Update 6 is out!

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat PC Discussion' started by Ekanaut, January 20, 2011.

1. cpugeek13

cpugeek13 New Member

Thank you for nerfing the anti-turret powerhouses! As a support player, I can't begin to describe how frustrating it is to upgrade a base full of turrets only to have a juiced tank or assassin come in and destroy all my work. Both tanks and assassins are powerful enough, even with this nerf. Still waiting for a shotgun damage boost though.
  2. scathis

scathis Arbiter of Awesome Uber Alumni

Damage boost? Wow, first time I've heard that request.
  3. DeadStretch

DeadStretch Post Master General

Like damage that boosts you?
  4. cpugeek13

cpugeek13 New Member

Or at least make it a little more effective at range. I swear, you have to be like point blank with an enemy to do any damage with the shotgun. Or maybe I just suck :p
  5. faits

faits New Member

Shotgun should shot rocket. Obviously.
  6. DeadStretch

DeadStretch Post Master General

A ranged shotgun in a fictional game. Where?
  7. Mastah

Mastah New Member

Nice!! Now I'll consider upgrading it to lvl 2 more often :)
  8. Llamatron

Llamatron New Member

I love that new server browser! A few things though:

It would just be probably better to see smaller "password" collumn and a bigger "server description" one. In fact personally I'd just remove all the right hand panel with the selected server variables and replace it with more collumns for the server list, one being used for icons showing all the true/false settings, and a popup on mouse over, or a smaller right hand panel with just the info that didn't fit in the icons (class limits mostly, as I think match and OT duration could have their own collumns too)

I think having a dropdown for a menu with two choices is unnecessary, it would be more handy to select the game mode filter by clicking the arrows, and the maps filter selection should be in a dropdown.

The map selection should default to "all" when changing game mode, currently I believe it stays on the index # of the one selected in the previous game mode.

So far I had the game hanging a couple of time, once when going from server browser to main menu if I recall correctly, and once after a multiplayer blitz round (that I played all by myself QQ), each time the loading screen stood there forever and I had to kill mnc.exe. First time it was a blue screen with MNC logo, and second time on a pitgirl animation.

EDIT: hanging from the server browser to the main menu confirmed, here's how I could reproduce it:
    - go in server browser
    - try to join a non updated server (loading screen then back to the browser with a "downloadable content' message)
    - exit the server browser (blue screen with MNC logo, process doesn't seem hung tho as its memory usage changes a bit, but there's definitely something wrong as it stays on that screen forever)

You have the HH gun for a bit more range, but at close range the shotgun is not "any damage", it's more like two shotting most people.
    Last edited: January 20, 2011
  9. Goose

Goose Active Member

I assume that the custom classes are going to get reset again when the full game comes out?
  10. cyzmyass

cyzmyass New Member

Love this update, i play both sin and gunner alot, the changes are spot on, sin badly needed the balance and i always felt gunner grapple2 needed to be a throw like snipers so he could counter failed sin grapples and it needed to come out faster. Gunner deploy3 could do with some work next since it still seems worthless.

*Fixed players kicked from game when Steam connection is lost*

god damn uber are fast at fixing stuff :D
  11. BulletMagnet

BulletMagnet Post Master General

I'm not that worried to be honest; I just rediscovered how fantastically awesome the stock Tank is.
  12. wug_

wug_ New Member

good looking out on the sin/tank changes, was almost a waste of time building turrets as 1 juiced sin could rape your entire base.
  13. Velijah

Velijah New Member

/agree
  14. Diablohead

Diablohead New Member

I love you.
  15. cyzmyass

cyzmyass New Member

Played for a while now, the changes are very noticeable, as gunner i survived a sin grapple and did an immediate throw counter to kill him, it came out really fast. And as sin i cant just smoke dagger a single turret at start of game, have to run away or turret kills me, i like the changes.
  16. Pluberus

Pluberus New Member

Overall, great patch. Will our server filter settings save at release? (So we don't have to readjust them every time we get to the server browser?

Also, I don't know what I did/what happened, but after exiting a game and then exiting to the main menu from the server browser, I got a purple screen with the MNC logo - No buttons, and ESC or Enter didn't do anything. I had to End Process in Task Manager.
  17. Lorenzo Von Matter

Lorenzo Von Matter New Member

You're right, as a tank I was able to tear down bases alone pretty easily
  18. WhiteHawke

WhiteHawke New Member

This patch is awesome. Shave ice needed help, gunner grapples needed help, assassins were juicing like crazy and you guys are the best. If you guys keep up these sort of intelligent changes how in the world do you expect even competent companies like Valve to keep up with the quality level? How? I'm waiting.
  19. OfficerFuttBuck

OfficerFuttBuck Active Member

Fixed my crash on startup!
  20. Mail

Mail New Member

I haven't tried this out yet but oh my god I can't wait to. Now assassins won't be quite such solo game winners, and gunners don't have a completely useless skill :D