UI stops working (*Workaround found*)

Discussion in 'Support!' started by davedontmind, August 2, 2015.

1. masterdigital

masterdigital Uber Alumni

You log file clearly states that the ui processes are crashing due to reaching a gpu process limit... which is actually a very useful error to have posted. The --software-ui flag forces all pages to render using the cpu, which can be slower but won't crash due to gpu issues.

I will look into this issue further. Hopefully we can find a solution.
  2. crizmess

crizmess Well-Known Member

Wait, what? GPU process limit?
    I guess you never stop learning new things.
  3. masterdigital

Actually it mentioned "GPU process crash limit reached!" My initial summary was slightly misleading.
  4. crizmess

crizmess Well-Known Member

Oh, jolly well.
    I thought Microsoft introduced another really-good-idea(tm) on Windows 10 or something.
    I even saw this image of a lonely Microsoft engineer, still working on a Friday night (because Friday night is the only real time you work on an emergency code close), thinking to himself as he types in the last line of DX12 API bindings:
    "Hmm, a limit on GPU bound processes? Why not. I mean, what can go wrong?"
  5. masterdigital

I submitted a change in the PTE (public test environment) which *might* help with this issue. I cannot reproduce the bug, so it would be very helpful if someone who was encountering the issue checked to see if the problem persists. You would have to remove the software-ui flag and play for a while.

We should push a new build out by tomorrow if you don't want to bother with the PTE.
  6. kardon

kardon New Member

Removed software-ui flag and loaded pte version. Game froze not long into custom multiplayer match 1 v ai. Alt tabbed out and saw Error code: parsley.

Log file and DxDiag attached. Hope that helps, I know hunting down bugs is a pain. If you need anything else to help let me know.

Just tried the standard non pte version, the UI stopped responding around 5 minutes in.

Attached Files:

Last edited: August 27, 2015
  7. core1989

core1989 New Member

This is happening to me as well. I submitted my information the other day when the evil herb parsley crashed my game.

The easiest way for me to replicate it as i have more than one card is just to play the game.

Normally happens after 5 minutes or so.

Symptoms are ....

First your drag box disappears so now you cannot select a group of units only double clicking will work.

Second now your build window will be the same as the structure you clicked on earlier and will not change.

Third Lastly you either get a lock up and an error or you watch helplessly as your commander gets killed by the AI.
    Last edited: August 27, 2015