) Its Cool down just makes its unreasonably unfair. If you managed to live passed bombs his gun and his charge get ready for another charge attack you can't even try to dodge or out run.

3.) It can be used to chase down people with in seconds = Forget taking cover just bend down and take it like a man.

* He can float and spam jump till sun goes down.

1.) Almost impossible to grapple by a Assassin I mean his charge attack is instance grapple of death almost no way living throw it unless you're really lucky.

2.) Its can be Spamed I've seen Assaults use it just to be 2 feet off the ground not to get grappled and to kill Assassin's that dare to attempt grapple them.

In general the Assault is not the Jack of all trades master of None hes the King of all Trades Master of ALL.
    Last edited: January 21, 2011
  4. Polynomial

You've listed all the reasons Uber made the assault like they did.

Gunners murder Assaults with their dual mini gun. There's no way an Assault can out DPS a Gunner with his rifle.

Floating is supposed to counter Assassin grapple, ask Scathis. It was very intentional.

Assassins and snipers can survive the Charge 3, they just need to use armor.

Bombs are needed for the assault to even hope to compete with Tanks and Gunners.
  5. ThisGuy_83

ThisGuy_83 New Member

1.) I think you have it the other way around.

2.) At such a extent to fact they can almost never be killed by a Assassin? thats just not right and broken if they Intended this they should have just made him grapple proof.

3.) Bombs may be need for Assault to compete with Tanks and Gunners but they need to nerf down to a tone where they can be effective and not to OP right now they are way to OP.
  6. zarakon

zarakon Active Member

I've played gunner, tank, assassin, and assault all about equally. I find that even though I get plenty of pro and bot kills and a ton of money as assault, I have a much harder time actually finishing off a win than with the other classes. Sure he's the best for winning in overtime, but I'd much rather just not go to overtime.

He's relatively weak against turrets. Though the grenade launcher can usually get the job done eventually, he's nowhere near the base-wrecking force of nature that a gunner, tank, or assassin can be.
  7. Providence

Providence New Member

If you're getting owned by bombs, you're being outplayed.
  8. ThisGuy_83

ThisGuy_83 New Member

I've played all the classes when it comes to Assault its just easy mode.

If I see a Assassin I just float and spam my gun at them and charge them if they dare run away.

If I see a Gunner I just look at them and they die.

If I see Tank I drop 1 bomb and poof he gone.

If I see a Support I point my gun at him and rip him a new one if not charge grapple.

If I see a Sniper small challenge but once I toss that bomb poof hes gone.

The Assault is the I win Class I play it I win simple as that he needs to be knocked down a peg or 2.
  9. ThisGuy_83

ThisGuy_83 New Member

If your not getting owned by bombs your not fighting smart Assaults.
  10. Polynomial

Play assassin better! Seriously! You should never go for the face stab! I've played against some reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaally good assassins. I'm definitely not OP against them.

I really don't want to pull the "I've played longer" card, but the way you're arguing appears to me from a lack of experience.

Bombs are fine the way they are. You can build your class accordingly if you REALLY think assault is overpowered.
  11. cyzmyass

cyzmyass New Member

The assault is fine, big deal if hes flying, if you are a sin and your spotted just run away and clear some lanes, come back when assault dont expect you and backstab.

The classes are pretty balanced now.
  12. ThisGuy_83

ThisGuy_83 New Member

I love the part where you tell me to play assassin better shows how mature you are.

Ok now that's out the way I have good experience in the game I have no complainants about any class but this one for good reasons as seen above. I never try to face grapple a Assault I am not stupid but the fact they abuse and spam there floating ability force me to retreat and try again when they have there guard down.

But Retreat is not option dew to how many instance I win botton's they can mash before I try to run for cover or backup. Now this part where you tell me to LRN2PLAY right?
  13. Polynomial

This is where I tell you to use smoke bomb jump.
  14. ThisGuy_83

ThisGuy_83 New Member

This is where I tell you use your Charge Instance win botton.
  15. Polynomial

If I spot you. If you're doing a good job you've already backstabbed me.

Try dashing then backstabbing instead of waltzing your way up to me. Then smoke jump away.
  16. st0nedpenguin

st0nedpenguin New Member

Yes.

You should return to the British accent assault and let me do the voiceover.
  17. scathis

scathis Arbiter of Awesome Uber Alumni

It wasn't a straight up British accent. We were looking for something specific and never found it.
  18. st0nedpenguin

st0nedpenguin New Member

A geordie accent would have been best, then nobody would have even understood what he was saying.
  19. ThisGuy_83

ThisGuy_83 New Member

I do a good job playing Assassin I have no problem with any class but this one and Tanks but Tanks are balanced. The Assault has to many ways to instantly finish some one off without any trouble or skill in my Opinion but that's just my opinion but I can say there are many others that can agree with me.
  20. Polynomial

[​IMG]