Unit Ranges Vs Zoom

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by acey195, September 11, 2012.

?

What do you think of unit ranges and zoom levels

1. I want my units to be practically melee range to be able to see everything on one screen.

3 vote(s)
    4.3%
  2. I want to be able to see groups of medium range artillery units firing at each other, without having

15 vote(s)
    21.4%
  3. I want to be able to see groups of assault units firing at each other, without having to use icon re

21 vote(s)
    30.0%
  4. I just want to be able to see my units firing or the targets, I don't need to see both without using

14 vote(s)
    20.0%
  5. I almost never zoom in, Icon representations are fine.

17 vote(s)
    24.3%
  1. zordon

zordon Member

Split screen mode is already confirmed.
  2. racetrack

racetrack New Member

Do you have something to add or is this your way of conceding without actually conceding
  3. PKC

PKC New Member

i am surprised such a simpleton can manage to use a keyboard.
  4. KNight

KNight Post Master General

We've been over this many times over the years already on the GPGNet Forums, it's so old hat to us we spend more time laughing at this argument than anything else.

Same kind of argument as I'm sure happened when Blizzard revealed that there would be no selection limit in SCII. And yet we see how that panned out.

Mike
  5. Recon

Recon Member

Split screen is confirmed - great but is it supcom style splitscreen, or can you have it where the screen you're not mousing over tracks to the mouse on the other screen? That sort of thing (as a toggle feature) could really help things like this issue, since you could have the enjoyment of seeing your units up close, while simultaneously ordering them around in strategic view on the other screen.
  6. racetrack

racetrack New Member

Way to not argue the point lol. I guess a simpleton like myself could never hope to understand the depth and breadth of your argument though so what's the point in posting it right? :cool:

I've yet to see anyone do anything other than insult people who try to make my argument. Until you say something related to the point of the topic I don't actually care what you have to say
    Last edited: September 11, 2012
  7. erastos

erastos Member

So you want a worse UI. This is what's know in game design terms as 'false difficulty', where you make it harder for the player to get the game to do what they want. You might enjoy struggling with a weak UI, the vast majority (as shown in the now 3 threads on this subject) do not agree. Giving up UI power in exchange for pretty is a terrible trade off. Even more so when the loss of pretty that you're complaining about only happens in particular circumstances - the pretty's still there, you can look at it any time you like.
  8. PKC

PKC New Member

no, we already have a 20-page thread discussing that topic. if you're too f'n lazy to bother then why should we explain it AGAIN?

you are bad and wrong.
  9. zordon

zordon Member

Actually I thought that was some kinda brilliant parody. My mistake, I gave you credit where none was due.

I'm not sure. Decent suggestion though.
    Last edited: September 11, 2012
  10. PKC

PKC New Member

:lol:
  11. neophyt3

neophyt3 Member

I am upset that people that can't be nice about other peoples views can use a keyboard.
  12. racetrack

racetrack New Member

This is the post you made in response to someone else who made my arguement:

You haven't discussed anything, you've just made idiotic posts.
  13. PKC

PKC New Member

unlucky.
  14. erastos

erastos Member

Poe's Law...
  15. PKC

PKC New Member

wrong (again). go read the 20 page thread or STFU. this has been discussed to death by myself and others that actually have a clue about both supcom and game design.
  16. neophyt3

neophyt3 Member

Nah, I learned to deal with it a long time ago, but obviously not everyone has (or will).
  17. racetrack

racetrack New Member

I cant argue with you guys if you just dodge everything I say lol. The thing about arguments is you actually need two or more people who are interested in having one. All you're doing is dodging, deflecting or attacking the person with the opinion, which is pretty much an admission of defeat so I'll take solace in that :)
  18. KNight

KNight Post Master General

Start Reading.

Mike
  19. PKC

PKC New Member

hi everyone, im too lazy to actually bother reading the discussion in question in the correct mega-thread on this topic and because im too stupid for anyone to bother with i'll just claim victory.
  20. zordon

zordon Member