Unofficial "Official" GUI Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by Culverin, September 29, 2013.

1. Culverin

Culverin Post Master General

Anybody familiar with the "draw on map" tools for Zero K?
    Is there anything we should learn or have for PA?
    @GoogleFrog might have some input.
  2. GoogleFrog

GoogleFrog Active Member

Drawing on a planet sounds less useful than drawing on a map because you can only see quite a small part of the planet at any time. When drawing on the map you can see and plan on the entire battlefield, this would not carry over to drawing on planets.

I don't know if there is much to say on the UI. Just hold down a button, your mouse is now a pen which draws.
  3. smallcpu

smallcpu Active Member

Don't see that as an issue with drawing on the planet as its the standard issue with the spherical maps themselves. So its no further drawback then the whole planets themselves are.

Its still useful as a communication tool as if a player does something where you've drawn on they still see it.
  4. atharol

atharol Member

If they would have taken anything from civilization i wont buy it. People want the REAL TIME not Turn based ****..
    bradaz85 likes this.
  5. DragonLost

DragonLost New Member

dont know if its been requested, (and i dont have beta so i dont know if it is) but i would like it to be touchscreen friendly, i would like to play without the need of a mouse.
  6. tatsujb

tatsujb Post Master General

no I think it still would work, at least as much as issuing orders now... why turn down a mechanic that would really help the game that you yourself suggested?
    Last edited: December 18, 2013
  7. GoogleFrog

GoogleFrog Active Member

Well Culverin asked "Is there anything we should learn or have for PA?" so I tried to give my input on how the feature would work in PA as compared to ZK. It would still be useful and I think the feature should be included, it just would not be as good.
  8. massimo3rd

massimo3rd New Member

Hey there,
    i don't know if it was allready mentioned on the last 7 pages but i would recommand to implant a small icon in the left site of the screen wehre u can see "idle worker units" or a short cut like in Supreme Comander. Because looking for them comsumes a bunch of time.
  9. stormingkiwi

stormingkiwi Post Master General

Default hotkey is f.