Unable to Load Saved AI Skirmish in PA: Titans

Discussion in 'Support!' started by allanon333, December 7, 2016.

1. allanon333

allanon333 New Member

Hello,

I've uninstalled and reinstalled PA: Titans (including wiping all AppData/Registry items). I can create AI Skirmish fine, and save it fine. When I go to load the skirmish it just pings the server, goes through 15 attempts, tells me it can't connect and dumps back to save game load screen.

I'm attaching my DXDIAG, and the log I think you need. I think the relevant error from the log is:

[21:14:11.109] ERROR Error loading save: Unknown driver replay version encountered.

I've seen this consistently in the other logs I've created- makes me think the save file is out of sync with an expected version? Of course, just a layman's interpretation- could be a reference to hardware driver?

Best,

allanon333

Attached Files:

2. mikeyh

mikeyh Post Master General

Also need the client logs.
  3. mikeyh

Most likely it's an issue with your window username path.... as it's trying to load this "C:\Users\Jake " instead of the actual saved file.
  4. allanon333

allanon333 New Member

Ok. I'm not sure I see a client log. What is the location and naming convention? I looked on the info thread about where to find logs, but it didn't distinguish which logs.
  5. allanon333

allanon333 New Member

Just a related though on your point about an incorrect directory location. I have the Steam version.

Steam is installed on the main drive
    PA: Titan Game files in a separate hard drive / steam library (not the same as Steam executable),
    The save game location it appears to be accessing is my account folder on the Windows Drive (C:User\Jake\AppData\Local\Uber...
  6. mikeyh

7. allanon333

allanon333 New Member

Interesting. Couldn't find a corresponding one. I tried to reload the same save file, which created both log files this time (may have deleted the client one earlier by mistake).

Anyway, here they are- reposting dxdiag as well (same from above in the thread).

And thanks for the quick responses and assistance- much appreciated.

Attached Files:

8. mikeyh

Yep... it's failing because of the & in your windows username path.

Might be able to patch via community mods.
  9. mikeyh

Will be fixed in next update.

You can patch your local copy by replacing save_game_utility.js from:
    Code:
    D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Planetary Annihilation Titans\media\ui\main\shared\js\save_game_utility.js 
    There was a missing encodeURIComponent around selectedGamePath.

Code:
    window.location.href = 'coui://ui/main/game/connect_to_game/connect_to_game.html?action=start&mode=' + mode + '&loadpath=' + encodeURIComponent( selectedGamePath ) + contentQuery;
    Quitch likes this.
  10. allanon333

allanon333 New Member

Thank you very, very much. That did the trick. Might be a good workaround to sticky for anyone else that has the same situation. I did a lot of searching on the boards/google, before I posted. I found an article from a year ago that mentioned special characters, but didn't think that was the issue to be honest.

Thanks again sir!