UNBAN LAVIO FROM SMNC

Discussion in 'Unrelated Discussion' started by neapolitanfrenchfrie, January 3, 2013.

?

UNBAN LAVIO!

1. I agree!

3 vote(s)
    37.5%
  2. I totally agree!

5 vote(s)
    62.5%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. grimbar

grimbar New Member

Last thing I heard was that he wasn't banned from the game despite his shenanigans.
  2. sheriffofpiltover

sheriffofpiltover Member

Disagreeing with popular opinion isn't a shenanigan.

He did nothing wrong but have an unpopular opinion.
  3. grimbar

grimbar New Member

Racist and antisemitic marks = nothing wrong

I learned much today
  4. sheriffofpiltover

sheriffofpiltover Member

When did he make those? I never saw them, if so, then I guess the ban was justified, even though others make just as hateful remarks towards others in the community without consequence. (transphobia, anyone?)

AND LET US NOT TALK ABOUT HOW A CERTAIN SOMEONE DID THE SAME THING IN GAME ON A STREAM WITH EVIDENCE WITH NO CONSEQUENCE WHATSOEVER
  5. knickles

knickles Well-Known Member

Well... it's clear now they're still posting.

Are bans IP based? If not, what's to stop them from making alt steam accounts like they've done here?
  6. neapolitanfrenchfrie

neapolitanfrenchfrie Well-Known Member

1. I don't play as regularly as I used to, since Lavio got banned
    2. Are you asking him to just make steam alts?
  7. knickles

Well, I'm not condoning it. But he's already gone out of the way to make a new Uberent alt, so I don't see why this is much of a stretch (unless that 4 poster is a new player, that happens to be oddly into the rules and chowder conspiracy).

If it's affecting your relationship, anything for love. Also, I'm not asking him to do it, I'm asking what's stopping him?
  8. neapolitanfrenchfrie

neapolitanfrenchfrie Well-Known Member

MAAAAAYYBBBBBEEEEEE because he wants to comply with the rules now and actually be able to play?
  9. knickles

I thought making alts wasn't against the rules. At least, that's what some 4 poster said.

And if it is against the rules, he's already broken them pre-unban.
  10. sheriffofpiltover

sheriffofpiltover Member

In his ban issue, it specifically said alt account creation was a M A J O R part of the decision.
  11. knickles

And it had nothing to do with what he was using those alt accounts to do?
  12. hotcakes

hotcakes New Member

A mod thought half of my warnings were from racist posts when they were for nonsensical things like "stupid posts".

???

I know, I was pretty confuse. I'm also depicted as a racist despite being into racial equality.
  13. garat

garat Cat Herder Uber Alumni

Pimpnamedslickback, in an email thread with me, told me, and I'm paraphrasing "I'm not gonna play any more anyway, sold all my stuff, go ahead and delete it".

To be clear, his account is still there, it's just banned. The amount of time he, and people like him, have wasted, for both me and the other mods, in tracking down numerous accounts, constant trolling has cost far more than any good his involvement in the community has brought.

I generally prescribe to the "forgive those who show contrition" school of punitive measures, but when you're told to stop doing something and keep doing it. OVER AND OVER AGAIN. What, exactly, do you expect? Grow up, leave the forum and the game for a while until you can behave at least somewhat maturely.

This thread is now locked, future ones where "friends" are asking for a ban to be lifted will be deleted. If the person in question wanted to debate the ban, they're welcome to email me. Of course, when I've been lied to repeatedly, my tendency to "forgive and forget" is unlikely. But that's between Uber and the banned individual in question. Green? And to be clear, this isn't just Pimp. There are at least a few other clear people who do the "lie and retract" method over and over again. So long as they continue to troll and be a problem, they'll continue to be banned.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.