Unit Cannon units and Pelicans trying to find a location to land.

Discussion in 'Support!' started by b8factor, January 18, 2015.

1. b8factor

b8factor Active Member

So the wife and i were testing some things out... primary how to prevent being sniped form unit cannons.

I boxed my commander in with walls and 10 slammers. I had the wife send 20 slammers, aimed directly in the box. Just before the units landed the server froze as the units tried to find a place to land.

Replay: 14834482457591653106 at the 60.37 spot.

You can not see the freeze on the replay, but both of us felt it in game.

This made me wonder how units, in unit cannon or pelicans, decided were to pop out at and its affect on LAG? I know I wish the pelicans would not land in 1 single location. game play wise it would be nice if they landed in same FORMATION they were picked up in so you could not die to 1 shell at their landing zone, or use them to boom bot drop on the flanks of a tank formation, or for that matter not take advantage of the single location to group a large amount of GILE on a drop for sniping. hehe (guilty)

Side note, I have also landed gile before and picked back up before a sheller could make it to them... and if I do not move the pelicans (carrying their cargo) from the spot they were sitting the sheller ammunition hit sunder neath the flying pelicans and destroys the pelicans. However if I move them slighting it does not... FYI. This can be seen at 38:30 in that video. Rewind back form that and you can see me not get hit by the sheller as well when i move ever so slightly.