Update 6 is out!

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat PC Discussion' started by Ekanaut, January 20, 2011.

1. Mibuwolf

Mibuwolf New Member

Ok. I don't agree about the grapple through a person's charge, but anyway... what about this:

Player A uses charge. One second later Player B uses charge and they both collide however Player B wins the "battle". Why?

It happens with both tanks and assaults I think. :?:
  2. traitormagnus

traitormagnus Member

lol, awesome!
  3. Ekanaut

Ekanaut Uber Alumni

Charge Priority. Tank over Assault. heavies over lights
  4. Mibuwolf

Mibuwolf New Member

Right. In the case it's Assault vs Assault, who wins? As well as Tank vs Tank? :?:
  5. Mastah

Mastah New Member

No one wins. They both get pushed back and lose a little life, at least it's the case for Assault.
  6. Mibuwolf

Mibuwolf New Member

I've actually gotten thrown out from another assault when we both used charge relatively at the same time (+/- a few milisecs). So I'm just not sure, although you're right, MOST cases you just push each other away.
  7. Caliostro

Caliostro New Member

That's why you don't use it at max range, against an opponent that's facing you, after telegraphing it by suddenly not attacking anymore.

What I usually do as a Tank is go after the enemy with the jetgun, when they're busy with the jetgun (and usually jumping), I'll trample them with the charge, when I'm too close and they're too busy to react to it.

As assault I keep charge as more of a "close quarters defense". Usually against assassins. Jetpack to get away from grapple + charge to trample = lulz.
  8. Diablohead

Diablohead New Member

When me and another tank / assault have charged each other at the same time we both would bounce away with minor damage, I think that's fine. As for an assault beating a tank in a charge well that's mostly lag, on their screen you were not charging at the right moment.
  9. Skizzen

Skizzen New Member

The best charge kills are on people standing right behind you as you flare up.

Oh my god that's not how that backstab was supposed to go! That wasn't a backstab at all!
  10. Ekanaut

Ekanaut Uber Alumni

If you happen to be in air or slightly off the ground or trying to jump out of the way while getting charged, you will go flying.
  11. BroTranquilty

BroTranquilty New Member

so an in-air charge of the same level as the enemy, loses to a on-ground charge of the enemies? if so, this would explain a lot.
  12. Xx Tikki xX

Xx Tikki xX New Member

im still getting the problem where i can join a game and around 2-3 mins everything is like i disconnected but im still in the game, i can run around and ****, do no damage, no projectiles come out (like the mortar) and bots and pro's just run in a straight line, im guessing its my modem or something?
  13. Myst

Myst New Member

Is your router a Thompson?

If so, there are a few workarounds...

1) permanent telnet fix

2) Wait 60 seconds after refreshing server list and then join the game.

3) Add servers to your favourites and join from there