Update 6 is out!

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat PC Discussion' started by Ekanaut, January 20, 2011.

1. Mibuwolf

Mibuwolf New Member

Are you guys going to at least consider changing the way autobalance selects players?

Just my opinion, but the LAST person that connects should be autobalanced. Basically, any new player that just joined the game.
  2. Ekanaut

Ekanaut Uber Alumni

You should know by now that we're constantly evaluating the game and looking to improve it. Autobalance is in there as a first pass and it will be improved.
  3. Liefglinde

Liefglinde New Member

LOL. I can't even take these updates seriously anymore. It's so obvious that someone's got a personal vendetta against the Assassin that I don't have words to explain how wrong this is. The Assassin is getting damage against turrents reduced? Are you aware the Juiced Mortars will kill a Level 3 Rockit in about 3 shots? Assassin can't exactly do that.

One thing that makes me even more livid though, is the fact that the Assault STILL remains unchanged. It's like... let's take the most overpowered class, and then not change him. But wait, which class do we hate? Right, the Assassin. Let's nerf that one.

No, it's not another "Wait and play it then see how it is" situation. I have done so for the previous updates, and there are things I absolutely hate about them. So what now? I waited and played. Not like I can do anything. I suppose I'll watch as the Assassin is slowly pushed into the shadows with more and more nerfs.
  4. DeadStretch

DeadStretch Post Master General

5. Mibuwolf

Mibuwolf New Member

My bad. You're right. I'm just disgruntled from today's horrible experiences. :roll:

Oh, and about the assassin nerf... Maybe it was too much, or maybe I haven't given it much of a chance. I just don't like playing assassin anymore and it seems like one assassin can't even destroy one 3.3 rockit turret. :cry:

Oh well, I always have gunner which is my new fav with assault following behind :lol: .
  6. Liefglinde

Liefglinde New Member

QFT. Almost, anyway. When I'm near a level 3 Rockit and I see a Juiced Assassin coming, I grapple her. While she is being grappled, the Rockit should be melting her face. 90% of the time she will be dead after the grapple animation finishes. The other 10% of times I'll kill her before she can really touch the Rockit.
  7. Mastah

Mastah New Member

I remember that, in the end I couldn't tell if I was playing with you or against you, and that goes also for Mikey... Quite disturbing :?
  8. Mibuwolf

Mibuwolf New Member

nvm. Apparently there's 2 uses for QFT... however, a lot of the time trolls use QFT for the meaner version. And I didn't really ever see QFT shortened for quote for truth. It's a first for me. :?:
  9. PKC

PKC New Member

the assassin was OP to the point of broken after the bot increase. QQ more.
  10. st0nedpenguin

st0nedpenguin New Member

I'm still having difficulty wrapping my head round the idea of a developer listening to the playerbase and making changes accordingly.

I think years of MMO play have made this such an alien concept.
  11. grimbar

grimbar New Member

While we're on the topic of everyone giving his oh so educated opinion on balance, how about we force scathis into removing all the random factors in this game to make for a better competitive experience; this is a shooter after all.
  12. cyzmyass

cyzmyass New Member

QFT!
  13. Llamatron

Llamatron New Member

Or find a way so you don't get autobalanced right after using the anihilator and died after destroying most of the enemy base's turrets (QQ)
  14. Providence

Providence New Member

If all joined at same time then lowest score should be auto balanced.
  15. cyzmyass

cyzmyass New Member

I like that idea, lowest score gets swapped over, he has not contributed as much so would not feel too hard done by when swapped, whereas if the topscorer was swapped he feels it unfair that all his hardwork is being used against him.

Or even a random pick of the bottom 3 scorers would be fine.
  16. BroTranquilty

BroTranquilty New Member

Just to let everyone know, I just purchased Monday Night Combat for the steam engine. I know it is off topic, and I will still be playing mainly on the Xbox360, but I'm also sure Uber doesn't mind hearing this.

Doesn't everyone like my speech recognition software. It makes me type like you all do.

Anyway, if I'm on the computer I just want something to do. Mainly, I'll be using it to make fan modifications.
  17. Col_Jessep

Col_Jessep Moderator Alumni

Welcome to the dark side!

[​IMG]
  18. BroTranquilty

BroTranquilty New Member

I had heard promises of cookies, but I didn't think it would actually be true.

O goody!

O, but wait, I still play for 360, I just wanna dabble on line and make fan modifications.

Can I have those cookies anyway?
  19. zerolimits

zerolimits New Member

Nice, Thank you for fixing the server browser, it was my biggest concern and I am glad you guys waited till it was correct before launching the title.

++Respect to the devs.

Not sure about the balances but it sounds good.
  20. zerolimits

zerolimits New Member

I have always seen QFT as quoted for Truth, especially if that is all that is said with a quote above it....

What is the other version Quit F****in talking?